Reload this Page >

Telefonica Adsl HELP!!!

Telefonica Adsl HELP!!!

Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

mrspickles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telefonica Adsl HELP!!!

Hi,

Been living here for four years and have been using Orange as my ADSL provider. I have just decided to change over to Telefonica as they were offering a faster speed than I have got now for the same price and other movistar calls etc etc etc...I have just recieved my router and a letter with my contrasena, but I have no user name! I have tried going onto the Telefonica website to get it and the site will not accept my NIE no to retrieve the user name!! I have tried calling the helpline but they gave me another number that does not exist and from them on have had other numbers that take me back to the start. How the heck do I speak to someone about this or is there some way that I can find out the information that I need before I go insane?

Last edited by mrspickles; Nov 7th 2009 at 6:01 pm. Reason: wrong
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica Adsl HELP!!!

Is the router connecting OK? It should do so as soon as you plug it in.

What do you want a user name for? Are you wanting to set up a new email address with Telefonica?

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 7th 2009 at 6:19 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:17 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Try the username adslppp@telefonicanetpa. Without the full stop at the end.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:24 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That's just the standard username to get connected - its the same for everyone and it is preset in the router.

The username to set up the email account (if you want one) is usually your telephone number @telefonica.net but it should have said that in the letter they send.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:48 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It can get complicated, although what Fred said is correct. Changing over from Orange you’ll need to get rid of their configuration, via the control panel and network connections, and delete them, and reboot.

If your OS is XP or Vista, just plugging in your Telefonica router should be sufficient, but if you’ve installed their disk, you’ll need to configure things.

You’ll have installed two folders on your desktop, Configurar Agente and Gestor de arrannque, and you need to run through both and fill in the boxes. The most important ones are the usario and contrasenio, already preset, but you’ll need to fill the boxes.

Usario: adslppp@telefonicanetpa

Contrasenio: adslppp

You may need to go into the control panel, internet connections and tick the box for ‘never dial up’.

If you’re using Linux or Mac, you’ll need to start another thread.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 7:06 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
It can get complicated, although what Fred said is correct. Changing over from Orange you’ll need to get rid of their configuration, via the control panel and network connections, and delete them, and reboot.

If your OS is XP or Vista, just plugging in your Telefonica router should be sufficient, but if you’ve installed their disk, you’ll need to configure things.

You’ll have installed two folders on your desktop, Configurar Agente and Gestor de arrannque, and you need to run through both and fill in the boxes. The most important ones are the usario and contrasenio, already preset, but you’ll need to fill the boxes.

Usario: adslppp@telefonicanetpa

Contrasenio: adslppp

You may need to go into the control panel, internet connections and tick the box for ‘never dial up’.

If you’re using Linux or Mac, you’ll need to start another thread.
Normally, from what I've heard and from my experience, telefonica will come and install the system and check that it is working correctly and at the required speed.

This should all be covered in their 'package' - I would suggest a call to them and insist they send an engineer out.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Normally, from what I've heard and from my experience, telefonica will come and install the system and check that it is working correctly and at the required speed.

This should all be covered in their 'package' - I would suggest a call to them and insist they send an engineer out.
Normally they just deliver the "kit" and you install it yourself.

You can arrange for installation but they will charge you over €100 for that.

Normally it works straight out of the box, no configuration needed.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks, I will give it a go. The reason I was confused is that when I got my Orange router I had a letter with all the information that I needed and that included the user name for my set up which was similar to the "your tel no"@orange.com password that you mention... You've made it sound quite straight forward !!!

Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:07 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

I do hope that you manage to get it sorted out. I've had ongoing problems with my dial-up connection with Telefonica for the past 3 years and sometimes I really think I'm going insane

Basically, I pay €16 per month and that's supposed to include unlimited internet access 24/7 and all local calls but until recently (fingers crossed) I was getting billed for all that on top of the €16!

They kept saying there was a technical fault, or I was dialling the wrong no. (which they had given me), or there was no internet access in my area (!), or a myriad number of other excuses. They'd credit my bank account with arbitary amounts that bore no relevance to what I was being charged - I'm still owed a couple of hundred euros but have just about given up on ever seeing that again. I think it's just about sorted but won't know for sure until I go back at the end of month.

They're a nightmare to deal with and I wish you the best of luck

Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:34 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A little tip, maybe. If you’re unfortunate enough to have to call out a tecnico, and he’s friendly and efficient, ask him for his private mobile and whether he will do a bit of work on the side. Next time you need help, don’t bother with 1004 and being passed from one surly operator to another, just ring your man’s mobile.

He’ll be there in half-an-hour and charge half price.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 12:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
A little tip, maybe. If you’re unfortunate enough to have to call out a tecnico, and he’s friendly and efficient, ask him for his private mobile and whether he will do a bit of work on the side. Next time you need help, don’t bother with 1004 and being passed from one surly operator to another, just ring your man’s mobile.

He’ll be there in half-an-hour and charge half price.
Usually they will give you that info in any case, at least ours always did, as they are usually only agents working for Telefonica.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 6:52 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

Yes that is what happened when I ordered ADSL & for no extra charge.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Yes that is what happened when I ordered ADSL & for no extra charge.
Happened with us, even when we transfered to WiFi, but the next time, also WiFi, they didn't come out, just sent the router.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Well am about to give it a go, am wifi too but have dont that kind of set up before... it was just that I knew that I had a user name for my account with orange that I have not been provided with... not one for email, but one to connect through the network to their service..
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Yipee... managed to do it! Last night it would not work, but got up with a fresh sense of determination and it finally worked!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.