Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica Call Centre agents- grrrrrrr!!!

Telefonica Call Centre agents- grrrrrrr!!!

Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Negada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really nice
Default Telefonica Call Centre agents- grrrrrrr!!!

Is it just me or do some of you out there feel like you're playing Russian Roulette when it comes to Telefonica call centre agents???...sometimes I'm lucky and I find myself talking to a really helpful person but mostly I find myself talking to a person who gives me the impression that I'm bothering her and I should go away...I'm getting to the stage where I dread having to dial 1004!!!

I'm moving house this week so I wanted to tie up loose ends. That was an education in itself trying to ensure that my Telefonica account closes when I move! Then I asked how do I return the Domo handset as I no longer require it - according to the agent, Telefonica expect me to traipse to Alicante and return it to the outlet there. There is a Telefonica outlet in Benissa (which is near to me )but they won't accept the handset there.

Well, they'll be a long time waiting.....
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:57 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica Call Centre agents- grrrrrrr!!!

Originally Posted by Inquieto
Is it just me or do some of you out there feel like you're playing Russian Roulette when it comes to Telefonica call centre agents???...sometimes I'm lucky and I find myself talking to a really helpful person but mostly I find myself talking to a person who gives me the impression that I'm bothering her and I should go away...I'm getting to the stage where I dread having to dial 1004!!!

I'm moving house this week so I wanted to tie up loose ends. That was an education in itself trying to ensure that my Telefonica account closes when I move! Then I asked how do I return the Domo handset as I no longer require it - according to the agent, Telefonica expect me to traipse to Alicante and return it to the outlet there. There is a Telefonica outlet in Benissa (which is near to me )but they won't accept the handset there.

Well, they'll be a long time waiting.....
Are you moving far? Don't they just simply transfer your account to the new address as in England? Have you found another telephone supplier? I'm asking as part of my ongoing research before moving to Spain as I don't want to subscribe to a phone company which is not very helpful if there is an alternative. I keep reading on here about Telefonica's bad service
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure the majority of people will agree that Telefonica customer service skills are non existent !!!!

I have had to deal with them on numerous occasions (initially when it took a year to get connected after the estate agent who sold the house to us told us it would be "no problem" getting a line - he would say that wouldnt he) after endless calls back and forth they agreed that as I had waited a year I would not have to pay the installation charge - great I thought, so I would pay the bill I had received less this charge WRONG

The bank can only except the exact amount shown on the bill, ok so I will get a refund - yes - WRONG AGAIN, 3 years later and no refund made

re transferring your number, yes that is possible, maybe Inquieto is moving to another area ?

Before I moved to Spain I thought it funny that people on these types of forums used the phrase "Telefonica rage" after living in Spain 4 years I have suffered this many many times

HAPPY TUESDAY
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:19 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
Im sure the majority of people will agree that Telefonica customer service skills are non existent !!!!

I have had to deal with them on numerous occasions (initially when it took a year to get connected after the estate agent who sold the house to us told us it would be "no problem" getting a line - he would say that wouldnt he) after endless calls back and forth they agreed that as I had waited a year I would not have to pay the installation charge - great I thought, so I would pay the bill I had received less this charge WRONG

The bank can only except the exact amount shown on the bill, ok so I will get a refund - yes - WRONG AGAIN, 3 years later and no refund made

re transferring your number, yes that is possible, maybe Inquieto is moving to another area ?

Before I moved to Spain I thought it funny that people on these types of forums used the phrase "Telefonica rage" after living in Spain 4 years I have suffered this many many times

HAPPY TUESDAY
More research to do then!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Telefónica are apallingly bad... most of our calls (as an instant translation and interpretation helpline) are for us to call Telefónica for Brits over here. They do give you the impression you are interrupting their almuerzo and don´t even try and hide their impatience... and you normally have to chase any query up a number of times - unless you are lucky.

However, I have heard similarly bad stories from customers about other providers so I would stick with "the devil you know" and the more well-known one to be honest!!

You can always get Pass the Phone to call them for you if you have problems!

If you move within the same code area (ie 96.....) you can take your telephone number with you but you can´t if you are moving outside of that prefix area. Your account will be registered to your NIE so it will link in to that when you have a new telephone number and address and they will be able to see what your previous number was and where it was located.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:30 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I must be the exception to the rule .... they've always been very helpful when I've called, although it did take them some weeks to trace a fault (cross line). I found the best time to call was around 10 am.

Of course if you have a SOLbank bank account they actually do the work for you and speak to TF on your behalf.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danemad
Telefónica are apallingly bad... most of our calls (as an instant translation and interpretation helpline) are for us to call Telefónica for Brits over here. They do give you the impression you are interrupting their almuerzo and don´t even try and hide their impatience... and you normally have to chase any query up a number of times - unless you are lucky.

However, I have heard similarly bad stories from customers about other providers so I would stick with "the devil you know" and the more well-known one to be honest!!

You can always get Pass the Phone to call them for you if you have problems!

If you move within the same code area (ie 96.....) you can take your telephone number with you but you can´t if you are moving outside of that prefix area. Your account will be registered to your NIE so it will link in to that when you have a new telephone number and address and they will be able to see what your previous number was and where it was located.

I hate to say this, BUT, I've never really had problems with Telefonica. Telefonica in English, yes, loads of problems when we first come out as we thought they would be helpful as we knew no Spanish. Since then we have dialled 1004, used 'Inglesi por favor' and got pleasant helpful people, I've also used their e mail contact.
[email protected]
Typed my question in English and ALWAYS got a speedy reply, even to using that system to cancel my dial up service once I get ADSL.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

that´s great! Glad you have not had problems with them.

However, like I said... 70% of our calls each week are to deal with them on behalf of our customers so I get to speak to engineers and operators a number of times daily and obviously I don´t have any trouble with the language, so it´s not that. I can´t say all the operators are the same cos some are very good...

Also I know they are trying to improve their atención al cliente for Brits so perhaps things are on the up in that respect!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:25 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I have always found them curtious and very helpful with any problems

(Hope they read this :-) ;-) next problem sorted double quick)
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

tbeanes is on a distinguished road

I had problems with Telefonica's arrogance once or twice.
Nowadays the first thing I do is asking them for their name then I continue explaining the reason for my call.
Somehow this seems to put the call on a more personal setting.
Saludos T
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tbeanes
I had problems with Telefonica's arrogance once or twice.
Nowadays the first thing I do is asking them for their name then I continue explaining the reason for my call.
Somehow this seems to put the call on a more personal setting.
Saludos T
The ones I have spoken to always give their name and say how can I help you ?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:50 am
Just Joined

tbeanes is on a distinguished road

yes jdr, the ones I spoke to did that as well ..but as it is always in a rather hurried fashion ..it is difficult to understand ..hence I ask back..give my name etc
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I, too, generally find the Telefónica call centre operators helpful. If I get one that is being a bit difficult I always thank her (the difficult ones are usually a her) for her help, hang up then call back.