Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Swine Flu Vaccination

Swine Flu Vaccination

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swine Flu Vaccination

I have been reading in our local paper about the Swine Flu vaccination. On 1st September there is a meeting to be held by the health officials concerning the vaccination of all children aged between 3 and 14 years. There are 300,000 jabs for the kids in this age group. They have said in the newspaper that the schools are still on course to reopen after the summer break on 10 September for primary school and 17 September for secondary school. I know you cannot predict what is going to happen at this meeting but my feel of it is that they are planning to innoculate all children before they return to school.

Does anyone else have concerns about this mass vaccination of children. I must admit I do have worries about a new vaccine being used on my kids. If you catch swine flu and have underlying health problems then I believe there is a danger, but my children are all in good health so why the need to have this jab.

Do you think if I refuse the jab for my children they will not be allowed to go back to school? Are there any other areas of Spain taking this route?
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swine Flu Vaccination

Originally Posted by battlezone123
I have been reading in our local paper about the Swine Flu vaccination. On 1st September there is a meeting to be held by the health officials concerning the vaccination of all children aged between 3 and 14 years. There are 300,000 jabs for the kids in this age group. They have said in the newspaper that the schools are still on course to reopen after the summer break on 10 September for primary school and 17 September for secondary school. I know you cannot predict what is going to happen at this meeting but my feel of it is that they are planning to innoculate all children before they return to school.

Does anyone else have concerns about this mass vaccination of children. I must admit I do have worries about a new vaccine being used on my kids. If you catch swine flu and have underlying health problems then I believe there is a danger, but my children are all in good health so why the need to have this jab.

Do you think if I refuse the jab for my children they will not be allowed to go back to school? Are there any other areas of Spain taking this route?

Do you have information about what vaccination they are proposing? If it's strictly against H1N1? If not, and it's a generic antiviral like Tamiflu, it's not supposed to be used (as I understand it) unless you start to display symptoms - and even then it's not of any specific relevance to Swine Flu. Plus, of course, Tamiflu is reported as having dodgy side-effects for kids.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:33 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Theres absolutely no way that I'd let either of my children or any of my family have that jab, NO WAY! its apparently only 25% effective at best and even then, if you're gonna get swine flu badly you still will!!!! Its also documented that the jab can produce side effects that are worse than the flu itself and quite frankly your body should be allowed to meet and become immune to these viruses by itself or you'll never build up any natural immunity to anything. Whoi knows what other toxic chemicals are in these jabs anyway????

In my opinion its just one more way that the pharmaceutical industry can fleece the NHS and eurpean equivelants

Jo xxx
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

None of my 5 children have been inoculated for anything, which upset the UK medical profession greatly.
What I really don't understand is that they say that they are going to do it because this winter swine flu will become a pandemic.
This is purely speculation on their parts and given that all the speculation so far has been a wee over dramatic I'll take my chances with mother nature.
I trust her far more than "experts".
However you have a good point about whether the kids will be allowed to go school if they haven't.

Last edited by twistedmelon; Aug 22nd 2009 at 3:50 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:19 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a question to ask at the school?
We have read that persons over a certain age will have been in contact with a variant of the flu sometime in their live. These folks have got some anti bacteria so we seemly do not need jabs.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Do you have information about what vaccination they are proposing? If it's strictly against H1N1? If not, and it's a generic antiviral like Tamiflu, it's not supposed to be used (as I understand it) unless you start to display symptoms - and even then it's not of any specific relevance to Swine Flu. Plus, of course, Tamiflu is reported as having dodgy side-effects for kids.
It is definitely the vaccine against H1N1 and not tamiflu.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
None of my 5 children have been inoculated for anything, which upset the UK medical profession greatly.
What I really don't understand is that they say that they are going to do it because this winter swine flu will become a pandemic.
This is purely speculation on their parts and given that all the speculation so far has been a wee over dramatic I'll take my chances with mother nature.
I trust her far more than "experts".
However you have a good point about whether the kids will be allowed to go school if they haven't.
I am glad that someone is thinking like I am. I would rather let nature take its course. What I do not understand is why is it only Galicia at the moment with this stance on the flu.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen it on our local news too - I thought it was a national plan

I'm not too keen on them having the jab, either, & am hoping we can opt out

from all I've read this flu is generally fatal/dangerous only if there is some other compromise to health
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 5:07 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

[QUOTE=battlezone123;7866931]

[/QUOTE

Listening to local radio the other night they are starting vaccinations here in a few weeks. The woman on the radio was saying they will be vaccinating the whole Island population - I do not bloody well think so. There is 4 in this family who will definitly not be jabbed. We are all healthy and able to cope with flu.

When we moved here - my daughter who was then 4 was called to the quacks for a checkup, they said she was ready for her next MMR jab, I stated she had never had one before because I had refused it - they called me a silly mother who had forgotten her childs vaccinations - when I asked for the records sent from our Doctors south it had been signed by "A Nurse".
Is this not Drs. falsifying information to the Government on the uptake of vaccinations?

Last edited by CLR; Aug 22nd 2009 at 5:09 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:03 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone know anyone in Spain who has been treated for Gripe A? (swine flu)

I'm wondering if they are dishing out tamiflu or paracetamol & rest
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

It is definitely the vaccine against H1N1 and not tamiflu.
Something strange here, as the new vaccine (against swine flu) does not yet exist and most forecasts talk of October at the earliest.
iant
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:41 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by iant
Something strange here, as the new vaccine (against swine flu) does not yet exist and most forecasts talk of October at the earliest.
iant
this just one reason I'm hedging about letting my kids be jabbed
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iant
iant

That was my understanding, hence my earlier question. What was being said about this mass vaccination specifically? The OP obviously took it to mean vaccination against H1N1 so either it was misleading or the Spanish have a march on the rest of the world....
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future

I wouldn't touch a so-called swine flu vaccination with a very, very long barge pole attached to another very, very long barge pole, let alone exposing it to kids! It hasn't been sufficiently tested and its short- and long-term effects are unknown, especially on children.

More people across the world have DIED from this supposed vaccination than the actual virus it is supposed to protect against. There is evidence that the vaccination could actually trigger the brain disorder Guillain-Barre Syndrome which attacks the nervous system causing paralysis and breathing difficulties, often fatally. It has been withdrawn in the United States after 500 cases of GBS were detected. A previous immunisation programme in the Seventies against a previous swine flu outbreak was halted when it became apparent that, out of the 40 million who had been vaccinated, one in 80,000 people had come down with GBS. In contrast, just one person died of swine flu.

The human body is a wonderful thing. In the vast majority of cases it will adapt and survive. There's no real ned to pump it full of dangerous cocktails of untested drugs ...

John C
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:30 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Default leaflet from school

we got a leaflet sent home from school last week - the info in it is all from this website

http://www.antelagripeactua.gva.es/es/

basically - they are treating it more or less as normal seasonal flu, with the caveat that there are more 'risk groups'

it looks like our kids won't have to be vaccinated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.