SunPay Going

Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default SunPay Going

I see that Sunpay is closing at the end of December which is a shame I found it a very good and easy system for transfering cash. In fact in Feb I was planning to use it for my monthly mortgage payments as at the minute only seem to be getting more or less tourist rates.
Bob
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SunPay Going

Originally Posted by bobd22
I see that Sunpay is closing at the end of December which is a shame I found it a very good and easy system for transfering cash. In fact in Feb I was planning to use it for my monthly mortgage payments as at the minute only seem to be getting more or less tourist rates.
Bob
Yep, due to difficulties with money laundering beaurocracy apparantly
I've changed to Currencies direct by d/d, where there are no charges and hopefully a decent r/ex
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yep, due to difficulties with money laundering beaurocracy apparantly
I've changed to Currencies direct by d/d, where there are no charges and hopefully a decent r/ex
Only "no charge" if you send more than £5000 in any one transaction, otherwise it is £5 per transaction. I have been using Currencies Direct with d/d for about 5 years and although they started out with no charge, that changed about 2 years ago. They always give a fairly decent exchange rate though and I have never had a problem with them.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
Only "no charge" if you send more than £5000 in any one transaction, otherwise it is £5 per transaction. I have been using Currencies Direct with d/d for about 5 years and although they started out with no charge, that changed about 2 years ago. They always give a fairly decent exchange rate though and I have never had a problem with them.
I hope you're wrong, because I went to them because they told me there would be no charge if I was on d/d for a regular pension type figure every month. That was in August, but I have only just done the first transaction this week
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I hope you're wrong, because I went to them because they told me there would be no charge if I was on d/d for a regular pension type figure every month. That was in August, but I have only just done the first transaction this week
See attached:

http://www.currenciesdirect.com/uk/p...12PP_HI_SP.pdf

Page 4, small print under last paragraph (*free transfers over £5,000)!

They do NOT charge commission on any amount less than £5000, but DO charge a transfer fee (of £5)
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
See attached:

http://www.currenciesdirect.com/uk/p...12PP_HI_SP.pdf

Page 4, small print under last paragraph (*free transfers over £5,000)!

They do NOT charge commission on any amount less than £5000, but DO charge a transfer fee (of £5)
The way that reads to me is for a one of transfer to me it reads that regular payments by dd would be free if over £150 a month. I was also looking at them for next year. I was also considering this one exchange4free.co.uk any one any used them?
Bob
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobd22
The way that reads to me is for a one of transfer to me it reads that regular payments by dd would be free if over £150 a month. I was also looking at them for next year. I was also considering this one exchange4free.co.uk any one any used them?
Bob
I agree and thats the way it reads to me also (carefully worded and I suspect the way they want it to read). But believe me (I use them) there is a £5 transfer fee for any amount less than £5000. That said, they are pretty good with their exchange rates and I have never had a problem with them.