Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica Services (How on earth do you get them to reply)

Telefonica Services (How on earth do you get them to reply)

Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telefonica Services (How on earth do you get them to reply)

I have been with Telefonica for the last 9 years,but since Movistar has been involved it is almost impossible to get them to solve your problems.
I am trying to get them to test my ADSL line I usually get about 4 mg
but for the last couple of days it has been down to 0.50.
I have tried repeatedly day and night for the last two days with everyone passing the buck, and keeping you hanging on for ages playing silly music , and then disconnecting the line after 10 minutes or more.
I am so frustrated with them I do not know what to do next!
Any ideas or helpful tips on how to get through to a human who will solve my problem.
Many Thanks ( Javea Area )
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica Services (How on earth do you get them to reply)

Try complaining about the voice connection. Say that you sometimes get cut off and have noise on the line.

They usually respond to those calls pretty fast and when the engineer is out get him to check the ADSL connection.

By the way, Movistar didnt "get involved" with Telefonica - it's just the trading name that Telefonica now use for all their domestic products.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:35 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
I have been with Telefonica for the last 9 years,but since Movistar has been involved it is almost impossible to get them to solve your problems.
I am trying to get them to test my ADSL line I usually get about 4 mg
but for the last couple of days it has been down to 0.50.
I have tried repeatedly day and night for the last two days with everyone passing the buck, and keeping you hanging on for ages playing silly music , and then disconnecting the line after 10 minutes or more.
I am so frustrated with them I do not know what to do next!
Any ideas or helpful tips on how to get through to a human who will solve my problem.
Many Thanks ( Javea Area )
I think it must be something to do with your line - as Fred says, maybe ring & say there's something wrong with your landline

are you actually IN the port - I am & usually get around this - - this is actually a bit slower than usual
Old Jun 21st 2013, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
Try complaining about the voice connection. Say that you sometimes get cut off and have noise on the line.

They usually respond to those calls pretty fast and when the engineer is out get him to check the ADSL connection.

By the way, Movistar didnt "get involved" with Telefonica - it's just the trading name that Telefonica now use for all their domestic products.
The dial on the speedtest hardly moves the readings are:
Dowload 0.09 Upload 0.05 Ping 1127
I an not able to even talk to anyone human who might help 1004 hold the line ( Music Playing and laughing in the background) after holding for ages eventually get disconnected.
try 1002 same thing.
Given up~!
Surely you must be able to complain but where do you start?
I have tried telephoning different times of day and night, but to no avail.
I am not the only one surely.
Can someone help!
Old Jun 21st 2013, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

In similar circumstances with a different company but with an after sales issue, my wife eventually called the sales line and insisted on a call back. She didn´t get the call back so called the sales line again with even more gusto. She got a call back within haf hour from an after sales person .... might be worth a try
Old Jun 21st 2013, 6:52 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

might be worth a call saying you wish to cancel the contract
they usually offer large discounts you didnt think were possible
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 3:25 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Service seems to vary greatly from area to area and in what day you call them, but call them every day and report the problem and they'll eventually do something. The other problem is that When they do show up they Usually they just replace the router, which rarely fixes the problem, so back to.square one.

It you have the luxury of switching to ONO or another company, you'd do yourself a big favour.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 3:46 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Un plug the router from the mains and wait for a couple of minutes.. Put back on again and see if that helps...or press the reset button on back of router.. if i get a slow ip address that what i do..