Telephone

Old Dec 26th 2011, 12:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telephone

Can anyone tell me whether this phone will work in Spain. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I am told that our system is up the shoot and at the moment have too much going on to start trailing around the shops for a new set so wondered about this one.

Rosemary
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:23 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Can anyone tell me whether this phone will work in Spain. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I am told that our system is up the shoot and at the moment have too much going on to start trailing around the shops for a new set so wondered about this one.

Rosemary
the theory says its ok, just remember to change the lead as this will be a BT system spec and you need to re-use the one off your old phone

what problem do you have with the current system? the biggest problem is that after a year or so the batteries don't take recharge so well and drift off quite quickly. Depends on what make as to the availability of new batteries to give it a lease of of life.

rgds
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
Do you already have it or are you planning to buy it?

It might work but I think you might be better buying something similar from the Spanish site. They have loads of triple sets at a similar price and you know that they will all be compatible.

http://www.amazon.es/b/ref=amb_link_...rd_i=931491031
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
the theory says its ok, just remember to change the lead as this will be a BT system spec and you need to re-use the one off your old phone

what problem do you have with the current system? the biggest problem is that after a year or so the batteries don't take recharge so well and drift off quite quickly. Depends on what make as to the availability of new batteries to give it a lease of of life.

rgds
We have had the present set of three for about 5 years and the batteries have been changed a few times but now they just never seem to hold a charge for any length of time. I took one off the holder the other day and it died almost immediately so I am thinking that they may need replacing completely.

Rosemary
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James
Do you already have it or are you planning to buy it?

It might work but I think you might be better buying something similar from the Spanish site. They have loads of triple sets at a similar price and you know that they will all be compatible.

http://www.amazon.es/b/ref=amb_link_...rd_i=931491031
I have not bought new yet. Thanks for the link, they look good value. Can I use my Amazon.UK account to buy from Amazon.ES or will I have to set up a totally new account?

Rosemary
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:17 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had a problem with any (UK) phone here in Spain - just had to change cables.

Is there really a difference between the two systems?
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Telephone

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I've never had a problem with any (UK) phone here in Spain - just had to change cables.

Is there really a difference between the two systems?
Yes.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:50 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I have not bought new yet. Thanks for the link, they look good value. Can I use my Amazon.UK account to buy from Amazon.ES or will I have to set up a totally new account?

Rosemary
You can sign into the Spanish site with your normal EM and password. It will have all your credit card and address details.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

If your phone takes AAA batteries, I would try two new rechargeble batteries in it first. For the sake of a couple € its worth a try. Ours did the same a year or two back. Changed the batteries for two standard aaa rechargebles and its been ok ever since.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 5:12 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes.
... care to expand ...

Have I just been lucky then?

All our phones worked and even the fax machine.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... care to expand ...

Have I just been lucky then?

All our phones worked and even the fax machine.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259034
Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fred,

The thread that you provided the link to was dated 2004. Not exactly the dark ages as far as I'm concerned, but a pretty long time ago in technology years.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Hino
Hi Fred,

The thread that you provided the link to was dated 2004. Not exactly the dark ages as far as I'm concerned, but a pretty long time ago in technology years.
So, do you have some more useful information?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 8:30 am
Retired and loving it!

Thanks for the link Fred. As Hino says, I think technology must have moved on as all of mine work fine - must be newer models that have got around these issues.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 8:48 am

It's a bit hit and miss. I bought a cordless dual phone from Amazon UK last year and just could not get it to work.

The technology may have moved on but the wiring systems haven't changed.

The main difference between UK and Spain is that the UK uses a 4 wire connection and Spain only uses a two wire connection. I tried all the usual tricks but it just would not connect. I had to send it back in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.