Reload this Page >

Telefonica AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Telefonica AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Old May 17th 2010, 8:43 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telefonica AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Can anyone out there help before I go even more insane

I am over in the UK for a couple of weeks and have just wasted the last hour trying to access my telefonica bill online. I never normally have any problem with this - it's always been 'reasonably' straightforward.

Now I can't even find the page to enter my username & password, whatever I do, I'm just directed to the movistar sign-in page - but it's my fixed-line bill that I want to view!

I did a search of the forum and found this 'Go to telefonicaonline.com click on 'efactura'' in a post from 2008 - but once again, I get taken to the movistar login page (I've tried entering my telefonica log in info there but, of course, it doesn't work)

Please - does anyone have a recent bill to hand with the correct web address on it?

Old May 17th 2010, 8:51 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

As from May 1st all Telefonica products and services are now marketed under the Movistar brand - hence your confusion.

You should be able to access your account in the usual way through the "new" Movistar site.
Old May 17th 2010, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fred James
As from May 1st all Telefonica products and services are now marketed under the Movistar brand - hence your confusion.

You should be able to access your account in the usual way through the "new" Movistar site.

Thanks - I didn't know that! But I tried entering my existing username & password and it doesn't want to know. Do I have to re-register or something? (pretty difficult to phone 1004 from here though!)
Old May 17th 2010, 9:05 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

We've just had our fixed line telephone bill from telefonica, but it is now from movistar, and the only contact reference on the bill is the 1004 telephone number, or movistar.es on the web. Otherwise the bill looks much the same as before.

I don't suppose that will help you if you're in the UK, but I'm surprised you can't log in to movistar.es with the same telefonica details.
Old May 17th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

This is a shot in the dark but if you are in UK on another PC maybe it is something to do with your browser and cookies, I know spanish sites can be temperamental on this issue sometimes.
Old May 17th 2010, 9:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
This is a shot in the dark but if you are in UK on another PC maybe it is something to do with your browser and cookies, I know spanish sites can be temperamental on this issue sometimes.
Thanks, but I don't think it can be that as I'm on the same laptop that I always use - I can't even ask to retrieve my password & user name at the moment as the lines in OH's name & so I need his NIE to ask for info. and I don't have that here.

Oh well - will have to wait till he phones this evening - thanks any way

Old May 17th 2010, 9:32 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

When you get to the new Movistar page go to "Mi Movistar" and you will get two options, one for fixed lines and one for mobiles. Select the fixed line and "acceder".

You will now get the old sign in box which should accept your username and password as before.
Old May 17th 2010, 9:35 am
Account Closed

When you get to the new Movistar page go to "Mi Movistar" and you will get two options, one for fixed lines and one for mobiles. Select the fixed line and "acceder".

You will now get the old sign in box which should accept your username and password as before.
Thanks - I think I may have tried that already - but I'll go back & give it another go
Old May 17th 2010, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Yaaaaayyyyyy - thankyou it worked

(now I'd better go & bookmark the page - don't want to go through all that again )