Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things seem to be looking up

Things seem to be looking up

Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:58 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Things seem to be looking up

We seriously started marketing our property here about a month ago. I know exactly the state of the market and didnt expect too much too soon. We have now had 4 viewings in 3 weeks including a couple who viewed our house 4 times, agreed on a price and moving in within 4 weeks but unfortunately pulled out at the last minute for reasons unknown. (they said the kitchen was too small but I think that was an excuse as they raved about our kitchen and how modern it was). So looks like property at the right price seems to be moving again.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Things seem to be looking up

When we were trying to sell in UK one excuse for not buying was " I wouldn't be able to get my grand piano in"

At no stage had we said we were selling a mansion!

Best of luck as always
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:46 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Always found that the ones who seem most enthusiastic are the ones who never buy We have had them re-visit, take photos/videos, even measure for curtains ! I think some are just chasing a fantasy. One couple came back twice and the second time said they were going to put an offer in the next morning...never heard from them again
Old Mar 5th 2011, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
So looks like property at the right price seems to be moving again.
Oh, I got the impression you didn't sell it.
Ours here in UK is also on the market, and they all make the right noises, they all love it, but until it's all signed and sealed, I just tend to ignore it. If it's meant to happen, it will, if not, as I said when we put it on the market, we'll might be here in 10 years time! We're not unhappy here, nor do we have to sell for any reason, (just fancied a new build) so we'll just tough it out, I'm not going to chase the market down. We have great neighbours here, we could move and get the neighbours from hell!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 12:31 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by agoreira
Oh, I got the impression you didn't sell it.
!
We havnt yet. I was just referring to the number of viewings we have had. I know people who have not had that many viewings in six months.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 12:41 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

We were selling a house in the UK about 1995 and things were slow. By November it had been on sale for about 6 months, hardly any viewings and none for about a month. One evening I said to OH that nothing would happen until about March as the market was dead in winter. An hour later a couple came to the door and said they had been visiting friends and seen the sign. They had a good look around and 10.30pm the woman phoned and said if we offer the full asking price will you accept it....we were expecting to reduce a bit The house they were buying had fallen through and they wanted to move quick, 3 weeks later we had completed.

As for neighbours We always suss them out before buying but you just never know as people move around a lot now. We bought a small flat in a mansion block in London when we moved to Spain, nice view over Battersea park. An old couple lived next door and we never heard them. They sold to a family who used it as a bolthole for their teenage children. Their lounge wall ajoined our bedroom and they were up until the early hours every day