Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are there really expats like this in the CDS

Are there really expats like this in the CDS

Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Abyss-Rover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there really expats like this in the CDS

My better half enjoys watching the tv program "Come dine with me". Last night there was one on More 4 and it was 4 people from the Marbella area.

Did anyone else see this and can they confirm that there are people like this living in this area of Spain?
Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:57 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there really expats like this in the CDS

It's only a TV programme, they don't actually choose normal people to take part
Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abyss-Rover
My better half enjoys watching the tv program "Come dine with me". Last night there was one on More 4 and it was 4 people from the Marbella area.

Did anyone else see this and can they confirm that there are people like this living in this area of Spain?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...e+dine+with+me
Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jackytoo
It's only a TV programme, they don't actually choose normal people to take part
TV it is, correct. But surely those people came from that area? So people like that must exist there!

Although I have to agree, they probably don't pick the most normal people from the bunch. Maybe like forums, they don't choose the people who take part!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

That's the one, can't watch it on line from here though
Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:33 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abyss-Rover
That's the one, can't watch it on line from here though
it's probably available for download - I haven't looked
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

ukhozi is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunatly there are such peopke in Marbella, (next door to me) but they don't live in the real world.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there are people like that living all over southern coastal Spain. I was just saying the same thing to Rod Stewart last night when I upstaged him in the local karaoke bar. "Lep" said Rod "you got the best voice in the business" - I already knew that (natch!) and only last week Nigella called for dinner and could not get over my unique Baked Alaska and demanded that I give her the recipe for her forthcoming television series.

I nearly made it to Come Dine With Me, but of course they had to settle with ordinary people.

Last edited by Leper; Apr 28th 2012 at 6:29 am.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

There was a series last year called 'Little Britain' which focussed on people in the 'Dordogneshire' area of France.

There was one person in it that I knew quite well yet I hardly recognised him in the programme. I suppose some acting up is de rigeur in such situations.

Your 15 minutes of fame and all that !
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

that guy goes in the bar where my wife works,and is quite normal and polite,its the rest of the ex pats you need to worry about
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:49 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukhozi
Unfortunatly there are such peopke in Marbella, (next door to me) but they don't live in the real world.
if they live next door to you and arent in the real world - must we assume you are also on another planet ??
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

jean1947 is an unknown quantity at this point

Advertisment for people in Alicante and Benidorm for June shows, dont all rush.