Support

Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice
Default Support

Hi Everyone

Hubby is off to Gandia/Oliva region on 23rd september, house has still not sold so thinking of packing up essentials and going over leaving house to sell, very worried about kids settling in they are 15,14,10,3 and 2 anybody already out there got kids that my children could be in contact with, feel very up in the air with everything at the moment, just need some people already out there to remind me this is a good thing we are doing

Thanks

Amber
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:29 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Support

Hi Amber & jason, my initail thoughts were when i read your post were when i saw the ages of the children and how many!! You will find lots of help on this site and there are quite a few members in that area. There is lots of helpful advice in the free beer threads, so do have a read but i am sure you will be inundated with replies, good luck with everything.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I live in Oliva but no kids I'm afraid here so cant help there but dont hesitate to ask for practical help on the area

Mrs Eddy has kids of school age in Oliva, but shes not been on here a lot of recent

The Gandia Social Club meets just outside Oliva at Viva Espana Restaurant every Thursday which is a group of ex pats ... let me know if you want details
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:17 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Hi!!
God you are brave!! I'm panicking and i'm only taking one of mine!
We are hopefully going to the area too, as soon as house is sold, its a really lovely area, its got everything, sun, sea, countryside and city, fab for kids , my 8 year old can't wait to go, and i know it will be a wonderful life for him, and indeed for us!
Would be happy to make contact when we are therem, I know your area I used to live in Shinfield near Reading, and Wokingham!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hi

I live in Oliva but no kids I'm afraid here so cant help there but dont hesitate to ask for practical help on the area

Mrs Eddy has kids of school age in Oliva, but shes not been on here a lot of recent

The Gandia Social Club meets just outside Oliva at Viva Espana Restaurant every Thursday which is a group of ex pats ... let me know if you want details
Hi Mitzyboy

That would be great if you could give me details of social club, I think we have come to the conclusion that me and the kids should leave house and come over, we are going to rent to start with and from what I have seen most places are fully furnished so most of our stuff could stay in house then it would still look like a home, at least our family would be together that way.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by silverchick
Hi!!
God you are brave!! I'm panicking and i'm only taking one of mine!
We are hopefully going to the area too, as soon as house is sold, its a really lovely area, its got everything, sun, sea, countryside and city, fab for kids , my 8 year old can't wait to go, and i know it will be a wonderful life for him, and indeed for us!
Would be happy to make contact when we are therem, I know your area I used to live in Shinfield near Reading, and Wokingham!
Hi Silverchick

I sent an e-mail to you earlier regarding schools as you are going to the area we are it would be good to stay in contact.

Thanks for your reply

Amber
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amberandjason
Hi Mitzyboy

That would be great if you could give me details of social club, I think we have come to the conclusion that me and the kids should leave house and come over, we are going to rent to start with and from what I have seen most places are fully furnished so most of our stuff could stay in house then it would still look like a home, at least our family would be together that way.
Ill have to give it to you when I get back to Spain, spending time in the UK at mom ... if I forget, then remind me
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ill have to give it to you when I get back to Spain, spending time in the UK at mom ... if I forget, then remind me
Ok that's great, while you are on here can you answer these questions for me do you get broadband at a resonable price in spain and is having sky expensive, I am all for the spanish way of life but cannot miss my Holby City and hubby has just reminded me he will miss Match of The Day.

Thanks

Amber
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:27 pm
Senior Moment

Ok that's great, while you are on here can you answer these questions for me do you get broadband at a resonable price in spain and is having sky expensive, I am all for the spanish way of life but cannot miss my Holby City and hubby has just reminded me he will miss Match of The Day.

Thanks

Amber
There are a few to choose from, but to be honest to start with I'd go with Telefonica although they aren't cheap .... we pay about 60 euros a month for the adsl and the phone line.

Some of the providors around here will promise you the earth, but not be able to deliver
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I am a little familiar with the area, having a holiday place in Denia. My son is 17 and is never short of things to do in Denia.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by montgomail
I am a little familiar with the area, having a holiday place in Denia. My son is 17 and is never short of things to do in Denia.
Would he like to live there though
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:05 pm
Senior Moment

Denias a nice place, but I'd have to live outside the town ..... its too busy
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thinking of living out of town a bit as we would get better value on a property that way.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as you know, I live on the outskirts of town half way up a hill. Although the OH disputes that.

It is busy. I think that's what I like about it - always something going on and we are within walking distance.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:15 pm
Senior Moment

Thinking of living out of town a bit as we would get better value on a property that way.

Not necessarily true ... are you moving to Gandia, Oliva or Denia then? If its denia you need to talk to Montgomail as she knows the score there. Oliva for myself and Spain for Gandia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.