Taxes in Spain

Old Jul 11th 2009, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

mgulatowscy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taxes in Spain

Hi
We are thinking about buying a property in spain. Can someone advice me, what taxes we need to pay and do you know someone who could do it for us? All help welcomed. Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxes in Spain

Originally Posted by mgulatowscy
Hi
We are thinking about buying a property in spain. Can someone advice me, what taxes we need to pay and do you know someone who could do it for us? All help welcomed. Thanks
Are you asking about the taxes that have to be paid when you buy a property or when you own the property?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Are you asking about the taxes that have to be paid when you buy a property or when you own the property?

When you own. We are almost up to date will all costs of buying, thanks
Old Jul 11th 2009, 3:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

When you own. We are almost up to date will all costs of buying, thanks
Welcome to the forum
You will need to be a little more specific

Where are you buying
Will you be resident here, or will it be a holiday home
Old Jul 11th 2009, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Welcome to the forum
You will need to be a little more specific

Where are you buying
Will you be resident here, or will it be a holiday home
Hi
It will be mainly our holiday home and maybe we will rent it from time to time to help us with the mortgage. We plan to buy in Alicante/Murcia area.

Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
It will be mainly our holiday home and maybe we will rent it from time to time to help us with the mortgage. We plan to buy in Alicante/Murcia area.

Thanks
Well if it was me I would pay a gestoria to do it if you are not here
You will pay IBI Property Tax, like council tax
And you have to pay tax on the property as if it was rented out. I do have the figures downstairs, if someone else doesnt post up first
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well if it was me I would pay a gestoria to do it if you are not here
You will pay IBI Property Tax, like council tax
And you have to pay tax on the property as if it was rented out. I do have the figures downstairs, if someone else doesnt post up first

Thank you for that. If you will find anythig else please let me know.
Gregory
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Great answer! Shame it's to a different question!!!!
Did you read the thread?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:26 pm
Senior Moment

Yes Mr Roach, it does help if you answer the question that has been asked rather than confuse the OP and the thread
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great answer! Shame it's to a different question!!!!
Did you read the thread?
Never mind the question! It was one of the best replies I've yet seen
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonboy
Never mind the question! It was one of the best replies I've yet seen
Maybe cos he has a vested interest?!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I could also do with advice re taxes payable when owning a property and the name of a local Gestor. We have a place in the Gandia area.

Regards

Jonboy
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe cos he has a vested interest?!
Ah Ha!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lol ! He also missed out the extra 0.5 % stamp duty on new builds!!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:42 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jonboy
I could also do with advice re taxes payable when owning a property and the name of a local Gestor. We have a place in the Gandia area.

Regards

Jonboy
I have an excellent Gestor in Gandia that several people on the forums use now
PM me if required

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.