Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

swimming pool permission..problem?

swimming pool permission..problem?

Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

hallega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default swimming pool permission..problem?

I've gone off buying the property in Calpe..too many problems with it, and thanks to everyone for their advice, I've taken it all in.
The new property doesn't have a swimming pool, it's near sayalonga, is it a big problem asking for permission, I've been told to have a spa/swim, not too sure about it, not the same as a proper swimming pool is it? apparently you don't need permission for this, I suppose because it isn't in the ground.
Has anyone asked for permission in this area, and did you have any problems getting it?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:59 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: swimming pool permission..problem?

Originally Posted by hallega
I've gone off buying the property in Calpe..too many problems with it, and thanks to everyone for their advice, I've taken it all in.
The new property doesn't have a swimming pool, it's near sayalonga, is it a big problem asking for permission, I've been told to have a spa/swim, not too sure about it, not the same as a proper swimming pool is it? apparently you don't need permission for this, I suppose because it isn't in the ground.
Has anyone asked for permission in this area, and did you have any problems getting it?
The problem is not in the asking but getting the consent. I don't know about your area specifically but here, I know of two families that submitted plans and had them rejected. They went ahead anyway and, as yet, have not been found out.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

hallega is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been told that you could ask for a water deposit, or a swim spa which doesn't need permission, although I suspect that this should not be built in ground. I've been looking on the web and there are some quite big swim spas.
Also I believe that people build them and then get a fine, but I'd rather not do that, and with Google earth, no-one is safe from big brother watching!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:02 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I have my own pool at home however last year when Mrs P and myself had a little break in Puerto Banus found our 5 star hotel pool rather overrun with our towel bearing German friends.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: swimming pool permission..problem?

I've been told that you could ask for a water deposit, or a swim spa which doesn't need permission, although I suspect that this should not be built in ground. I've been looking on the web and there are some quite big swim spas.
Also I believe that people build them and then get a fine, but I'd rather not do that, and with Google earth, no-one is safe from big brother watching!
Some areas are not granting pools because of the water shortage in summer. Now if you propsed to build a water deposit (cisten) to capture all your roof water in winter to water the garden in summer they may just accept that.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

People have been fined and made to reinstate the ground back to original. ouch.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:26 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

poshnbucks you think a 5 star hotel would reserve pool side sun decks for them prices ...... where the pool in that photo ?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:28 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
People have been fined and made to reinstate the ground back to original. ouch.
my new under ground car park are sorry aquarium park
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

I think in Calpe it is illegal to fill a pool from the main water supply & you have to get it trucked in. A mains supplied pool fill is c 30e a bit further north compared to 450e for a truckfull.

Councils are short of cash so will fine you if caught with anything illegal, they fly over & log any new builds.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:48 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jurdyr
poshnbucks you think a 5 star hotel would reserve pool side sun decks for them prices ...... where the pool in that photo ?

You know me I find em and then................... Copy n Paste em I'm Famous for it....But I think the photo was taken at the youvillenjoyurself Hotel. Berlin....But if you look very close you may spot a rather large number of our Nikon Camera Friends as it was Japan.18-30 club........Ya Ya Ya .......

Last edited by poshnbucks; Mar 26th 2009 at 11:54 am.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
You know me I find em and then................... Copy n Paste em I'm Famous for it....But I think the photo was taken at the youvillenjoyurself Hotel. Berlin....But if you look very close you may spot a rather large number of our Nikon Camera Friends as it was Japan.18-30 club........Ya Ya Ya .......
lol, there is still more room for a couple before they turn the wave machine on.