Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

taxi from Malaga to Marbella

taxi from Malaga to Marbella

Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:56 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default taxi from Malaga to Marbella

Hi guys

I've done a search, but can't see quite what I'm looking for ...

Can anyone help me with the approx cost for a taxi/transfer from Malaga airport to Marbella for 5 people in September? Will we have to get 2 taxis or are there 5 pax taxis available at the airport?

I'm going on a girlie weekend for my friend's 50th and we're just trying to work out our budget.

Thanks in advance
Sharon
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taxi from Malaga to Marbella

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi guys

Can anyone help me with the approx cost for a taxi/transfer from Malaga airport to Marbella for 5 people in September? Will we have to get 2 taxis or are there 5 pax taxis available at the airport?

I'm going on a girlie weekend for my friend's 50th and we're just trying to work out our budget.

Thanks in advance
Sharon
Have a look HERE scroll down and there are two companies where you can check prices, maybe cheaper to get a minibus than two taxis.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys

Thanks in advance
Sharon
we went by taxi from fuengrola to mijas costa and it cost us 15e, on the bus the same journey cost a 1e each. so you may be better getting the train from the airport at about 2e's each, the train ends at fuengrola, then get the bus which is over the road at fuengrola station to marbella and then see about a taxi or location to station, it is a regular run and may save you quite a bit of euro
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:21 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jay01
we went by taxi from fuengrola to mijas costa and it cost us 15e, on the bus the same journey cost a 1e each. so you may be better getting the train from the airport at about 2e's each, the train ends at fuengrola, then get the bus which is over the road at fuengrola station to marbella and then see about a taxi or location to station, it is a regular run and may save you quite a bit of euro
Thanks both. I am quite familiar with the route as we used to have a family property in Calahonda (before it got quite so big) but usually rented a car instead of taxi/public transport. I'll pass on all the info to my friends so we can make a decision.

have a good weekend - Sharon
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Thanks in advance
Sharon
Hi Sharon,

if it's for a weekend or long weekend it will be cheaper renting a car . Saves a bit on taxi's during the day also, maybe it's not for you but it actually might save you quite a bit and gives you a lot more freedom and room to move, it also helps with getting the shopping back to the villa.

Last edited by Econ; Jul 11th 2009 at 7:55 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

pauldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

GET A TRAIN OUT SIDE AIRPORT TO BENALMADENA THE COST IS 1 EURO 25 CENT, IN OUR MONEY 1.15 P SO CHEAP AND THEN GET A TAXI OR BUS .
BUS IS THE SAME AS THE TRAIN ,TO MARBELLA
DONT USE A TAXI IT WILL COST YOU ABOUT 150. EURO
145 IN OUR MONEY
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldawn
GET A TRAIN OUT SIDE AIRPORT TO BENALMADENA THE COST IS 1 EURO 25 CENT, IN OUR MONEY 1.15 P SO CHEAP AND THEN GET A TAXI OR BUS .
BUS IS THE SAME AS THE TRAIN ,TO MARBELLA
DONT USE A TAXI IT WILL COST YOU ABOUT 150. EURO
145 IN OUR MONEY
Maybe it`s your caps lock getting you mixed up ?
It`s easier to get the bus from Fuengirola (just across the road), but it is a little more than 1.25€`s our money (Spanish) to Marbella.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:12 am
!hola!

Originally Posted by Econ
Hi Sharon,

if it's for a weekend or long weekend it will be cheaper renting a car . Saves a bit on taxi's during the day also, maybe it's not for you but it actually might save you quite a bit and gives you a lot more freedom and room to move, it also helps with getting the shopping back to the villa.
I know it's cheaper to rent a car, but my friends won't drive so I end up being chauffeur. If I can persuade someone else to share the driving then a car is certainly the best option.

Sharon
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:57 am
!hola!

Have just returned from girlie weekend to Marbella and would just like to say thanks to jdr for recommending/pointing us in the direction of pre-bookable taxis (with 5 travelling we thought it best to book in advance) from the airport. We were met at the airport by a smartly dressed gentleman with our name on a board, transferred to the hotel and picked up absolutely bang on time for the return journey. Fab!

Sharon
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Out of curiosity, how much did they charge your group for a taxi return to the airport
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:06 am
Just Joined

pjmarbella is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry of this is a bit late in the day but this site seems to be quite good for taxi info http://www.airportinformationguide.c...port-taxis.php

My parents got a taxi from Malaga Airport to Malaga Centre last night and were charged 23 euros for the pleasure of a rather terrifying journey.

Please confirm prices before you take the taxi as you are far less likely to be ripped off.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pj-marbella
Sorry of this is a bit late in the day but this site seems to be quite good for taxi info http://www.airportinformationguide.c...port-taxis.php

My parents got a taxi from Malaga Airport to Malaga Centre last night and were charged 23 euros for the pleasure of a rather terrifying journey.

Please confirm prices before you take the taxi as you are far less likely to be ripped off.
Having used the taxes quite a bit around Malaga that price sounds about right to me, not a rip off at all
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:22 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Have just returned from girlie weekend to Marbella and would just like to say thanks to jdr for recommending/pointing us in the direction of pre-bookable taxis (with 5 travelling we thought it best to book in advance) from the airport. We were met at the airport by a smartly dressed gentleman with our name on a board, transferred to the hotel and picked up absolutely bang on time for the return journey. Fab!

Sharon
No problem, glad it worked out fine. ;-))

I didn`t hear you from here so you must of been fairly good girls. ;-) ;-)
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:24 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by cricketman
Having used the taxes quite a bit around Malaga that price sounds about right to me, not a rip off at all
I agree with you, Malaga City is an evil place to drive and the guy has to get back to the airport so I reckon that is a fair fare. ;-))
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:45 am
Just Joined

pjmarbella is an unknown quantity at this point

seems I was incorrect in assessment of prices...just seemed expensive for a relatively short journey but hey ho!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.