Reload this Page >

Taking the plunge

Taking the plunge

Old Mar 18th 2016, 7:44 am
Just Joined

glory66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking the plunge

Good morning
I am looking to move to lanzarote in two to three years time. I have lived in mainland Spain before and my partner has lived in France but just wanted to get some idea how a smaller island compares,apart from the obvious. We both love lanzarote for its laid back atmosphere and may not have to work if we can hang on for 3 years and be financially secure. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on playa blanca aversus Costa teguise
Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2016, 9:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking the plunge

Hi and welcome to BE. I will move your post into the Spain forum so that you gain the information that you are asking for.

Rosemary
Old Mar 18th 2016, 7:52 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

I live at the other end of the Archipelago, El Hierro, been here a number of years, life is good, no winters, no heating bills, summers without the raging heat, no air conditioning bills. If your choice is Lanzarote just go for it.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Blass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really nice

I have been to playa blanca and like it there. I haven't had the chance to go to costa teguise yet. The furthest we got was Arrecife.

Boseley what made you pick El Hierro over the other Canary Islands if you don't mind me asking We are looking at moving to Fuerteventura we did visit La Palma January a couple of years ago. It was beautiful.

If I make the move I will have to explore El Hierro.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 11:54 am
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

Here on El Hierro the tourist industry that arrived at the other larger islands passed us by, probably because there are no direct flights to and from Europe, plus the local government in past times actively discouraged the development of mass tourism,

Hence the island of El Hierro has retained its Canarian culture and charm, English is rarely spoken, there are only six or seven U.K. residents on the island. Crime is more or less unknown, the people are friendly beyond belief, the youths are polite and still respect their elders.

I first arrived in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, in 1962, I came from Trinidad on a Shell oil tanker, Gran Canaria would have been our first choice and we still love the island, was there last weekend to watch a certain football match, however in 1995 we discovered this island, the stunning views, the diversity of the countryside, peace and tranquility won us over, here is now home and here is where we belong.

Please do visit, the few tourists that do arrive are made very welcome, and quite a few return.

Link for our photos of the island

https://plus.google.com/photos/10955...217?banner=pwa
Old Mar 19th 2016, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Blass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really nice

Hi Boseley thanks for the link of the photos I will take a look. I know the exact game you on about lol I watched in on television. If you don't mind I might pm you about watching Las Palmas I was thinking about going over to watch them once a month. Get the ferry from morro jable and or flying over.

I will definitely pop over If I make the move fingers crossed.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 11:53 am
Herreño

Originally Posted by Blass
Hi Boseley thanks for the link of the photos I will take a look. I know the exact game you on about lol I watched in on television. If you don't mind I might pm you about watching Las Palmas I was thinking about going over to watch them once a month. Get the ferry from morro jable and or flying over.

I will definitely pop over If I make the move fingers crossed.
No I don't mind