Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica Wifi

Telefonica Wifi

Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:40 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica Wifi

Wow - that's so cheap I think I might get one to try it out!

It could make a good spare.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Wow - that's so cheap I think I might get one to try it out!

It could make a good spare.
I have just been told that it got a bad review on Amazon.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I have just been told that it got a bad review on Amazon.
There has only been one review of this router on Amazon.

The person who submitted the review has also submitted one other review

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...0&pageNumber=2

and again a bad review , this time on a product that has mixed reviews from other people.

However www.appinformatica.com have a whole range of wifi routers at varying prices, and shops in most areas including Conil..
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:35 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The router that you linked to is not the same router.

The GetNet router has not been reviewed at Amazon.

If you Google "GetNet GR-534W WLAN 150Mbps 4-Port DSL Router" you will get a load of hits so it is obviously pretty well known.

It does seem an amazing price.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The router that you linked to is not the same router.

The GetNet router has not been reviewed at Amazon.

If you Google "GetNet GR-534W WLAN 150Mbps 4-Port DSL Router" you will get a load of hits so it is obviously pretty well known.

It does seem an amazing price.
Hi Fred

I believe the router I linked to at APP was GA-324WA / GA-324WB

http://www.getnet.eu/products_GA-324WA.B.html

Unfortunately the APP site is down at the moment so I cannot double check.

This router has one review at Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...DateDescending

The Amazon link in my previous post was to a Linksys router that was reviewed by the same reviewer, I was trying to point out that this person has made two negative reviews one of which received mixed reviews from other people

Fred
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:09 am

Yes Fred, I have found that review. As you pointed out, the review might just be one from a negative reviewer - there always seen to be plenty of those on Amazon.

I think the confusion is that Amazon have 2 different models which look exactly the same - the one without a review is the 534 model not the 524 that APP offer.

I guess that if it was as bad as the review suggests it could always be taken back.

As I said earlier often the most important feature of a router is it's ease of setup, especially for the less experienced user. That is the attraction of the Telefonica products.

Last edited by Fred James; Sep 1st 2010 at 9:11 am.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I guess that if it was as bad as the review suggests it could always be taken back.
For only €18.30 I would certainly give it a try if I was in need of one.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

cocoinspain will become famous soon enoughcocoinspain will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Telefonica Wifi

I live in Sotogrande and we are having terrible problems with slow telefonica ADSL (past 10days) and Telefonica tech support say its the whole of andalucia. My Spanish is rubbish so dont know what the actual problem is or when they hope to fix it. Anyone have the same problems or know more info on what is actually the problem. Very difficult to get any work done at these speeds.

On another note if you need to call telefonica call 1004 and ask for English language and they will patch you through to and english speaker. Although tech support for ADSL wont be one of them.

Appreciate any help.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 2:49 pm

That is excuse number 43b in the Telefonica book of excuses.

I am in Andalucia and my connection is running slightly faster than usual.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:34 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

That is excuse number 43b in the Telefonica book of excuses.

I am in Andalucia and my connection is running slightly faster than usual.
so it's all your fault
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
so it's all your fault
Yeah, mine is slower too.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa
so it's all your fault
OK - I'll turn my router off and you can all get back to normal!