Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Suicide Death Jump As Bailiffs Move In

Suicide Death Jump As Bailiffs Move In

Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

mogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Suicide Death Jump As Bailiffs Move In

If the bank repossesses your property and then the bank sell it for less than you still owe them, then you are liable for the difference even if you leave Spain – the bank can (and now typically does) chase you in your home country

and then i found this

but those who cannot pay fall foul of a Spanish law that means banks can repossess homes while only cancelling half of the mortgage and charging repossession "cost
also found this

http://belegal.com/forums/showthread...tive/page11und this
Old Nov 17th 2012, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mogsmum

and then i found this

also found this

http://belegal.com/forums/showthread...tive/page11und this
Theres a lot of good information there ...for free
Old Nov 17th 2012, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

mogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rotor
Theres a lot of good information there ...for free
LOL yes found that forum a while back, makes for a good read, although not in spain untill next year, nice to be able to contribute
Old Nov 17th 2012, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mogsmum
LOL yes found that forum a while back, makes for a good read, although not in spain untill next year, nice to be able to contribute
Its frightening how many people have got them selves into such a big financial mess , it was interesting to read about handing the keys back to the back , not straight forward and has to be done at a notary`s office , the fee was 1200 euros plus vat!
Comments on bankruptcy were interesting , one debtor was told he would have to pay 20k to become bankrupt ! how ridiculas ,it was also interesting to see that some banks were pursuing debtors in the UK , I`d guess if they declare bankruptcy in the UK (this only costs a few hundred quid) then the Spanish banks could not pursue them on British soil , I once tried to recover money from a debtor who had declared themselves bankrupt , within 20 minutes I had a phone call from the official receivers office warning me not to contact them ever again regarding the money owed to me!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 10:13 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

LORD POLONIUS: Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend

`
Old Nov 17th 2012, 11:48 am
Just Joined

campomutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
... and can I just remind people, whatever you might all think, people are SO desperate they are taking their own lives, the banks don't give a crap! We are fodder to them, one dies, another is born, to them its all the same, they don't care.
So as well as telling us about how bad they are what are you doing about it..
Just talking I guess.
That will really have an effect
Old Nov 17th 2012, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Yes of course you are responsible for the shortfall if the proceeds from sale of the house doesn't cover the debt. But in Spain you are responsible for the entire debt, not just the shortfall, and the lender keeps all the proceeds from the sale. It is not offset against the debt like it is in the UK.
That is VERY wrong.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jimenato
I'm sure that's not right. If there is a shortfall after the property is sold you are still liable to pay it back in the UK.
You are right. I know someone whos being chased for the balance of a debt after the their house was sold.
That was five years ago, doubt the laws changed.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:21 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campomutt
You are right. I know someone whos being chased for the balance of a debt after the their house was sold.
That was five years ago, doubt the laws changed.
I would have to believe that any judge in any court in the western world would be obliged to conclude that a bank collecting full sale price from 2 different parties for the same property, is pure fraud.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:32 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campomutt
That is VERY wrong.
Do you mean that the statement is wrong or that the statement is right but the law/practice is wrong?
Old Nov 18th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

You have to ask yourself where would all these people be living if they hadn't had the access to large sums of debt that they could not reasonably repay unless they sold to a greater fool for more.

If they hadn't been all this cheap and easy credit, homes for everyone would be more affordable.....who is now left holding the expensive baby not worth the paper it is written on?