Tea Party Hate

Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tea Party Hate

I was sent this extreme article from a Tea Party sympathizer. If this is mainstream we must be very frightened! http://www.westernjournalism.com/war-lets-face-facts/
Old Nov 10th 2013, 8:50 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea Party Hate

Originally Posted by Lenox
I was sent this extreme article from a Tea Party sympathizer. If this is mainstream we must be very frightened! http://www.westernjournalism.com/war-lets-face-facts/
Utterly bonkers, must be satire.

Anyway, anyone who says 'comprised of' needn't be taken too seriously...
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:23 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

the one statement that I can agree with is
We can no longer afford to compromise with those who seek the destruction of our way of life.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of the "greatest country in the world", this amused me.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=519391488155695
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:48 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
the one statement that I can agree with is

""We can no longer afford to compromise with those who seek the destruction of our way of life.""
I would agree up to a point, except.

Our way of life in W.Eu.is less than perfect, same as in the US as Ag's link suggests.

For sure none of those who oppose us at present have anything better to offer and should be resisted, yet the question arises is our way of life still improving as a result of today's materialistic developed society and generally improving living conditions, or are we now going backwards in some respects by turning into a world of uncaring robotic beings and losing sight of many of the things that should matter most ?
Many believe that the Chinese will soon be the totally dominant power Worldwide and eventually we will be little more than one of their colonies, in which case I would imagine that the above mentioned process will continue to be the order of the day, only more so and the Tea party for what it was ever worth, will be long forgotten.

For better or for worse in fifty or a hundred years time ?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're getting ever closer to the state of affairs described in this quote about the decline of the Roman Empire - some of the similarities between our situation today and then, particularly regarding taxation, are almost uncanny:-

"In contrast with the declining empire theories, historians such as Arnold J. Toynbee and James Burke argue that the Roman Empire itself was a rotten system from its inception, and that the entire Imperial era was one of steady decay of institutions founded in Republican times. In their view, the Empire could never have lasted longer than it did without radical reforms that no Emperor could implement. The Romans had no budgetary system and thus wasted whatever resources they had available. The economy of the Empire was a Raubwirtschaft or plunder economy based on looting existing resources rather than producing anything new. The Empire relied on riches from conquered territories (this source of revenue ending, of course, with the end of Roman territorial expansion) or on a pattern of tax collection that drove small-scale farmers into destitution (and onto a dole that required even more exactions upon those who could not escape taxation), or into dependency upon a landed élite exempt from taxation. With the cessation of tribute from conquered territories, the full cost of their military machine had to be borne by the citizenry.
An economy based upon slave labor precluded a middle class with buying power. The Roman Empire produced few exportable goods. Material innovation, whether through entrepreneurialism or technological advancement, all but ended long before the final dissolution of the Empire. Meanwhile the costs of military defense and the pomp of Emperors continued. Financial needs continued to increase, but the means of meeting them steadily eroded. In the end, due to economic failure, even the armor and weaponry of soldiers became so obsolete that the enemies of the Empire had better armor and weapons as well as larger forces. The decrepit social order offered so little to its subjects that many saw the barbarian invasion as liberation from onerous obligations to the ruling class."
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I think we're getting ever closer to the state of affairs described in this quote about the decline of the Roman Empire - some of the similarities between our situation today and then, particularly regarding taxation, are almost uncanny:-

"In contrast with the declining empire theories, historians such as Arnold J. Toynbee and James Burke argue that the Roman Empire itself was a rotten system from its inception, and that the entire Imperial era was one of steady decay of institutions founded in Republican times. In their view, the Empire could never have lasted longer than it did without radical reforms that no Emperor could implement. The Romans had no budgetary system and thus wasted whatever resources they had available. The economy of the Empire was a Raubwirtschaft or plunder economy based on looting existing resources rather than producing anything new. The Empire relied on riches from conquered territories (this source of revenue ending, of course, with the end of Roman territorial expansion) or on a pattern of tax collection that drove small-scale farmers into destitution (and onto a dole that required even more exactions upon those who could not escape taxation), or into dependency upon a landed élite exempt from taxation. With the cessation of tribute from conquered territories, the full cost of their military machine had to be borne by the citizenry.
An economy based upon slave labor precluded a middle class with buying power. The Roman Empire produced few exportable goods. Material innovation, whether through entrepreneurialism or technological advancement, all but ended long before the final dissolution of the Empire. Meanwhile the costs of military defense and the pomp of Emperors continued. Financial needs continued to increase, but the means of meeting them steadily eroded. In the end, due to economic failure, even the armor and weaponry of soldiers became so obsolete that the enemies of the Empire had better armor and weapons as well as larger forces. The decrepit social order offered so little to its subjects that many saw the barbarian invasion as liberation from onerous obligations to the ruling class."
Absolutely Lynn. It is nice to know that there is an educated mind on this forum

Europe and the US have for hundreds of years relied on the exploitation of foreign resources, much like the Roman empire. Once this modern form of colonialism ends (read liberal free market capitalism) then everything falls on its head and a new civilisation can be built
Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

When the West fails I wonder if the new orders will be providing the USA and UK with billions of aid like they have done

...and who first provided all the first slave labour to the West...why the Arabs of course There are old trading posts and slave caves all over Africa which were run by the Arabs
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

My son lives in Oklahoma, says he went to a huge gun show in Tulsa on Saturday. There were hillbillies, he said, there were women who seemed to know about guns, lots of hunters, but above all, there were Nazis. Swastikas, pictures of Adolf, memorabilia from the Second World War, the lot.
Perhaps they need to travel more... although not to Spain. Thanks!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
When the West fails I wonder if the new orders will be providing the USA and UK with billions of aid like they have done

...and who first provided all the first slave labour to the West...why the Arabs of course There are old trading posts and slave caves all over Africa which were run by the Arabs
My bet is that the next civilisation won't be run through a FIAT currency
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:28 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenox
My son lives in Oklahoma, says he went to a huge gun show in Tulsa on Saturday. There were hillbillies, he said, there were women who seemed to know about guns, lots of hunters, but above all, there were Nazis. Swastikas, pictures of Adolf, memorabilia from the Second World War, the lot.
Perhaps they need to travel more... although not to Spain. Thanks!

You never heard of all the Nazi groups in Spain Then there are the Franco facists!

Just one example.

http://www.thelocal.es/20130520/neo-...-bottle-attack
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

The rise of extremism always seems to happen when things aren't going well. Despite the US stock exchange doing well, your average American is not, and therefore Somebody Must Be To Blame.

It is quite difficult to get a job unless you have a marketable degree. If you have no tertiary education then most jobs pay little more than minimum wage. The good manufacturing jobs are gone. One in seven Americans are on food stamps even if employed because jobs paying barely $8 an hour can't even support one person. Since Citizens United, wealthy donors are able to give vast amounts of money to political campaigns and the government has become more corrupt.

You can rouse the uneducated tea party types to start blaming the poor, minorities and illegal immigrants. Because of course, those are the people with all the power.

Main stream republicans are secretly communists? That must be why they keep taking money away from the poor but continue to give tax breaks and "incentives" (read money) to the corporations.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 6:00 pm
Banned

Here we go...NEXT
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:34 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Here we go...NEXT
JLs legacy lives on................
Gone but not forgotten.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:43 pm
Banned

Sorry for the plagiarism...it's getting to be my party piece

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.