Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Strictly come dancing

Strictly come dancing

Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strictly come dancing

Anyone else think it's a total farce this year. The worst dancer has now survived 3 weeks, and much better dancers have gone out. Kate Garroway is by far the worse dancer, she has no grace, no sense of rythm or balance, yet the viewers keep saving her. The judges on Saturday, and yes, of course the Sunday programme is recorded on Saturday, were astounded with the result. I think the major problem is that the BBC lets people start voting by phone for NEXT weeks programme on the Sunday well BEFORE they know how well the dancer does. I think voting should only be on the Saturday, between the end of the first show and when the results show is recorded.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strictly come dancing

Do you think it fair that some of the contestants on there already have dancing experience, whilst the others don't?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Do you think it fair that some of the contestants on there already have dancing experience, whilst the others don't?
None have done the type of dancing required on there. So they do start from equal, look at the last two winners, cricketers who had never danced before. I agree that people like Alesha danced on stage, but that wasn't ever the type of dancing that is required on this type of programme.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
None have done the type of dancing required on there. So they do start from equal, look at the last two winners, cricketers who had never danced before. I agree that people like Alesha danced on stage, but that wasn't ever the type of dancing that is required on this type of programme.
Nah ... sorry .... Gabby is an ex gymnast which involved dance on the gym floor. Alesha danced on stage ........The woman you are talking about is a TV presenter isn't she, although I may be wrong. Theres a huge difference, as they were both dance trained, and it may not be the same kind that is required in come dancing but it does give them a head start over someone who has never done it before.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:57 pm
Senior Moment

And I don't watch it .... honest
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
But the poise helps, look at the ex gymnast Gabbie compared to Willie Thorne. ;-))
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:00 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

I think it is a little unfair of some having dance experience, but others in the past with no previous experience have come through and improved vastly, sadly that is not what kate has done. She got a bad start with her injury but i think it stands out pretty well that she is going to struggle!!
I should think deep down she feels a bit miffed about it all too, she knows she has kept someone who good continue through for a long time and who knows maybe have won it out of the competition and obviously realises that she should not be there.
I love the show, put myself through dance classes two nights of the week doing several classes of latin, salsa and ballroom and for myself would obviously like to see someone who dances well win the show, not someone who has got there for the entertainment value. It is hard to decide the best way to make sure of this, but it has proved that when that sort of decision crops up there should be some sort of contingency plan, don't know what, but it just isn't fair. Sorry guys for the waffle but I like to see dancing done properly and well, I feel for Kate and everyone likes to see the great improvements everyone makes, but the BEEB needs to get their strategy sorted!!
Oooh hope that hasn't gone on too much.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Whenever the public are asked to vote for contestants, it's inevitable that personality will play a big part in who they vote for.

The British love the underdog and anyone who doesn't take themselves too seriously!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is ace! However dodgy the decisions are!

I like the big frocks and the tight trousers!! Mostly the tight trousers!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
I think it is ace! However dodgy the decisions are!

I like the big frocks and the tight trousers!! Mostly the tight trousers!!
I prefer to see tight frocks and big trousers. ;-)
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Love the program, but the great british public just vote for their favorite, ie soap star, tv presenter, nothing to do with how they dance. Feel sorry for Kate, she must feel awful knowing that she is being kept in by her fans when she is hopeless at dancing, it is embarrassing to watch her.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strictly Come Dancing...!

Before I start, have been out for lunch... so forgive any ramblings..!

Went to Altea by the church which is lovely and had daily menu of..

Carpaccio
Solomillo...
Tiramisu..
Coffee...
El Coto x 2 (just glasses)

14 Euro

Just gonna see if it has uploaded!
Attached Thumbnails Strictly come dancing-altea.jpg  
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Strictly Come Dancing...!

So tonight...

I reckon

Dom Littlewood

John Barnes

for the Dance off!

They are both pants!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:42 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

After last week anything could happen. I just hope whatever it is .....................isn't a stupid result!! I really think Matt could go a long way, I liked his effort the first week and I think he has improved and is in it to try to win it! kelly and brendans attitude is starting to grate on me, so who knows.

xxx
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Kenny Logan he just cant hack it, a gorilla could do better and maybe John Barnes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.