Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Take home pay Net vs Gross

Take home pay Net vs Gross

Old May 14th 2006, 10:03 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice
Default Take home pay Net vs Gross

I was just wondering as percentage of my gross should I expect to lose when I transfer to Spain. I've been offered a position in Madrid and I'm trying to figure out how much I will take home. My salary won't change much just that I will be paying Spanish instead of German taxes. Because I've been here already for 4 months I've got a good idea of the cost of living (almost as high as Germany!)

What I would like to know if I accept a permanent transfer I will be moving to the Spanish tax system and I need an idea of what my take home will be. One income and one dependent.

For example in Germany with one income and one dependant my wife's take home pay is 68% of her gross.

Quick back of envelope calculations tell me that it will drop to 60% of the gross, enough of a drop to make me reconsider the move.

As a percentage what is your take home to net and is your wage on the low middle or high side.

Thanks Rob
Old May 15th 2006, 1:59 pm
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of
Default Re: Take home pay Net vs Gross

This might help

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=tax
Old May 16th 2006, 9:16 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice
Default Re: Take home pay Net vs Gross

Originally Posted by BritBull

thanks, here's my reply

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=11