British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Surely there MUST be a lady in the same boat? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/surely-there-must-lady-same-boat-456086/)

joyce2003 Jun 5th 2007 11:37 pm

Surely there MUST be a lady in the same boat?

I would love to sell up and move to spain but prefer to know at least one person over there. Anyone in the same boat? Im 55 divorced lady ready to move on. Im certain there must be ladies out there in a similar situation, would love to hear from you. Emails welcome, click on my username.

Sugarlugs Jun 6th 2007 10:09 am

Re: Surely there MUST be a lady in the same boat?

Hi Joyce, where are you thinking of moving to in Spain,
I,m not in the same boat as you I have a partner who is moving to Spain with me but if you say where you are going, I,m sure there are lots of other people from this site in your particular area or nearby and even if they are in couples we are all pretty friendly on here and would take you under our wing.
But I admire your courage every credit to you, go for it girl.

jean1947 Jun 6th 2007 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by joyce2003 (Post 4877625)
I would love to sell up and move to spain but prefer to know at least one person over there. Anyone in the same boat? Im 55 divorced lady ready to move on. Im certain there must be ladies out there in a similar situation, would love to hear from you. Emails welcome, click on my username.

Hello Joyce I am in the same boat! How can we get in touch with each other, I live in London Borough of Lewisham, 60 yrs old, retired, am originally from Jamaica living in England since 1969.
Jean Smith

leighbloke Jun 6th 2007 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by jean1947 (Post 4882197)
Hello Joyce I am in the same boat! How can we get in touch with each other, I live in London Borough of Lewisham, 60 yrs old, retired, am originally from Jamaica living in England since 1969.
Jean Smith

First it would seem you need to make afew more posts - just say thanks to me three times should do it!
Then click on Joyce's name in the top left of her post and click on the send private message option in the menu that will appear.
and send her a note maybe with your e-mail?
Good luck
LB

jean1947 Jun 6th 2007 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by leighbloke (Post 4882242)
First it would seem you need to make afew more posts - just say thanks to me three times should do it!
Then click on Joyce's name in the top left of her post and click on the send private message option in the menu that will appear.
and send her a note maybe with your e-mail?
Good luck
LB

Thank you Leighbloke

crispy Jun 6th 2007 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by jean1947 (Post 4882197)
Jean Smith

Hi Jean1947

Welcome to BE, do as leighbloke says and you will soon be an experience BE user. Just click on any old thread here in Spain and chat away, ask any questions you want and someone will be along to help you.

MAKSN Jun 7th 2007 5:38 am

Welcome to the same boat I am in the middle of relocating to Spain if you like send me a pm. :confused:

jean1947 Jun 7th 2007 7:57 am

Originally Posted by MAKSN (Post 4883134)
Welcome to the same boat I am in the middle of relocating to Spain if you like send me a pm. :confused:

When I qualify to send then I will need some more posts

Rosemary Jun 7th 2007 8:49 am

Originally Posted by jean1947 (Post 4883455)
When I qualify to send then I will need some more posts

Make more posts so be able to PM people. So how is the 1947 part of your name relevant.

Rosemary

brisca Jun 7th 2007 8:56 am

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 4883646)
Make more posts so be able to PM people. So how is the 1947 part of your name relevant.

Rosemary

I know you're trying to help Jean achieve her qualification for PMs Rosemary, but I think that from Jean's introduction, 1947 might be the year she was born?? ;)

Anyway, Jean can still reply to either of us (or both!) and then she'll be able to PM! :thumbup:

I like trying to work out why people have particular user names. I think it must be the cyber equivalent to people watching (one of my favourite pastimes! :o)

Dare I ask about "The Oddities!!??" :D

Love Sam x

jean1947 Jun 7th 2007 9:03 am

My date of birth is 21 Jan 1947, do I qualify for PM as yet?

Pam Sarky Jun 7th 2007 9:07 am

Originally Posted by brisca (Post 4883664)
I know you're trying to help Jean achieve her qualification for PMs Rosemary, but I think that from Jean's introduction, 1947 might be the year she was born?? ;)

Anyway, Jean can still reply to either of us (or both!) and then she'll be able to PM! :thumbup:

I like trying to work out why people have particular user names. I think it must be the cyber equivalent to people watching (one of my favourite pastimes! :o)

Dare I ask about "The Oddities!!??" :D

Love Sam x

Hi Sam,

Perhaps that would be a good thread to start, about how you decided on your user name?

I got you pm you really do have a beautiful way of wording what you say. I will reply when I come back from taking hubby to the airport.

Sam x

brisca Jun 7th 2007 9:14 am

Originally Posted by sam parky (Post 4883719)
Hi Sam,

Perhaps that would be a good thread to start, about how you decided on your user name?

I got you pm you really do have a beautiful way of wording what you say. I will reply when I come back from taking hubby to the airport.

Sam x

Aah bless :o

Thanks Sam.
Safe journey to you and hubby.
Did I tell you my O/H went away yesterday? Three weeks in the UK :(
(Not that I want to be in the UK, you understand! Just sad he'll be away for so long)
How about your hubby? Not going for such a long time, I hope?

Take care, and chat soon :wub:
Sam x

brisca Jun 7th 2007 9:17 am

Originally Posted by jean1947 (Post 4883690)
My date of birth is 21 Jan 1947, do I qualify for PM as yet?

Yes, I'm sure you do now Jean! ;)

You have to make 3 posts to qualify, I believe?

Good luck making contact with Joyce (although I don't know whether she's qualified to PM yet!??) :unsure:

Pam Sarky Jun 7th 2007 9:18 am

Originally Posted by brisca (Post 4883738)
Aah bless :o

Thanks Sam.
Safe journey to you and hubby.
Did I tell you my O/H went away yesterday? Three weeks in the UK :(
(Not that I want to be in the UK, you understand! Just sad he'll be away for so long)
How about your hubby? Not going for such a long time, I hope?

Take care, and chat soon :wub:
Sam x

He´s only going for 3 days so not too long. He goes back to the Uk every 4 - 5 weeks to see his mum.