Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are there any decent maps of Spain

Are there any decent maps of Spain

Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are there any decent maps of Spain

I haven't yet found anything equivalent to OS inch to the mile (1:50,000??) - what's the nearest anyone's found?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any decent maps of Spain

Originally Posted by fionamw
I haven't yet found anything equivalent to OS inch to the mile (1:50,000??) - what's the nearest anyone's found?
My OH's biggest gripe, there is no real good equivalent.

He ended up with some military maps & they were a big dodgy.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The whole of Spain is available on recent, digitised 1:25000 maps.

There are details on this site http://www.cnig.es:8081/visir2/visualizador.asp

look at the Mtn25 range.

They are available from the CNIG shops. Look at the main website http://www.cnig.es/
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

look at the Mtn25 range.

They are available from the CNIG shops. Look at the main website http://www.cnig.es/
Brain scramble - which is that, bigger scale ie fewer miles to the inch, or vice versa? And what are CNIG shops? Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

look at the Mtn25 range.

That's cool! Thanks!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:10 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Brain scramble - which is that, bigger scale ie fewer miles to the inch, or vice versa? And what are CNIG shops? Thanks
They are the shops that sell the CNIG maps.

Look on the website that I gave you the link to.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They are the shops that sell the CNIG maps.

Look on the website that I gave you the link to.
Doh! Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:36 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I must have a look at that. I was once in a mountain resort in Austria where someone had put on a display. They had taken an OS map of the area, cut round each contour line, and then glued each piece onto a sheet of material (looked like thin polystyrene sheet) and then glued them all back on top of each other. The result was a map with an exaggerated vertical displacement, which was visually impressive, as well as enabling one to easily grasp the geography of the area. I always fancied doing something similar, but could never see a map of Andalucia with contours.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Are there any decent maps of Spain

Originally Posted by bil
I must have a look at that. I was once in a mountain resort in Austria where someone had put on a display. They had taken an OS map of the area, cut round each contour line, and then glued each piece onto a sheet of material (looked like thin polystyrene sheet) and then glued them all back on top of each other. The result was a map with an exaggerated vertical displacement, which was visually impressive, as well as enabling one to easily grasp the geography of the area. I always fancied doing something similar, but could never see a map of Andalucia with contours.
The Militay mapping mentioned before does have contours and I find it very good for what it has but it is not very up to date. For instance the A49 stops at Huelva on the copy I have of Ayamonte and that was a long time ago!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:26 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the contours are the same, eh?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Are there any decent maps of Spain

Originally Posted by bil
Hopefully the contours are the same, eh?
I think the hills and valleys have been around a bit longer than the motorways but I suppose for CE there will be some differences.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this can serve to you...

http://www.bartholomewmaps.com/times...xtent_2003.jpg
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

suzis minion is on a distinguished road

Dependant on what area I would try the Editorial Alpina series, as they are regularly updated and very good for walkers. Apart from that the Military maps are quite good for topography, but they are severely outdated. Still there is nothing in Spain that has the same quality as the UK OS maps.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/stock/spa...-walking-maps/
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by suzis minion
Dependant on what area I would try the Editorial Alpina series, as they are regularly updated and very good for walkers. Apart from that the Military maps are quite good for topography, but they are severely outdated. Still there is nothing in Spain that has the same quality as the UK OS maps.

Yes, I've got some from Stanfords but as you say not a patch on OS.... still haven't checked out the Bartholomews or CNIG links, though.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzis minion

I believe that if there are maps of quality, what happens is that it is necessary to locate these maps, because there are maps of many varieties: topographical, political, physical...

Another very good alternative I believe that it would be also the program " Google Earth "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.