Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thick hot chocolate

Thick hot chocolate

Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

cufcfr66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thick hot chocolate

Can anyone give me the brand name of a hot chocolate that goes really thick? My homemade churros go really soggy in thin stuff. Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thick hot chocolate

Originally Posted by cufcfr66
Can anyone give me the brand name of a hot chocolate that goes really thick? My homemade churros go really soggy in thin stuff. Thanks
Make your own with grated quality chocolate and milk.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that but not sure on quantities and I'd hate to waste good, real chocolate. You got a recipe, please?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that but not sure on quantities and I'd hate to waste good, real chocolate. You got a recipe, please?
The way I make it is I get a high cocoa bar of chocolate, say 70% and above (don't buy that cheap cooking crap) then I flake it off, heat up a pan of milk (full fat if you can get it) and slowly let it dissolve, whisking it to make sure it mixes and doesn't boil.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Great. I'll try that.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:03 pm
Straw Man.

Great. I'll try that.
Don't forget the whipped cream!!!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

And if you are ever in Madrid, go to the Chocolateria San Gines. They are famous for having some of the best hot chocolate and churros around.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Can't stand the stuff myself but as the Spanish have it for breakfast I do know they sell shed loads of the stuff in the shops and bars, can't recommend a brand though.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Thick hot chocolate

Naughty, naughty, Rugbymatt!!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:26 pm
Straw Man.

Naughty, naughty, Rugbymatt!!!
What have I done now????
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:38 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

The purest form of chocolate you can purchase in Spain is Valor a la taz, (tins). Others have varying amounts of sugar added.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Whipped cream's a bit OTT!!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:09 pm
Straw Man.

Whipped cream's a bit OTT!!!
Yeah.... but it tastes SO good!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm lazy and if I want hot chocolate I buy the ready to drink stuff that just needs heating up.

But there aren't many greater disappointments in life than asking for a hot chocolate in a bar/cafe and being presented with a ColaCao.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Thick hot chocolate

The worst gliff I had was asking for one and getting a cup of lukewarm milk and a sachet of powder on the side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.