Reload this Page >

Taking dog to Mijas Malaga

Taking dog to Mijas Malaga

Old Feb 6th 2015, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

ester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking dog to Mijas Malaga

Hi,

Myself and my partner are moving to mijas in mid June. We have just returned from a 10 day trip and did a lot of research during the course of the trip. We are planning to take our dog over and just wondered if dogs are allowed on public transport, buses for example. We will have a car, but it would be helpful to know whether taking the bus could be an option.

On the subject of dogs, we also went to look at a couple of kennels whilst we were over and were not completely happy with the facilities. I understand that they might not be the same standard as kennels here, but I would be grateful if anyone could let me know of any that may not be advertised online.

We will be moving in June so any further information regarding the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ester

Last edited by ester; Feb 6th 2015 at 4:13 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 6th 2015, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking dog to Mijas Malaga

I am not in your area therefore things may be different where you are going to be. As far as I have been able to find out no dogs on buses and only on middle distance trains IF no one objects.

On the subject of kennels I only found one that was registered, checked your dog chipped and up to date with all necessary inoculations and in good health. One that kept the dogs in 'their own' kennels not mixed with others or let 'enjoy' an owners home. They had insurance as well. I don't use kennels now and know that it is not easy to find legal good ones. I have heard too many stories of home run places where disaster has struck for one reason of an other. The worst was a beloved dog life lost because it was attacked by another in a free to run/live in the owners home situation.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

time4tea is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but no dogs are allowed on any public transport in Spain, unless they are registered guide dogs of course. A pain I know.

Correction... you can if its under 10kg and in a pet carrier but I'm sure that's not what you had in mind.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

ester is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. At least we know now. We will continue to keep an eye out for kennels when we are there, hopefully we stumble across one.