Reload this Page >

TEFL in and around Murcia

TEFL in and around Murcia

Old Aug 20th 2014, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Extra123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TEFL in and around Murcia

Hi
I'm new to the forum so hope someone can give me some advice, positive or negative!

I am currently taking a TEFL course and I'm planning to move to the Murcia/Cartagena area at the end of summer 2015. Does anyone know what the possibility is of finding work teaching English or as a Teaching Assistant in the local schools or the International schools? Should I apply now or wait until I've moved?

Thank you for any help given.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 8:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TEFL in and around Murcia

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 7th 2014, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

blueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the rough

Hello Extra.
For EFL teaching posts, private academies tend to advertise jobs from January onwards and right up until September, so you have some time yet before you need to start applying. I taught in Spain 2 years ago, and there is still a huge demand for English teachers, particularly as Spanish parents want their kids to have English because the recession has hit Spain so hard.
In terms of TA jobs in International schools, this is something I would also like to do, but other than the TES site, I rarely see such posts advertised. It might be worth you while sending your CV directly to the schools.

Good luck.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks Blueeyes for the advice. Good news that teaching English is in demand. I'll keep my eye out for academy adverts in the new year. Could you point me towards where they advertise, or are they just on their own school websites?
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

blueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the rough

Hi extra.
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post actual website addresses here, but if you put EFL or TEFL into the search, it should bring up the sites which advertise jobs. You have plenty of time, some are still recruiting for this current academic year. Have you started your TEFL yet? Best of luck with it, it is pretty intense but a great qualification to have.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Blueeyes, I'll have a good search. only just started qualification so hope to finish by end of Jan which should fit in with recruitment dates. I'm also attending Spanish lessons which I hope will also help me get a job. I'll get emailing academies and schools/colleges in the new year. thanks again for your response