Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tablets on prescription

Tablets on prescription

Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:37 am
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tablets on prescription

When I came out to Spain for 3 months I asked my doctor for a 3 month prescrip. which he did. If you want it for longer get a friend to put in a request on your behalf, collect from chemist and send the medication to you.
Enjoy the sunny weather.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisymay
When I came out to Spain for 3 months I asked my doctor for a 3 month prescrip. which he did. If you want it for longer get a friend to put in a request on your behalf, collect from chemist and send the medication to you.
Enjoy the sunny weather.
Unless you are a medical practitioner and sending emergency drugs, then it is against the law to send drugs through the post. HERE
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Unless you are a medical practitioner and sending emergency drugs, then it is against the law to send drugs through the post. HERE
It may be against the law, but it happens all the time ...
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
... and lots of GPs are accommodating about supplying sufficient medication for an extended stay anyway (my husband's parents obtained sufficient blood pressure medication for a round the world voyage lasting two years!)
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:37 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

My sister-in-law spends around six months in Spain and six months in the UK She doesn’t count the exact days, doesn’t have residencia and comes over with an EHIC, for emergencies.

She’s on repeat prescriptions from the UK and goes to a Spanish doctor after three months in Spain and gets prescriptions for another three months here. She can’t get the medicines from a Farmacia without a prescription.

The Spanish doctor who deals with her as a private patient also insists on a blood test and charges her 50 Euros for both the test and the prescriptions.

When she gets to pension age, she’s going to count the days and if over 183 she’ll get on the Spanish system. She already got to over 183 days once and was worried sick in case they came knocking on her door.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:39 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
When I needed more tablets for blood pressure I did exactly as you said and went to the farmacia but was told to get a prescription from the doctor as they could not supply my drugs without one. So I guess it very much depends on what tablets she is on as to whether she will be able to buy them over the counter or not.

Rosemary
I also was unable to get blood pressure tablets without a prescription.

However, my husband has got antidepressants without a prescription.

We are now both covered on an E121 so get them free on prescription anyway.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Actually, her best bet is to go to a pharmacy with an old packet of the required medicine and ask for the same again.

I have yet to find a Pharmacist that will not do this for any sort of medicine (even an epipen for adrenaline - sting allergy).

<<By-the-way, I guess you mean the EHIC card as there is no such thing as an E111 any more - these are for emergencies only which a repeat prescription isn't.>>
The OH is on regular medication but he could not be bothered to go the doctor to get a prescription. So when I went into town I visited the pharmacia and they were quite happy to give me the meds - for 97 euros. Needless to say I sent him to see the doctor for a prescription.