Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Student visa work rules

Student visa work rules

Old Jun 7th 2022, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

cg99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student visa work rules

I'm moving to Spain to start as a language assistant on a student visa in September. However, its only around 15 hours a week. I currently have a remote job with a uk insurance company that is very flexible and I work around 15 hours a week here (a couple of hours a day). Is it legally possible for me to continue my work remotely whilst doing the assistantship? Obviously informing my company and any relevant authorities. The only rules I can see are that maximum 20 hours work is permitted on top of studies in Spain. The pay for the LA is as a grant, not a salary, so don't think it counts towards those 20 hours and so the assistant work is technically the studies. Anyone have any advice or information?
Old Jun 8th 2022, 10:23 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student visa work rules

There's this, it could help a little.

However it at the bottom of the page it references the similarity between student visas and NLVs, but working under a NLV is a dodgy area. Then again, the place where you're assisting at might be familiar with talking to Extranjeria and could easily find out.

Last edited by DLC; Jun 8th 2022 at 10:30 pm.