Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Opening Time

Supermarket Opening Time

Old Oct 6th 2012, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Supermarket Opening Time

I have some friends arriving late Saturday - no provisions in house.
Which supermarts are open on Sunday in Ayamonte/VRSA areas.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Opening Time

None in Ayamonte that I know of.

For anyone who used to use the Supersol near the Ferry Port Ayamonte, it has closed. I used it when I came in June but on return in Sept. it had closed.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

Sol Marina, by the parking next to Lotta Square, is opened on Sundays, but i am not sure in the afternon. Pingo Doce in VRSA opens on Sundays too.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We always use Pingo Doce in VRSA on Sundays (and Good Fridays) but I think most supermarkets that side of the river would be open
Old Oct 6th 2012, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
None in Ayamonte that I know of.

For anyone who used to use the Supersol near the Ferry Port Ayamonte, it has closed. I used it when I came in June but on return in Sept. it had closed.
That's because it relocated to the old Eroski store just past the zoo. Bryony
Old Oct 6th 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

They were both open when I came in June, so how long has the one by The Ayamonte Hotel Center been open ? it does not look new.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Supermarket Opening Time

They were both open when I came in June, so how long has the one by The Ayamonte Hotel Center been open ? it does not look new.
About 10 months they moved in after Eroski moved out when they were going to be the anchor store in the Esuri shopping center. Maybe next year!
Old Oct 7th 2012, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I must be a bit dense this morning then :-) or just the normal confused.com

If the Supersol beside the hotel opened 10 months ago and the one near the ferry just closed they can't have been one and the same Supersol. If you re locate you move lock stock and barrel. Not that it really matters other than I prefer Supersol to El Jamon esp the one nearest me .... needs a blooming clean ALL over. Puts me kinda off going in.

Anyway sorry to the orginal poster for taking the thread off topic and I hope they finds some groceries today.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

If the Supersol beside the hotel opened 10 months ago and the one near the ferry just closed they can't have been one and the same Supersol. If you re locate you move lock stock and barrel. Not that it really matters other than I prefer Supersol to El Jamon esp the one nearest me .... needs a blooming clean ALL over. Puts me kinda off going in.

Anyway sorry to the orginal poster for taking the thread off topic and I hope they finds some groceries today.
Yes I was puzzled but they did keep the one by the ferry open for several months after they followed Eroski at the Don Diago site.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:57 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Whats weird for me is that there is another Supersol opposite the hotel, (I suppose its still there) so they are competing with themselves! They are probably 50 yards max apart

Jon
Old Oct 7th 2012, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Whats weird for me is that there is another Supersol opposite the hotel, (I suppose its still there) so they are competing with themselves! They are probably 50 yards max apart

Jon
Just checked on the way home from church and yes it is closed and a sign up saying Locale for rent. I have said before that Ayamonte is overshopped and it really does show now. Half or more of La Plaza is empty and lots of Locales under apartment blocks have never had a tenant, lots of empty shops in the town center.

Most amazing of all the new block of apartments at the end of the fish dock which took for ever to complete is now ready and the ground floor shops are one big luxury kitchen showroom. It just isn't real the biggest constuction downturn in Spanish history with practically no house sales of new or secondhand property and they open a new kitchen showroom fit for Sloan Square in London.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was disappointed when I saw what it was I thought it was going be Columbian furniture ...where I got that idea from no se