Tax Return

Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:20 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Question Tax Return

Hi All,
I applied for my renta on line and got it in just on time, I have all the paperwork back which says I have a refund due, that was 15 days ago! They have my bank details etc, but tell me... do I have to go into the office to collect it or is it paid into my account, and how long does this usually take? It is the first time we have applied.
Thanks in advance
Jen
Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tax Return

It will be paid into your account. I had mine back within about three weeks.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:42 pm
jennydor

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
It will be paid into your account. I had mine back within about three weeks.
Is that from application date or when you received your forms back?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I used the form that is available online but I always print out the return and present it in the bank.

It took about three weeks from that date. The only thing I would say that this was early in May. Most people leave it until the last minute so it may take a little longer for you.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 11:19 pm
jennydor

I used the form that is available online but I always print out the return and present it in the bank.

It took about three weeks from that date. The only thing I would say that this was early in May. Most people leave it until the last minute so it may take a little longer for you.
Thanks for that! It was left till the last minute as I didnt know it had to be done, got a neighbour, whos an abogado to do it online for me, (just in time)
paid him and just waiting,
You said you took a copy to your bank... Do I have to do that too?? Does the bank ask for a copy?? does it benefit anything them having a copy? as you can tell Im new to all this
thanks jen
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

No, I take it to the bank instead of doing it online.

It doesn't have to be your own bank and they have no other part to play other than acting as agents for AEAT in this respect as they closed all of the cash desks within the AEAT in 2004.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:44 pm
jennydor

No, I take it to the bank instead of doing it online.

It doesn't have to be your own bank and they have no other part to play other than acting as agents for AEAT in this respect as they closed all of the cash desks within the AEAT in 2004.
Thanks for that, Next year Ill be more prepared and well in advance with the application, I guess I just have to wait, although I was told by someone it could be as late as September
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mine was from the tax office in Málaga but, here at least, the earlier you present it the quicker you get the refund.

I used to live in Almería and there it could take six months or more.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 4:58 pm
jennydor

Mine was from the tax office in Málaga but, here at least, the earlier you present it the quicker you get the refund.

I used to live in Almería and there it could take six months or more.
Wow, now im depressed
was hoping to get it sooner, got a holiday planned out haha,
will just keep an eye out on the ole account...
Thanks peeps