Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telly and films on the net.

Telly and films on the net.

Old Oct 30th 2009, 1:00 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telly and films on the net.

If you don't have Sat. TV this is a handy place to watch films and lots of programmes from the States.
http://tvshack.net/
Old Oct 30th 2009, 1:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telly and films on the net.

Also filmon.tv
Old Oct 30th 2009, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Also filmon.tv
Apart from a few channels, it charges now though. I think BBC and few others are still there, but British TV still works OK.
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/live-tv/41045-british-tv.html
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

According to TV Catchup they are still stating that their service will, legally, be available outside the UK from 19 December.

I know in a previous thread there was some doubt of their interpretation of the EU law on this but, other than the possibility of the date being changed, they insist their information has been verified.

Take a look at their forum.

For those who haven't seen it they legally stream the programs which are on freeview for viewing in the UK. However some watch from outside the UK if they use a proxy or similar that they have not yet blocked.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:25 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Apart from a few channels, it charges now though. I think BBC and few others are still there, but British TV still works OK.
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/live-tv/41045-british-tv.html
Thanks for those links but a special thanks for this one. I've not seen UK telly for a long, long time. I'll try and stick to just watching the news but have the feeling it's going to be like the first time I received Sky and spent all week flicking through all the channels.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:40 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Madridboy
If you don't have Sat. TV this is a handy place to watch films and lots of programmes from the States.
http://tvshack.net/
WARNING: According to McAfee Site Advisor (Internet Security) this site attempts to breach browser security... Personally I'd not bother !

I read the other day that 5.8 million web pages are malicious - cyberspace is rife with criminals who want to steal your data. Practise SAFE SURFING, Get security software...

I'm speaking from experience after I visited a very normal looking media site which conned me into watching a short tutorial video - with in a blink of an eye a "pop-up" came and went and infected my machine ... took me effing 19 man-hours to put right - plus I was then a carrier for a 'bot-net' ?!?!?!

Not Nice !!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:42 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
WARNING: According to McAfee Site Advisor (Internet Security) this site attempts to breach browser security... Personally I'd not bother !

I read the other day that 5.8 million web pages are malicious - cyberspace is rife with criminals who want to steal your data. Practise SAFE SURFING, Get security software...

I'm speaking from experience after I visited a very normal looking media site which conned me into watching a short tutorial video - with in a blink of an eye a "pop-up" came and went and infected my machine ... took me effing 19 man-hours to put right - plus I was then a carrier for a 'bot-net' ?!?!?!

Not Nice !!

I have AVG grisoft and Avira and neither have shown any report and I along with many others have been using this for a long time.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:58 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

I have AVG grisoft and Avira and neither have shown any report and I along with many others have been using this for a long time.
That's no guarantee !! And It's a warning - do so at your own risk.

AVG is free is it not? and does it check web sites for malware in real time ?

McAfee does as I browse or use Google - A BIG RED X next to TV SHACK - after what happened to me before I ain't risking such site anymore !

http://www.siteadvisor.com/
Attached Thumbnails Telly and films on the net.-tv-shack.jpg  
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:15 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
That's no guarantee !! And It's a warning - do so at your own risk.

AVG is free is it not? and does it check web sites for malware in real time ?

McAfee does as I browse or use Google - A BIG RED X next to TV SHACK - after what happened to me before I ain't risking such site anymore !

http://www.siteadvisor.com/
I understand you may be a little worried about what you open as we all should.
A free antivirus system used by millions is not a bad system just because it is free.
I shall however ask on the USA forum I'm on where I got the link and I will get back to you and your concerns as soon as possible.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:33 pm
Yaaarp

I pasted your warning screenshot and I've just had a reply on the forum where I found trhe link. 2 of the members have responded and said they use mcafee and have never had a warning about it. One of them suggested updating or re-installing your mcafee as your settings could be wrong. I'm no expert on this but if someone else on there can respond with more info I'll let you know.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:51 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by campolife
According to TV Catchup they are still stating that their service will, legally, be available outside the UK from 19 December.

I know in a previous thread there was some doubt of their interpretation of the EU law on this but, other than the possibility of the date being changed, they insist their information has been verified.

Take a look at their forum.

For those who haven't seen it they legally stream the programs which are on freeview for viewing in the UK. However some watch from outside the UK if they use a proxy or similar that they have not yet blocked.
TV Catchup's service will only be legal if the Broadcasters don't charge subscription fee's for access.

The Audiovisual Media Services Directive which is not new but revised has to become national law in all member states by the 19th December. It does ban the use of Geo location IP services to prevent anyone within the EU zone from watching online content USA and Oz can still be banned. It does not however prevent charging for access to content provided in this fashion, Those issues come with the Copyright Holder of the content being aired.

Commercial breaks has been held at 12 minutes in an hour to aid new broadcasters find the funding to keep channels alive But Films, current affairs programmes and news cannot be interrupted by adverts more than once for each period of 30 minutes. Advertising Alcohol will be included in the banned commercial content, More consideration to keeping fatty foods out of commercial breaks will be enforced also.

Sky has already launched their charging subscription based platform all the other channels will follow suit, As it adds money at the end of the day. Then if the content comes off a chargeable based platform and is shared via torrent p2p software or alternative means its still Copyright Infringement. It will probably slow down the US content released into the eurozone.

A Guide to the Audiovisual Media Services Directive

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Oct 30th 2009 at 9:54 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 10:01 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
TV Catchup's service will only be legal if the Broadcasters don't charge subscription fee's for access.

The Audiovisual Media Services Directive which is not new but revised has to become national law in all member states by the 19th December. It does ban the use of Geo location IP services to prevent anyone within the EU zone from watching online content USA and Oz can still be banned. It does not however prevent charging for access to content provided in this fashion, Those issues come with the Copyright Holder of the content being aired.

Commercial breaks has been held at 12 minutes in an hour to aid new broadcasters find the funding to keep channels alive But Films, current affairs programmes and news cannot be interrupted by adverts more than once for each period of 30 minutes. Advertising Alcohol will be included in the banned commercial content, More consideration to keeping fatty foods out of commercial breaks will be enforced also.

Sky has already launched their charging subscription based platform all the other channels will follow suit, As it adds money at the end of the day. Then if the content comes off a chargeable based platform and is shared via torrent p2p software or alternative means its still Copyright Infringement. It will probably slow down the US content released into the eurozone.

A Guide to the Audiovisual Media Services Directive
Excellent information. Some of the programmes I've tried watching streamed from the States and the UK have restrictions and this clearly explains why.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 10:18 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

I pasted your warning screenshot and I've just had a reply on the forum where I found trhe link. 2 of the members have responded and said they use mcafee and have never had a warning about it. One of them suggested updating or re-installing your mcafee as your settings could be wrong. I'm no expert on this but if someone else on there can respond with more info I'll let you know.
Thanks. I have top McAfee Security Suite, which protects 3 PCs and is updated every day automatically. It intercepts my Google Search on either Internet Explore or FireFox browsers in real time from their site data.

Anyone can go to SiteAdvisor web site and put a web site address in and check the site report. Again it says "use caution" ... so I am !!!

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/tvshack.net

Every man/woman for them self !
Old Oct 30th 2009, 10:25 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent information. Some of the programmes I've tried watching streamed from the States and the UK have restrictions and this clearly explains why.
Me I don't mind paying for my Telly, But I will not pay to watch adverts. Which is why Sky can go Fly. Personally I just have a US and UK itunes account and buy the series I want to watch without the Adverts. And with an Apple TV its all in one place. It works for me. If they air in the US early I get them early.