Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica/Moviestar

Telefonica/Moviestar

Old Jan 12th 2015, 3:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telefonica/Moviestar

When I bought a place here in Madrd (quite a long time ago) I had a horrendous experience with Telefonica which put me off them for a long time.
Long story short as a new phone number they gave me a Fax Number which was still in use and it took weeks to sort out, suffice to say the Customer service was really crap.

However I'm now thinking about changing from Vodafone/ONO/Auna to Moviestar Fusion and I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has recent experience of Moviestar and their customer service. Has it improved or is it still as bad as it used to be?
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:40 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica/Moviestar

Originally Posted by mfh
When I bought a place here in Madrd (quite a long time ago) I had a horrendous experience with Telefonica which put me off them for a long time.
Long story short as a new phone number they gave me a Fax Number which was still in use and it took weeks to sort out, suffice to say the Customer service was really crap.

However I'm now thinking about changing from Vodafone/ONO/Auna to Moviestar Fusion and I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has recent experience of Moviestar and their customer service. Has it improved or is it still as bad as it used to be?
My son is with Movistar and has had no problems at all.

We all are on Movistar mobile contracts and again, no problems.

We have no experience of Fusion so can't comment on that part of their offering.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

I won't comment as I think very lowly of all the Spanish phone companies - mostly from 3 bad experiences.

You only have to look at the supercilious, look down their nose at you, staff in the franchise shops to realise that the company behind them is no better.

Having said that I have just bought a very cheap PAYG mobile off Movistar - only because they have coverage in our rural area. Amazingly it works although I have yet to make an International call or receive a call.

One thing to watch is you are on probation for so many months before you can make International calls on a contract phone. You can pay a deposit and get it back after six months good behaviour. Of course your friendly assistant in the shop won't recognise you are Johnny Foreigner and point out this limitation to avoid any difficulties.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Have never had a problem with movistar, service is good and has been very reliable, the latest fusion deal is very good value for money, think things have changed since the old Telefonica days, they are still the parent company though
Old Jan 12th 2015, 5:49 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer

One thing to watch is you are on probation for so many months before you can make International calls on a contract phone. You can pay a deposit and get it back after six months good behaviour. Of course your friendly assistant in the shop won't recognise you are Johnny Foreigner and point out this limitation to avoid any difficulties.
In all the years we've been in Spain, my wife has had contract 'phones - in all that time, she has NEVER had a problem making international calls. From day one she's been able to make and receive them - even the unwanted ones.

There was never a question of 'probation' so I don't know where that idea has come from - maybe it's new?
Old Jan 12th 2015, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing but praise for Movistar who provided me service after Orange let me down badly.

I started a thread on Movistar Fusion on this forum recently.

But obviously given the enormity of their customer base things will go wrong for some.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you to all who have replied