Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taxes and Fines

Taxes and Fines

Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

mofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Taxes and Fines

Originally Posted by scampicat
Thank you so much Fred for your speedy, informative and re-assuring reply!

Should I take copies of deeds of both our houses and proof of my husband's Teachers' pension to the tax office? We earn no income in Spain.
We have just been to see our tax advisor. As your husband gets a teacher's pension like us this counts as a municpal pension and as such you don't have to declare it in Spain at all and you will always pay tax in England on it. We are now residents and as such have been told that we don't need to fill in any tax forms as we only have our property and our pensions. This was told to us by our fiscal tax representative who is charging us 114euros for the year. We can make other visits and there won't be any charge.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:01 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mofieldhouse
We have just been to see our tax advisor. As your husband gets a teacher's pension like us this counts as a municpal pension and as such you don't have to declare it in Spain at all and you will always pay tax in England on it. We are now residents and as such have been told that we don't need to fill in any tax forms as we only have our property and our pensions. This was told to us by our fiscal tax representative who is charging us 114euros for the year. We can make other visits and there won't be any charge.
You are quite right that you do not need to declare your government pension - as I previously said.

Why is your fiscal rep charging you 114 euoros for not filling in a tax declaration?

Next year you will have to fill in a declaration if your other income exceeds 1000 Euros. If you do not have any other income you don't need a fiscal rep - although they won't tell you that!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

mofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fred James
You are quite right that you do not need to declare your government pension - as I previously said.

Why is your fiscal rep charging you 114 euoros for not filling in a tax declaration?

Next year you will have to fill in a declaration if your other income exceeds 1000 Euros. If you do not have any other income you don't need a fiscal rep - although they won't tell you that!
We have some other things to take into consideration but they were not relevant to the thread so I didn't put them. We have been a couple of other times already and he has helped us sort things out.