British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Summary justice hee hee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/summary-justice-hee-hee-579369/)

poshnbucks Dec 19th 2008 2:55 pm

Summary justice hee hee

Members of the Guardia Civil in Castellón yesterday afternoon detained a farmer, who, on discovering that three men were stealing artichokes from his field, went for his shotgun and fired at them, wounding one of the thieves slightly in the shoulder.

The 20-year-old who received the buckshot, and whose condition is not at all life-threatening, will - along with his companions - be charged with theft.

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain...eggie-burglars

DENISE WALTERS Dec 19th 2008 4:36 pm

Re: Summary justice hee hee

GOOD in UK the farmer would be jailed

Lionda Dec 19th 2008 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 7082595)
Members of the Guardia Civil in Castellón yesterday afternoon detained a farmer, who, on discovering that three men were stealing artichokes from his field, went for his shotgun and fired at them, wounding one of the thieves slightly in the shoulder.

The 20-year-old who received the buckshot, and whose condition is not at all life-threatening, will - along with his companions - be charged with theft.

You would never hear that in the Uk, the criminals seem to have more rights than decent citizens. Well done to the Spanish police :thumbsup:

big wheels Dec 19th 2008 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS (Post 7082943)
GOOD in UK the farmer would be jailed

The article does say that the Guardia Civil detained the farmer too. ;)

dunmovin Dec 20th 2008 4:12 am

Originally Posted by big wheels (Post 7084130)

to congratulate him, hopefully

debandsie Dec 20th 2008 10:21 am

Hope that they give him a medal - and some more ammo !:thumbsup:

shirley and anthony hide Dec 21st 2008 5:34 pm

These artichokes must have been big old muvvers if it took 3 men to steal them!!

dunmovin Dec 21st 2008 5:38 pm

one to dig them up, one to bag them and a useless git as a lookout:lol:

jurdyr Dec 21st 2008 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by big wheels (Post 7084130)

well he had to make a Setment about what happen , and now looking after his farm again with shotgun loaded again

Sir Dec 21st 2008 6:54 pm

It happened 30 years ago that whilst celebrating a barbeque in the garden one of the kids pointed out that there were two gypsy women in the guest bedroom rifling through the dressing table contents. My brother and I caught them hand held them in a half-Nelson whilst my wife called the Guardia Civil. They didn't half stuggle and fight, but the half-Nelson maintains control.

On arrival, the Guardia bundled the women into their Landrover and informed me that they'd have to let them free the next day since they hadn't actually stolen anything (we had already recovered the articles they had pilfered). One of the Guardia took me aside an quietly suggested that to discourage anymore of this sort of thing I should have called to say I'd found a couple of drowned 'Gitanas' in my swimming pool or, at least, broken their arms and claimed a struggle!

But that was 30 yars ago....

Relampago Dec 22nd 2008 8:59 pm

I don't justify the farmer's action, but maybe have stolen to this man a lot, and finally have exploded...

rugbymatt Dec 22nd 2008 9:06 pm

Do not justify the action of the farmer, but perhaps have stolen this man a lot, and finally has exploded...

This is the best Babelfish could come up with......................

Econ Dec 23rd 2008 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Sir (Post 7088865)
the Guardia bundled the women into their Landrover and informed me that they'd have to let them free the next day since they hadn't actually stolen anything (we had already recovered the articles they had pilfered). One of the Guardia took me aside an quietly suggested that to discourage anymore of this sort of thing I should have called to say I'd found a couple of drowned 'Gitanas' in my swimming pool or, at least, broken their arms and claimed a struggle!

But that was 30 yars ago....

Yes that was when crime was practically non existant in Spain, but of course we have to respect criminals now so there are many hundreds of thousands more to cause us problems.

I know of a case where 2 people where caught handling 24,000 euros of stolen money from someone I know very well (They where paid 10% for the use of their bank accounts to make the thief invisible), one had the money taken off him before he got to it but the other had moved his money on, the one who had the money '4000 Euros' taken back was not taken to court because the Spanish legal system didn't see there was a case as he didn't actually get away with it! :curse:, he didn't actually get away with the money as the bank never let him access it after they where alerted that he had stolen money in his account. The other who moved the money '20,000' on had no assets so the courts didn't think it was worth taking the matter any further.... :curse: great deterrent to crime eh! (This was 3 years ago and the person is still trying to get some recourse).

All the above legal process can do is promote crime!, why would these people not just go out and do the same thing again? sadly... at this rate most people are going to become criminals and our countries will attract them from other countries because our legal systems and governments are only interested in petty crimes 'speeding and opening shops when they shouldn't' that general law abiding people make so they can take money off us, if we have no money to take they are not interested and locking people up costs money so they don't seem to be interested in doing that either.

Cape Blue Dec 24th 2008 5:29 am

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7085135)
Hope that they give him a medal - and some more ammo !:thumbsup:

It always sounds good to hear of some summary justice - until its your 15 year old kid doing some scrumping with his mates who ends up in a wheelchair or dead, then its not so clever for some old boy to be letting loose with his shotgun.

debandsie Dec 24th 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 7096318)
It always sounds good to hear of some summary justice - until its your 15 year old kid doing some scrumping with his mates who ends up in a wheelchair or dead, then its not so clever for some old boy to be letting loose with his shotgun.

SCRUMPING - is that just another word for STEALING or THIEVING ?

poshnbucks Dec 24th 2008 10:13 am

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7096627)

Correct Debs :eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/scrump

djrickyb Dec 24th 2008 11:10 am

Which ever way you look at it, theft is theft and I'm on the farmers side.
Maybe that will deter others from going onto his property.

rugbymatt Dec 24th 2008 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7096627)

Thats a little harsh innit?

debandsie Dec 24th 2008 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7096894)
Thats a little harsh innit?

NO

rugbymatt Dec 24th 2008 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7096900)
NO

so you would put scrumping at the same level as say..... armed robbery?

debandsie Dec 24th 2008 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7096905)
so you would put scrumping at the same level as say..... armed robbery?

All depends if they were armed whilst robbing ( oh sorry, scrumping) i suppose.
However, what i would say is that anyone whom goes out to steal, thieve, rob ( call it what you will ) deserves all they get. People should have the right to protect themselves and their property. Perhaps if thieves were aware that when they went to steal, that the law was on the side of the one being stolen from and they has a right to protect themselves and their property with whatever means neccesary, they might think twice about commiting the crime.
One of the reasons for leaving the uk was too many bleeding heart do-gooders always making excuses for and supporting the criminal, and for the victims.......sod all !

djrickyb Dec 24th 2008 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7097030)
However, what i would say is that anyone whom goes out to steal, thieve, rob ( call it what you will ) deserves all they get. People should have the right to protect themselves and their property. Perhaps if thieves were aware that when they went to steal, that the law was on the side of the one being stolen from and they has a right to protect themselves and their property with whatever means neccesary, they might think twice about commiting the crime.
One of the reasons for leaving the uk was too many bleeding heart do-gooders always making excuses for and supporting the criminal, and for the victims.......sod all !

My kind of girl!
:thumbup:

rugbymatt Dec 24th 2008 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7097030)

Its scrumping, its nicking apples FFS!

Good god get a grip, maybe you should deal with what is important in your own life before you start judging people!

Are you HONESTLY telling me that you have NEVER done anything that in some way breaks a law?

Rubbish!

Good god some people are SO sanctimonious, and at this time of year too!

debandsie Dec 24th 2008 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7097050)
Its scrumping, its nicking apples FFS!

Good god get a grip, maybe you should deal with what is important in your own life before you start judging people!

Are you HONESTLY telling me that you have NEVER done anything that in some way breaks a law?

Rubbish!

Good god some people are SO sanctimonious, and at this time of year too!

Yes and some people are complete ar**holes all year round !!

Yes i have broken laws (speeding tickets, parking fines and the like ) but i am not a thief, and indeed if i was - you would probably stick up for me !
I have not judged anyone - only given my opinion, as i thought that was one of the reasons that this site existed for.

Having seen some of your previous posts it would seem apparent that you post mainly to provoke arguments and cause conflict and indeed that is your right, but, supporting thieves is taking it a bit far i think.

Perhaps we should do a poll and see how many support thieves and how many think that they deserve all they get.

And a very happy christmas to you.

djrickyb Dec 24th 2008 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7097050)

Hahahahahaha!

This from someone who posts on average 34 times a day and does nothing but criticize and take the piss!

Seriously though.... 29,525 posts in 846 days!
Do you not have a life other than your laptop and your right hand?

rugbymatt Dec 24th 2008 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by djrickyb (Post 7097091)
Hahahahahaha!

This from someone who posts on average 34 times a day and does nothing but criticize and take the piss!

Seriously though.... 29,525 posts in 846 days!
Do you not have a life other than your laptop and your right hand?

If I gave a crap about the shite you are no doubt going to post I would trully be a no lifer, now why don't you run along and play footies with whatever odd balls you like to play with, and leave the adults to discuss things without attempting to pick up on how many times someone posts on an internet forum and thinking they are the ONLY one EVER to do so.....

rugbymatt Dec 24th 2008 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7097087)
Yes and some people are complete ar**holes all year round !!

Yes i have broken laws (speeding tickets, parking fines and the like ) but i am not a thief, and indeed if i was - you would probably stick up for me !
I have not judged anyone - only given my opinion, as i thought that was one of the reasons that this site existed for.

Having seen some of your previous posts it would seem apparent that you post mainly to provoke arguments and cause conflict and indeed that is your right, but, supporting thieves is taking it a bit far i think.

Perhaps we should do a poll and see how many support thieves and how many think that they deserve all they get.

And a very happy christmas to you.

Listen, if you cant get the hang of this internet discussion thing then why don't you just stick to playing with toys or txt'n wif ur m8ts......

debandsie Dec 24th 2008 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7097326)
Listen, if you cant get the hang of this internet discussion thing then why don't you just stick to playing with toys or txt'n wif ur m8ts......

So, this line is the full extent of your discussion skills then.

I gave my opinion on the subject of the OP, and all you have done is attempt to provoke. if you can not hold a discussion without resorting to insults then perhaps you should put away the laptop and find a new use for your right hand ( ah maybe you already have /anker).

Now i am going out with them things that you dont have....MATES

Oh go on then i'll come down to your level....... JOG ON MUPPET

rugbymatt Dec 24th 2008 5:51 pm

Hold on, I am just educating someone else on the forum, I will be back in a second....

rugbymatt Dec 24th 2008 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7097488)
So, this line is the full extent of your discussion skills then.

I gave my opinion on the subject of the OP, and all you have done is attempt to provoke. if you can not hold a discussion without resorting to insults then perhaps you should put away the laptop and find a new use for your right hand ( ah maybe you already have /anker).

Now i am going out with them things that you dont have....MATES

Oh go on then i'll come down to your level....... JOG ON MUPPET

Right now I'm back......

So, in your last post you mentioned that you had your share of speeding tickets, yet you see that as nothing great, now.... what would have happened if you had hit a child while speeding? That would have been OK from that rationale, because after all its not a major crime is it, you know, going too fast!?

Like I said, at this time of the year, when christ is so at the fore in our minds we should adhere to one of his teachings, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

djrickyb Dec 25th 2008 12:39 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7097511)
Like I said, at this time of the year, when christ is so at the fore in our minds we should adhere to one of his teachings, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Can't be you then.
Surely the hair, glasses and face are a sin against people who despise Jonathan King lookalikes.
Of course we already know that you are a w*nker and that is considered an unnatural carnal sin.

Not to mention people who think they are witty when playing Devils Advocate when in actual fact they are just obnoxious and could not enter into a rational debate because they have no life, have little inteligence to enter such debate, know nothing of importance and feel the need to make everyone else a little sadder.

Oh!... and if you want to quote scripture then Acts 8:22 is very apt for you...

"So repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, your heart's intent may be forgiven you."

(International Standard Version Bible).

poshnbucks Dec 25th 2008 1:01 am

I think they missed something here matt.........If they bite, I will feed :rofl::rofl:

PS I think we can dispense with the swearing hereon.

djrickyb Dec 25th 2008 3:16 am

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 7098132)
I think they missed something here matt.........If they bite, I will feed

Was not missed at all.
He mearly advertises his intent to be a twat and not contribute anything useful.

Maybe he should change it to..

Cacoethes carpendi.

As he said....

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7097323)
If I gave a crap about the shite you are no doubt going to post I would trully be a no lifer

Ergo (another Latin expression, by the way...): he is truly a no lifer as he feels the need to answer back at criticism.

I am SO going to love stalking this no lifer for the idiot he is!

rugbymatt Dec 25th 2008 7:50 am

Originally Posted by djrickyb (Post 7098233)
Was not missed at all.
He mearly advertises his intent to be a twat and not contribute anything useful.

Maybe he should change it to..

Cacoethes carpendi.

As he said....

Ergo (another Latin expression, by the way...): he is truly a no lifer as he feels the need to answer back at criticism.

I am SO going to love stalking this no lifer for the idiot he is!

Funny but so far the only thing you are advertising you are going to do on here is "stalk" me, now, while the fun that will follow with playing with such a feeble minded poster will certainly entertain me, it will also annoy the posters that are on here....

Now since its obvious that you have been directed onto here from somewhere and your sole reason for being here is to disrupt thongs, else why don't we try and play the game for a little eh? Now, if you want to have a fight then thats fine, but I have seen posters like you come and go and will see posters like you drop by the wayside for many more days and months, but for now, because of the holiday season, I am playing nice, I am keeping things cool, because the mods don't want to del with our crap while they are trying to have a holiday season....

Fuzzlepop Dec 25th 2008 7:52 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7098372)
Funny but so far the only thing you are advertising you are going to do on here is "stalk" me, now, while the fun that will follow with playing with such a feeble minded poster will certainly entertain me, it will also annoy the posters that are on here....

Now since its obvious that you have been directed onto here from somewhere and your sole reason for being here is to disrupt thongs, else why don't we try and play the game for a little eh? Now, if you want to have a fight then thats fine, but I have seen posters like you come and go and will see posters like you drop by the wayside for many more days and months, but for now, because of the holiday season, I am playing nice, I am keeping things cool, because the mods don't want to del with our crap while they are trying to have a holiday season....

many stalK you....

rugbymatt Dec 25th 2008 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop (Post 7098374)
many stalK you....

I know!

Don't you worry though, I think I have this one covered...

Hows Christmas in Spain?

Fuzzlepop Dec 25th 2008 7:55 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 7098377)
I know!

Don't you worry though, I think I have this one covered...

Hows Christmas in Spain?

I leave in an hour to my bosses house, just finishing my vodka to get me through it that's how it is :rofl:

rugbymatt Dec 25th 2008 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop (Post 7098379)
I leave in an hour to my bosses house, just finishing my vodka to get me through it that's how it is :rofl:

bloody hell!

Fuzzlepop Dec 25th 2008 8:05 am

You don't know my boss though he will have me in his yard digging a new pool today or fitting gutters or something stupid:eek: Today ain't gonna be fun for me well it might be after Ive finished the vodka ;)

rugbymatt Dec 25th 2008 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop (Post 7098386)
You don't know my boss though he will have me in his yard digging a new pool today or fitting gutters or something stupid:eek: Today ain't gonna be fun for me well it might be after Ive finished the vodka ;)

Take something along to make the day go more funky mate....