Telefónica II

Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:27 pm
can
Just Joined

can is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telefónica II

Hello,

Some time ago I opened a thread where I wrote about my problems with Telefónica (my line was disconnected because Telefónica sent bills to the address which was not correct).

Now I have another problem. My ADSL line works normally only sometimes. Most time I have problems with it. Every 5-8 minutes Internet connection gets interrupted and "Alarma" light on the router starts blinking. It continues 10-20 seconds and everything is OK again. IP address changes every 20-30 minutes (when IP address is changing, there is no Internet connection for some 30 sec).

If there are no problems with connection interruption, another problem appears - the speed of connection decreases to 5-10 KB/s.

Telefonica's technician visited my apartment 4 times. Last time he changed the cable in my apartment. Every time I get promises that all problems are fixed and my ADSL line will work fine. It works fine, but... for 1-2 hours and then the problem is back.

I speak Spanish very bad (I write better) and I always reported my problems by submitting "averias" @ telefonicaonline.com
4 days ago I discovered that I can not submit "averias" anymore. Telefonicaonline.com returns some "system error" when I try to do it.

I use Internet for my work and I pay almost 90 EUR/month to Telefonica for my telephone line and "1 MB Linea ADSL ambito rural". I also pay 90 EUR for Movistar's Internet Movil just because Telefonica's Internet works only sometimes. I am getting very angry and very nervous and I need a permanent solution of this problem. I am tired to meet Telefonica's technicians every week.

My questions to the forum users are:
- does anyone know the address where can I send "reclamaciones"?
- is there any consumer rights office where can I send a complaint?

Thank you in advance for any advace.

This is how my ADSL line works (just a few days, but it continues for months):

==========================================

No connection interruptions
Internet speed (whole day) - 5-10 KB/s

Internet speed - 5-10 KB/s
10:50-11:00 - No connection

Internet speed normal
10:00-14:00 - connection gets interrupted every 5-8 minutes for 10-20 seconds
10:14:00 - IP address changes every 20-30 minutes

12:40 - IP address change
12:46 - IP address change
17:51 - IP address change
18:07 - IP address change
18:23 - IP address change
19:27 - IP address change
19:39 - IP address change
19:55 - IP address change

18:07 - 20:30 - connection gets interrupted every 5-8 minutes for 10-20 seconds

30:11.2007

Everething works fine

20:30 - IP address change
20:43 - IP address change
21:01 - IP address change

20:43 - ? - connection gets interrupted every 5-8 minutes for 10-20 seconds
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefónica II

I had exactly the same problem .... it was a problem at the exchange, but regret the only way you can get this sorted is by ringing Telefonica ADSL at Madrid, and they dont speak english.

It went on for weeks and weeks, I had the router checked, line checked and eventually when I spoke to Madrid the problem was sorted in 24 hours

You just have to learn the Spanish for:

My ADSL line doesnt work
What your telephone number is
I have a ADSL router serial no ...........
Please have my line checked by an engineer

Thats what I did a while back, then explained I didn't speak Spanish well, hung up and they sorted it!!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:33 pm
can
Just Joined

Mitzyboy,

Thank you for your reply.
I can say in Spanish what's my telephone number and what problem I have, etc. But - the only solution what can offer Telefonica is their technician. As I wrote in my previous post, my line has been checked several times. My router has been changed several times. The problem isn't with cable/rooter/computer in my apartment, but they come here again, again and again...

Last time the technican told me that he can not understand why my ADSL connection get's interrupted every 5 minutes and everything is fine with my telephone line. But he did see that it happends and "Alarma" is blinking every 5 minutes. Then he called some telephone number and told me that now it will be fine. It was fine for some 2 hours...

As I wrote in my previous post, I reported several "averias" via telefonicaonline.com. If I call Madrid, my request will be sent to the same technician (office) in Gran Canaria and I will have a guest again.

Do you think that my call will give another results as my reports of "averias" via telefonicaonline.com?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I had exactly the same problem .... it was a problem at the exchange, but regret the only way you can get this sorted is by ringing Telefonica ADSL at Madrid, and they dont speak english.

It went on for weeks and weeks, I had the router checked, line checked and eventually when I spoke to Madrid the problem was sorted in 24 hours

You just have to learn the Spanish for:

My ADSL line doesnt work
What your telephone number is
I have a ADSL router serial no ...........
Please have my line checked by an engineer

Thats what I did a while back, then explained I didn't speak Spanish well, hung up and they sorted it!!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got by any chance a Domo 2 Telefonica phone with a wireless hands free extension?

If so try unplugging it, as that was a reason someone gave me a while back for intermittent faults.

Originally Posted by can
Mitzyboy,

Thank you for your reply.
I can say in Spanish what's my telephone number and what problem I have, etc. But - the only solution what can offer Telefonica is their technician. As I wrote in my previous post, my line has been checked several times. My router has been changed several times. The problem isn't with cable/rooter/computer in my apartment, but they come here again, again and again...

Last time the technican told me that he can not understand why my ADSL connection get's interrupted every 5 minutes and everything is fine with my telephone line. But he did see that it happends and "Alarma" is blinking every 5 minutes. Then he called some telephone number and told me that now it will be fine. It was fine for some 2 hours...

As I wrote in my previous post, I reported several "averias" via telefonicaonline.com. If I call Madrid, my request will be sent to the same technician (office) in Gran Canaria and I will have a guest again.

Do you think that my call will give another results as my reports of "averias" via telefonicaonline.com?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi can,

It is true that ADSL support does not have English speaking operators, but... 1004's English speaking operators * will * help you with ADSL and any oher problems with Telefonica or their services if you do not speak Castellano, so...

Call 1004

ignore the machine asking questions and just wait until these pass, the call will be answered by an operator.

Ask for 'Ajuda en ingles por favor' but do not say it in good Spanish or the operator will start taking in Castellano, if they say anything just say 'No hablo espanol, ajuda en ingles por favor' and you should be put through to an English speaking operator where you can explain your problem.
If the English speaking operator tells you to call 902 357000... then tell them a Spanish speaking friend called that number so you could talk in English but they sent you to 1004.

During your conversation tell them that someone from telefonica has called, seen the problem, fixed it but 2 hours later the same started again, also tell them that you are paying 90 euros for your phone and an ADSL connection that is not working and that the service needs repairing and make sure they nore an 'incidencia' for the problem. Do not be sharp or angry with them as this will make things worse 'can be difficult at times, especially when frustrated'. I have found these people to be generally very helpful if you do not make them nervous. I know in the past I have looked into this English speaking operator for a couple of people and they where only available at certain times but now 'according to the chap I spoke to this morning' they are available 7 days a week.

The chap I spoke to said the problems you mention sound like the DNS numbers are not correct but as I explained if a Telefonica techie has been there surly the DNS numbers would be correct, so that kind of hit that on the head.

There is a trick you can play on your connection, I don't know if it is wise to explain as I wouldn't want you to create more problems for yourself but it involves jotting down the IP, router address, DNS etc. and then setting the connection up manually using these details that where shown in your DHCP fields on your internet settings when the router auto connects. I have done this in the past so my IP address wasn't changed. Although it is advised not to do this I and others I know have been running their connections without problems this way so if you do not get anywhere with Telefonica them maybe it is an option that could be tried.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Econ; Dec 2nd 2007 at 1:46 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

re 1004 you dont have to wait the operator to answer just say whilst the message is running hablas ingles and it will click and connect you direct to an eglish speaker, Works for us everytome, never needed to wait.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:24 pm
Senior Moment

The 1004 general operators who speak english will refuse to speak to you about ADSL and refer you to Madrid. I had a long arguement with someone there a while back, even telling him I was going to consider moving elsewhere if they couldn't give backup, but they are under strict instructions not to help

Unless of course theres been a change of policy lately
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

The 1004 general operators who speak english will refuse to speak to you about ADSL and refer you to Madrid. I had a long arguement with someone there a while back, even telling him I was going to consider moving elsewhere if they couldn't give backup, but they are under strict instructions not to help
Maybe it is just luck with me but the couple of times I have looked into this for people... yes, they have said that you need to call the 902 ADSL support number, but when explaining that this is of no use as the person that needs to speak to them does not speak Castellano they have generally backed down. In fact this morning when I spoke to them about the problem this poster was having the 1004 operatior wanted to look into the problem there and then but I didn't know the number, granted the conversation I had was in Spanish but an English 1004 operator can do the same as the 1004 operation I spoke to this morning...

I have had to deal with Telefonica for years, once you start to argue with them you will get nowhere and you will walk into a brick wall, I have even had them hang up on me in the past, then I discovered how to deal with them. Many of them don't care, they are just there to get paid but if you keep your cool and explain the facts of the circumstances calmly and even with some humour then I have found it will get you far more than you ever expected.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:19 pm
Senior Moment

I kept my cool mate, "argue" was probably the wrong word.
I explained that I couldn't speak Spanish well enough to explain my problem. He helped as much as he could, and even told me what to say in Spanish, but was adamant that I would have to call myself.

As I said, maybe they have changed but it was made quite clear to me that they were unable to discuss ADSL matters
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just had a thought on a couple of things, are you sure you are using a router and not an ADSL modem? If it is a modem then the software might be set to disconnect after say 5 minutes of inactivity, this would explain the changing of the IP addresses as often as they do, because each time you try to access something on the internet the connection would be made and a different IP address generally used as your connection will use a dynamic IP. I don't see any reason for the the IP address changing as often as this unless the connection is being disconnected and as I say, some 'modem' software will do this if set to do so.

I am not a big windows user although I do use it at times 'as little as possible ' but another thing... I think I remember the internet properties on a PC have a setting for even a network connection can be set to disconnect also, would be an similer option as I mentioned with the modem software 'disconnect after x minutes when not being used' or simler, now this may only be for a dial up connection only but I can't be sure with Windows, maybe it is available when using ADSL also? some Windows person might clarify this? could this be the problem I wonder?

Last edited by Econ; Dec 2nd 2007 at 7:39 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:31 pm
can
Just Joined

Hello,

Thank you your replies very much.

Mitzyboy, I don't have a Domo 2 Telefonica phone.

I have called 1004 two times, but they refused to talk about ADSL problems. They gave another telephone number where noone speaks English.

Econ, I don't understand what is the difference between router and ADSL modem. I have a white box with label "Router Inalambrico". I can use it as wireless modem (router) if I wish and I can cannect it with cable to my computers. I use it with cable because I have 2 computers and wireless connection works only with 1 of them.

I am for 100% sure, it's not a router/modem problem:
1) Telefonica's technician changed the router/modem 2 times.
2) There are ~7 -10 days every month when I have no problems with ADSL at all.

2 weeks ago even my telephone line was dead (+ADSL of course) - no incoming, no outgoing calls, no signal at all. And this time it was not disconnected because of unpaid bills. I reported this problem to 1004 on Thursday. The technician came on Sunday. He fixed telephone line problem, but after a few hours I had another problem - with ADSL.

I am really angry, but I am always friendly when I talk to 1004 operators, Telefonica's technicians etc. At the same time I don't know how to force "Telefonica" to look for a problem deeper, not just to check cables in my apartment every week.

I live in the South part of Gran Canaria. I rent a apartment here which is located in ~50 m from playa. I really like apartment and place where I live, but at the same time I think about moving to Las Palmas, the capital of Gran Canaria, because of problems with my telephone line.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by can
I have called 1004 two times, but they refused to talk about ADSL problems. They gave another telephone number where noone speaks English.
Sorry to hear this.... see below!

Originally Posted by can
Econ, I don't understand what is the difference between router and ADSL modem. I have a white box with label "Router Inalambrico". I can use it as wireless modem (router) if I wish and I can cannect it with cable to my computers. I use it with cable because I have 2 computers and wireless connection works only with 1 of them.
Do you connect this to your computer with a USB or eithernet cable?

Do you need software installed on your computer to connect to the box?

Originally Posted by can
I am for 100% sure, it's not a router/modem problem:
1) Telefonica's technician changed the router/modem 2 times.
The setting that would cut off after x minutes is not a router.modem setting so if you have software on your computer to run the ADSL modem the setting I am thinking of would be in the softwares settings, as I mentioned I remember about a setting on a PC somewhere under TCP/IP properties '5 think' where the connection can be set to cut off after x minutes if not being used, so again this would be located on the PC and not the modem.

Originally Posted by can
I am really angry, but I am always friendly when I talk to 1004 operators, Telefonica's technicians etc. At the same time I don't know how to force "Telefonica" to look for a problem deeper, not just to check cables in my apartment every week.
It's too late now but if a technician calls again about your ADSL get his mobile number off him, I actually know cases where they just give the client the number when they have had a couple of problems.... just in case.

Originally Posted by can
2) There are ~7 -10 days every month when I have no problems with ADSL at all.
This would mean that the settings I mention above would not be the problem!

Now I called 1004 this morning and asked to be put through to an English speaker, as Mitzyboy has said 'sorry Mitzyboy but the Spanish speaking ones I have spoken to in the past didn't have a problem with this' where not interested in an ADSL problems and to be honest they would not speak to me in Spanish either, said they couldn't speak Spanish!!! I had problems even understanding their English! Strange that a Spanish speaking 1004 operator * will * offer help with the problem? anyway I then called 1004 and spoke to a Spanish operator and raised this with them, they said that they can't help on ADSL 'officially' again 'as Mitzyboy has said ' and when I explained Spanish operators have when I called then she just went: hummm, so maybe an unofficial thing she wouldn't comment on 'call being recorded etc'! no idea!

In our conversation this girl said she worked in the language department in the recent past and there was a high demand for the language service to be spread around Telefonica services but that they have no word of this happening.
She did suggest that you call into a Telefonica shop as many of these are attended by people who speak other languages or can get by in other languages so maybe have luck their.

The other option is to get a Spanish speaker to make the call for you.

can, I have sent you a PM

Last edited by Econ; Dec 3rd 2007 at 9:44 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

unionisten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Econ
Sorry to hear this.... see below!

Do you connect this to your computer with a USB or eithernet cable?

Do you need software installed on your computer to connect to the box?

The setting that would cut off after x minutes is not a router.modem setting so if you have software on your computer to run the ADSL modem the setting I am thinking of would be in the softwares settings, as I mentioned I remember about a setting on a PC somewhere under TCP/IP properties '5 think' where the connection can be set to cut off after x minutes if not being used, so again this would be located on the PC and not the modem.

It's too late now but if a technician calls again about your ADSL get his mobile number off him, I actually know cases where they just give the client the number when they have had a couple of problems.... just in case.

This would mean that the settings I mention above would not be the problem!

Now I called 1004 this morning and asked to be put through to an English speaker, as Mitzyboy has said 'sorry Mitzyboy but the Spanish speaking ones I have spoken to in the past didn't have a problem with this' where not interested in an ADSL problems and to be honest they would not speak to me in Spanish either, said they couldn't speak Spanish!!! I had problems even understanding their English! Strange that a Spanish speaking 1004 operator * will * offer help with the problem? anyway I then called 1004 and spoke to a Spanish operator and raised this with them, they said that they can't help on ADSL 'officially' again 'as Mitzyboy has said ' and when I explained Spanish operators have when I called then she just went: hummm, so maybe an unofficial thing she wouldn't comment on 'call being recorded etc'! no idea!

In our conversation this girl said she worked in the language department in the recent past and there was a high demand for the language service to be spread around Telefonica services but that they have no word of this happening.
She did suggest that you call into a Telefonica shop as many of these are attended by people who speak other languages or can get by in other languages so maybe have luck their.

The other option is to get a Spanish speaker to make the call for you.

can, I have sent you a PM
technical sevice at telefonica isnt avalible in english
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:18 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by unionisten
technical sevice at telefonica isnt avalible in english
Correct for ADSL, thats what we have been saying on here
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Correct for ADSL, thats what we have been saying on here
The techie that installed mine spoke English, and the techie that looked into another problem told me it had been shut off at their end by mistake in perfect English.
I think the language problem is with the call center operators. ;-(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.