Stupidity

Old Apr 2nd 2020, 9:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupidity

I have just received a thin package delivered by AMC and could not believe the stupidity of the young man. He held the package out to me so I signalled that he should place it on the floor, there was no way that I was going to get close enough to take it from him because he was obviously not being sensible about the issues with the virus. How did I know this? He was wearing a face mask, yes but it was not covering his face at all because he had pulled it down and tucked it under his chin.

I despair. People like that will keep us imprisoned in our homes and cause more contagion.

Rosemary
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 2:50 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupidity

The recommendation from WHO is that a mask is ONLY effective if the wearer has the virus. It does NOT protect them.

However, they are reviewing that advice today in the light of new evidence.

Other new evidence is that 2m distancing is NOT enough - may need to be 3m or more!
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 2:59 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

They are mainly referring to the cheap surgical masks. However the more expensive N95/N99 respirator masks are much more effective and can be reused. They are the type that the front line medics wear and they do work in terms of preventing you picking it up from an infected person.

They are much more expensive and in very short supply.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond repute

My snood under a shemag appears to be working. On the other hand I do look like a bank robber😁
Old Apr 4th 2020, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Any doorstep deliveries for us are left on the doorstep the drivers toot toot and drive of,Then my wife goes outside and sprays the package with bleach and leaves it there until later in the day.Deliveries seem to be running quite well at the moment.even carreos are doing very well in difficult times.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 10:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by el collado kid
Any doorstep deliveries for us are left on the doorstep the drivers toot toot and drive of,Then my wife goes outside and sprays the package with bleach and leaves it there until later in the day..
We are doing similar with the odd package left over the gate and also any groceries bought.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 9:06 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid
Any doorstep deliveries for us are left on the doorstep the drivers toot toot and drive of,Then my wife goes outside and sprays the package with bleach and leaves it there until later in the day.Deliveries seem to be running quite well at the moment.even carreos are doing very well in difficult times.
The driver for AMC/GLS who is the culprit has to ask for my NIE number which he inputs. Yet another delivery on Friday from the same young man and this time he did not even have the mask under his chin. As I am in the high risk category I am being extra careful and do not even go for food or to the chemist. My neighbours are absolute angels about buying things for me and have even been paying for my needs with their credit card as the supermarket is not accepting cash. However, I am an extremely independent person so I am ordering as much as possible on the internet so this issue is huge for me.

Rosemary
Old Apr 19th 2020, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Justaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
They are mainly referring to the cheap surgical masks. However the more expensive N95/N99 respirator masks are much more effective and can be reused. They are the type that the front line medics wear and they do work in terms of preventing you picking it up from an infected person.

They are much more expensive and in very short supply.
On the news yesterday ( the sexta, I think) they were saying that 350,000 of the N95s were defective and rejected.