Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taxi's in Alicante Area

Taxi's in Alicante Area

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice
Default Taxi's in Alicante Area

I know that parts of Europe are notoriously bad when it comes to taxi's. I currently do not have a drivers licence and I will be travelling to Alicante in two weeks to look for some rental properties. I was planning on using a cab to get me from the airport to the hotel and then to get around town and view rental properties.

I was hoping to get some advice as to how reliable taxi services are in Alicante? Also how pricey they are? I was going to concentrate my search for rental properties around the El Campello area.

Also, as a side question, do letting agents drive you around in their car to see properties? In some counties it is customary for the agent to drive you and in others you drive yourself.

Last edited by NickFX; Feb 3rd 2012 at 3:59 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice
Default Re: Taxi's in Alicante Area

Anyone? I know it is somewhat of a silly question but I like to be prepared before I travel. When I flew into Rome I got 'taken for a ride' by dishonest cab drivers.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

linjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi NickFX,

There is a large taxi rank at Alicante airport, can't help with the price but it isn't far to Alicante City (15 minutes ish?), costs about 65 euros to Benidorm and that is about 45 minutes from the airport to give you a guide.

There is a regular bus service from the airport to Alicante city bus station and that I imagine is very cheap, as it is only just over 8 euros to Benidorm.

Dont know about using taxis to view properties as that may be expensive if using them constantly but without a car it will be difficult to view unless they are close to the beach front at El Campello, in which case you can probably walk from one to the other.

Agents do show you around AFAIK but our experience is of buying not renting and we followed in our own vehicle in case we wanted to make a quick exit!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

Bus C6 takes you from the airport into the city (last time I used it it was 1€).

Tram from the city takes you to El Campello (tram to Benidorm). Not sure how much but Benidorm to Alicante = 6€

maybe you can try staying in El Campello?

Can't help with taxi drivers or taxis as I do not use them. Also don't know about agents.

Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect, thanks for the info guys!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 5:54 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickFX
I know that parts of Europe are notoriously bad when it comes to taxi's. I currently do not have a drivers licence and I will be travelling to Alicante in two weeks to look for some rental properties. I was planning on using a cab to get me from the airport to the hotel and then to get around town and view rental properties.

I was hoping to get some advice as to how reliable taxi services are in Alicante? Also how pricey they are? I was going to concentrate my search for rental properties around the El Campello area.

Also, as a side question, do letting agents drive you around in their car to see properties? In some counties it is customary for the agent to drive you and in others you drive yourself.
Why dont you just hire a car
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

quote (I currently do not have a drivers licence )
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Why dont you just hire a car

I think that he gave you the reason.

Rosemary
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:10 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I think that he gave you the reason.

Rosemary
Didnt see that....
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:25 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Didnt see that....
Oh dear.. Mr clever cloggs seems to have an inability to read the posts properly. The funniest bit being that you seemed to be being very sarcastic in your reply and it has made you look even stupider.. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. I am actually creasing up at you..

Sorry 'bout that..

Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
Oh dear.. Mr clever cloggs seems to have an inability to read the posts properly. The funniest bit being that you seemed to be being very sarcastic in your reply and it has made you look even stupider.. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. I am actually creasing up at you..

Sorry 'bout that..

Yeh it was funny but I didn't want to say anything. JLFS hates me enough because he somehow thinks I called Spanish people 'backwards' in another thread.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I am just glad that I haven't heard horror stories about cab drivers. I wish I had asked before I travelled to Rome a few years back so I thought it was a good idea to ask before visiting Spain.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:46 am
Banned

Yeh it was funny but I didn't want to say anything. JLFS hates me enough because he somehow thinks I called Spanish people 'backwards' in another thread.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I am just glad that I haven't heard horror stories about cab drivers. I wish I had asked before I travelled to Rome a few years back so I thought it was a good idea to ask before visiting Spain.
How old are you exactly? it is just because you have posted such a childish remark, ie that I hate you. Are you sure that you are not an 11 year old girl

Dont flatter yourself, you could never drum up any stong emotion in me, you are no mark, a few random words on a screen, what a tit you are!!!!
as for HATE, dont make me laugh, ..........hate, like love is an emotion that I save for the poeple that actually mean something in my life,whereas you and LD are at the very worst, very very minor annoyances probably on the same scale as a "ladilla cojonera" in my book,

And I will tell you that I dont know any young, dynamic,forex traders (with an income that he can travel and work in any country of the world), that is so concerned about the price of taxis that they ask on a forum about the price.
Are the PIPS not going your way or what?

Talk about coming with an open mind, you already are convinced that the Alicante taxi drivers are ripoff merchants.....

Last edited by JLFS; Feb 6th 2012 at 6:52 am.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy

Sorry 'bout that..

And I am so distraught, I dont think I will ever get over it.......I was thinking of going to councelling, but I dont think I could confide in him/her.

I need closure so I can start to rebuild my life again.....
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

How old are you exactly? it is just because you have posted such a childish remark, ie that I hate you. Are you sure that you are not an 11 year old girl

Dont flatter yourself, you could never drum up any stong emotion in me, you are no mark, a few random words on a screen, what a tit you are!!!!
as for HATE, dont make me laugh, ..........hate, like love is an emotion that I save for the poeple that actually mean something in my life,whereas you and LD are at the very worst, very very minor annoyances probably on the same scale as a "ladilla cojonera" in my book,

And I will tell you that I dont know any young, dynamic,forex traders (with an income that he can travel and work in any country of the world), that is so concerned about the price of taxis that they ask on a forum about the price.
Are the PIPS not going your way or what?

Talk about coming with an open mind, you already are convinced that the Alicante taxi drivers are ripoff merchants.....
Damn I would hate to be you. You look at the worst possible side of everything and you take offence at everything. The very fact that you spend more than a minute replying to my posts means I am more than a 'minor annoyance'. If I were simply a minor annoyance you would not bother replying.

You don't know any young traders who are worried about taxi prices? Oh because when you earn a lot of money it is smart to just blow it on unnecessary purchases and services. Most people with money have it because they know how to keep it. Maybe I do not like being ripped off, so I like to research a city before I visit. In Rome I was driven around in circles and paid a 40 euro fare for what should be a 10 min cab ride. Even people with a lot of money don't like having their time wasted or being ripped off!

I am not convinced that Alicante taxi drivers are rip-off merchants..... if I was convinced I would not have asked. I was simply curious of this because of my experience in other European countries.

I do not understand why this forum is so aggressive. I have asked similar questions in some other forums and I had no tools popping up taking offence at everything.

Last edited by NickFX; Feb 6th 2012 at 9:44 am.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:39 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I do not understand why this forum is so aggressive. I have asked similar questions in some other forums and I had no tools popping up taking offence at everything.
I promise you that there are far more non-aggressive posters than aggressive ones. You have been unlucky with some of the responses you have received.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.