Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stronger ITV1 frequency....

Stronger ITV1 frequency....

Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:50 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stronger ITV1 frequency....

"ITV1 Central S" and "ITV1 Central E" have been removed from Astra 2D and have reappeared on the Astra 2B South beam.

A Sky viewing card is required.

You can add these ITV1 regions using Other Channels.

The frequency is:
11973 V 27500 2/3

Its on Astra 2B south beam, so very easy to receive even on a smaller 60cm dish in many areas of Spain - reception will be similar to Sky News!

I have no idea for how long these will be available or if this is going to be permanent
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stronger ITV1 frequency....

So that's where it's gone.....bugger.
Thanks for that.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guy
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Silly question to "The Guy".....may have been answered on previous threads, but, have just got new sky card, I am in UK at the moment and the card has to be activated, what I would like to know is the following.....

If I activate it here in the UK can I then use it in our box in Spain

If I activate it here will it mess up my MumĀ“s sky+HD box

If I wait till I get back to Spain can I ring the number from Spain to activate it or as a 08442 number do I have to call this from UK

Last question, it says once card in and number rung to activate card the card will be activated in about 2 hours, does that mean I have to keep the card in box while it is being activated? Just worried as if I do it here will not be in my box !!

Once again, sorry if these points have already been covered on another thread, and await your advice.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

pampasgrass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Silly question to "The Guy".....may have been answered on previous threads, but, have just got new sky card, I am in UK at the moment and the card has to be activated, what I would like to know is the following.....

If I activate it here in the UK can I then use it in our box in Spain

If I activate it here will it mess up my MumĀ“s sky+HD box

If I wait till I get back to Spain can I ring the number from Spain to activate it or as a 08442 number do I have to call this from UK

Last question, it says once card in and number rung to activate card the card will be activated in about 2 hours, does that mean I have to keep the card in box while it is being activated? Just worried as if I do it here will not be in my box !!

Once again, sorry if these points have already been covered on another thread, and await your advice.
I am sure the expert will be back on soon, but once the card is activated I think it can only be used in that box. If it is replacing the old blue card then you have to take out the old card and put in the new card and it activates automatically.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:55 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - the free replacement cards should be preactivated and just need inserting intot he correct slot on the Sky Box.
New card, that you have paid Ā£20 for need contact to Sky to actiavte

If I activate it here in the UK can I then use it in our box in Spain.
At the moment the new white card works as per the old blue cards - they are interchangeable from sky box to sky box - apart from the Sky Premium Channels like Sports and Movies.

(But apparently you cannot use a subscription card from one box in another box that has also had a subscription card activated in it! Although freesatfromsky cards are currently ok!)

If I activate it here will it mess up my MumĀ“s sky+HD box.
Usually not, but you never know, but then at elast you are in the UK and can contact Sky easily to sort it out (15minute queues on their phoines depending!)

If I wait till I get back to Spain can I ring the number from Spain to activate it or as a 08442 number do I have to call this from UK.
The new Sky numbers are not accessabile from outside the UK - sometimes. VOIP or Skype look to be OK, as do some uk mobile numbers.
You can always get some one to call them up on your behalf once your new card is in your box here in Spain....again make sure you give the caller the box details from Services, 4, 5.

Last question, it says once card in and number rung to activate card the card will be activated in about 2 hours, does that mean I have to keep the card in box while it is being activated? Just worried as if I do it here will not be in my box !!.
The cards will be activated anywhere from 10 seconds to 24 hours after the call. So the card needs to be in a sky box and getting signal until it is actiavted.
[QUOTE=mrsjdr;8409476]Once again, sorry if these points have already been covered on another thread, and await your advicec
Many points have been covered before but they are spread out all over the place in various threads...so hope all this helps with them all in one place.

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 10th 2010 at 9:57 am.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The Guy

Its on Astra 2B south beam, so very easy to receive even on a smaller 60cm dish in many areas of Spain - reception will be similar to Sky News!
2b south is fine on my 35cm Lidl plastic caravan dish, here in Valencia.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=The Guy;8409529]Yup - the free replacement cards should be preactivated and just need inserting intot he correct slot on the Sky Box.
New card, that you have paid Ā£20 for need contact to Sky to actiavte

At the moment the new white card works as per the old blue cards - they are interchangeable from sky box to sky box - apart from the Sky Premium Channels like Sports and Movies.

(But apparently you cannot use a subscription card from one box in another box that has also had a subscription card activated in it! Although freesatfromsky cards are currently ok!)

Usually not, but you never know, but then at elast you are in the UK and can contact Sky easily to sort it out (15minute queues on their phoines depending!)

The new Sky numbers are not accessabile from outside the UK - sometimes. VOIP or Skype look to be OK, as do some uk mobile numbers.
You can always get some one to call them up on your behalf once your new card is in your box here in Spain....again make sure you give the caller the box details from Services, 4, 5.

The cards will be activated anywhere from 10 seconds to 24 hours after the call. So the card needs to be in a sky box and getting signal until it is actiavted.
Once again, sorry if these points have already been covered on another thread, and await your advicec
Many points have been covered before but they are spread out all over the place in various threads...so hope all this helps with them all in one place.
Many thanks for your prompt reply, and very helpful info, I will wait till I get back to Spain!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:40 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Guy.
Have Man U. v Milan on ITV1 Central SW at present.
Wouldn't normally get it,however its just starting to break up a touch now.

Strangely now back to 100% with the half-time ads.
See how it goes second half.

Ah ,cracked it now, Central SW went down altogether, but got Central S in memory, Puuuuuuuurfecto.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Mar 10th 2010 at 8:22 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:49 pm

So with a Sky card you can get 6 ITV regions on 12402 v 27.5 2/3
and 2 on 11973 v 27.5 2/3
withthe latter on a south beam, with reports than even a 60cm dish gets them for most of Spain.

Again, dont know for how long these will last for....
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:01 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Guy
So with a Sky card you can get 6 ITV regions on 12402 v 27.5 2/3
and 2 on 11973 v 27.5 2/3
withthe latter on a south beam, with reports than even a 60cm dish gets them for most of Spain.

Again, dont know for how long these will last for....
My card is registered in Scotland so we get STV which has had a great signal up until last week. 90% of the day it is ok but has started breaking up around tea time albeit only for about 20 minutes.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Looks like because of these changes, ITV HD is moving from Eurobird to Astra 2d, 10832 H.

Shame it's not going to be on a vertical transponder.

At least from April 2 Sky HD users will be able to record it.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CBANDY
My card is registered in Scotland so we get STV which has had a great signal up until last week. 90% of the day it is ok but has started breaking up around tea time albeit only for about 20 minutes.
You can always add them via 'add channels'.

Do you lose ITV1 London, on 993 too?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can anyone help or advise????

We moved permanently to Spain in December - up till then, when we wanted to watch TV here we used our English Sky card - no problem.

Now as we no longer have a UK address we've just been using our Sky card (the new white one) to receive the non-subscription channels - again with no problems until the past couple of weeks!

We started to find that we were losing channels or that they were fluctuating - now we seem to have permanently lost BBC2, 3 & 4 plus BBC news, Channel 4 and 5 and most radio programmes.

We still receive BBC1, Channel4+1 and other C4 progs. ITV1 fluctuates but we get ITV2 & 3 etc.

I see by the posts above that some tuning details have changed - does anyone know if & how we can get these channels back - I don't want to miss University Challenge tomorrow

Last edited by lunacrout; Mar 14th 2010 at 8:26 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

We have recently began to lose all of the ITV stations 1,2.3 and 4 every evening for around 5 hours. We can get ITV1 by using the other channels method as described, but is there any other frequency's for 2,3 and 4.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.