taxi

Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

1978wilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default taxi

hi im coming to spain for a break with my family at the end of august. i last came out a year ago due to being unemployed for 6 months, i have recently been told that prices of everything have shot up in recent months. does anyone know how much it would cost for a taxi from alicante airport to dehesa de campoamor? i did have a number for a man with a van but he wont reply to me and i think that this is because of the crack down on airport runs. i dont want to hire a car for £180 when im only going to use it for the airport. i would be greatfull for any help.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future
Default Re: taxi

Can we get rid of this ridiculous notion that prices in Spain have shot through the roof? The UK economy collapsed so the British blame the nasty Spanish for pushing up their prices, conveniently forgetting that their OWN currency tumbled almost to the point of parity. As far as am concerned, aside from inflation (which affects income as well), nothing has changed. A caña in my local costs roughly the same price as it did two years ago. In fact, my weekly shopping costs slightly LESS these days. Yes, tourists would appear to suffer because of the exchange rate but that has nothing to do with the Spanish. They should look at blaming their own government instead.

John C
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: taxi

Originally Posted by Xabiero
Can we get rid of this ridiculous notion that prices in Spain have shot through the roof? The UK economy collapsed so the British blame the nasty Spanish for pushing up their prices, conveniently forgetting that their OWN currency tumbled almost to the point of parity. As far as am concerned, aside from inflation (which affects income as well), nothing has changed. A caña in my local costs roughly the same price as it did two years ago. In fact, my weekly shopping costs slightly LESS these days. Yes, tourists would appear to suffer because of the exchange rate but that has nothing to do with the Spanish. They should look at blaming their own government instead.

John C
WELL SAID
If people are complaining about the "cost", for the most part it is because people were making money on an exchange rate.
If that was a reason to make for an easier life it is nothing more than a risk..

Gambling.

DSB.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:19 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

John C
so does my weekly shopping

& I pay less rent for a bigger, better apartment in the same area than I did 6 years ago!

I saw on the (spanish) news a couple of days ago that the cost of living has been falling for a few months now - didn't pay enough attention to give you the figures - but it would bear out my experience
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:53 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I know that the cost of a taxi from Alicante airport to Los Montesinos is around 55 Euros, so it would be more than that to Campoamor.

On the subject of prices going up, I know that supermarket prices have come down, but utilities like water and electric have shot up over the past year.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:10 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

John C
Good post, thank you!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

In answer to the cost of a Taxi. They have never been that cheap and if you are looking at 70+ ,each way, then a car may be cheaper.
Although I saw on the news that there is a shortage of hire cars in spain due to cutbacks.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

John C
Huuurrrrrrraahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

(I bet you no one agrees with you)
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Huuurrrrrrraahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

(I bet you no one agrees with you)
I did - See my post above also

DSB.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
I did - See my post above also

DSB.
Oops, sorry
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

thank you for the info i think some people may of read my post wrong, i never said the prices have gone up i stated that i was told but i apologize if i annoyed anyone. anyway spain is cheaper than uk by far for curtain things. and the weather is definitely better.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 1978wilson
thank you for the info i think some people may of read my post wrong, i never said the prices have gone up i stated that i was told but i apologize if i annoyed anyone. anyway spain is cheaper than uk by far for curtain things. and the weather is definitely better.
I wasn't intending to have a go at you personally and I apologise if it came across that way. ¡Lo siento mucho!

If you listened to some people, you would expect to arrive in Spain and find it to be as expensive as Tokyo or Monaco. The perception is purely exchange based and effects UK tourists and those who have a Sterling-based income, such as a pension. To these unfortunates, a caña that might have cost the equivalent of 80 pence last summer probably costs just over £1.00 this year. Or a decent lunch that once cost £5.50 now works out at nearly £7.00. However, to me and other people who earn an income in Spain, the costs really haven't changed that much. And, as I said earlier, some have actually fallen. Admittedly some people have been affected by a recent rise in utility bills (I don't appear to have done so, not excessively anyway, so maybe I've been lucky) but I still maintain that on the whole prices are no higher than they were a year ago. Or even two years ago.

As for the price of rental cars; there is obvious evidence that prices have been hiked this summer to compensate for a lesser numbers of tourists. To remain in business, these people still have to maintain and update their fleet irrespective of the economy and unfortunately this seems to have resulted higher rental prices. Yet there are still good deals to discover if you dig a little deeper ...

John C
Old Aug 21st 2009, 3:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't intending to have a go at you personally and I apologise if it came across that way. ¡Lo siento mucho!

If you listened to some people, you would expect to arrive in Spain and find it to be as expensive as Tokyo or Monaco. The perception is purely exchange based and effects UK tourists and those who have a Sterling-based income, such as a pension. To these unfortunates, a caña that might have cost the equivalent of 80 pence last summer probably costs just over £1.00 this year. Or a decent lunch that once cost £5.50 now works out at nearly £7.00. However, to me and other people who earn an income in Spain, the costs really haven't changed that much. And, as I said earlier, some have actually fallen. Admittedly some people have been affected by a recent rise in utility bills (I don't appear to have done so, not excessively anyway, so maybe I've been lucky) but I still maintain that on the whole prices are no higher than they were a year ago. Or even two years ago.

As for the price of rental cars; there is obvious evidence that prices have been hiked this summer to compensate for a lesser numbers of tourists. To remain in business, these people still have to maintain and update their fleet irrespective of the economy and unfortunately this seems to have resulted higher rental prices. Yet there are still good deals to discover if you dig a little deeper ...

John C
Not a lesser number of tourists, more a lesser number of cars available, so supply and demand forces the price up in some carhire places.
Remember what service you got this year when you think about hiring next year.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

any suggestions on digging deeper if anyone has any contacts for the area that we are going to i would be grateful. the cheapest hire car i have found is £160 + fuel for 8 days, a taxi is 80 euro each way. also what are the laws for child seats in spain and if i were to hire a car would i need my counterpart licence {paper part}
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1978wilson
any suggestions on digging deeper if anyone has any contacts for the area that we are going to i would be grateful. the cheapest hire car i have found is £160 + fuel for 8 days, a taxi is 80 euro each way. also what are the laws for child seats in spain and if i were to hire a car would i need my counterpart licence {paper part}
Child seats and booster seats for the bigger kids and in the back only.
You don`t need the paper part usually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.