Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Technophobe needs advice, TV&DVD purchasing

Technophobe needs advice, TV&DVD purchasing

Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:43 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Technophobe needs advice, TV&DVD purchasing

[QUOTE=Fred James;9559028]
Originally Posted by bil

No 100hz is OK. You do need to make sure the TV is 1080p to get the best from BluRay.

Frankly unless you have a huge screen you won't notice the difference.

Also remember that to get the best from full HD you need to sit very close to the TV. Twice the diagonal of the TV is the optimum distance. It seems close at first but you get used to it.
Gotcha. Thanks.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note someone was moving and gave me tv newer than the one I had which must have been 10 yr old but working perfect.Anyway I took it to local tip along with an old type computer monitor but again working monitor saying it seems stupid to be throwing away items that work perfect. When I got to the tip guy said put it in that container over there, which I did it was stacked to the roof with the same many looked much newer than the ones I was getting rid off. It hit me what a wasteful society we have become. The old tube type telly's did seem to last forever.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

These give a reasonable idiot's guide to TV, plenty to read to confuse you!
http://www.johnlewis.com/Magazine/Feature.aspx?Id=2