Stressed

Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Stressed

2 and 1/2 weeks to go. feeling very stressed.
I had no idea how much rubbish and toot i had saved up over the years.......... so far about 20 black sacks have been filled and many trips to the dump later my house isnt looking any clearer. Boxes everywhere and still a long way to go.
oh i do feel very stressed. i do hope all the tears and tantrums will be worth it, it feels never ending
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:00 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Stressed

Originally Posted by cajam31
I had no idea how much rubbish and toot i had saved up over the years.......... so far about 20 black sacks have been filled and many trips to the dump later my house isnt looking any clearer. Boxes everywhere and still a long way to go.
oh i do feel very stressed. i do hope all the tears and tantrums will be worth it, it feels never ending

Hi cajam31

In my experience things have to look worse before they get better and yes all this stress will be oh so worth it, so stick with it you will soon be there.

regards
Cristina
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

we're not taking alot of stuff with us, or that was the plan lol
Husband is driving over with all our stuff, me and daughter to join him a week or so later. The pile of boxes he is taking with him in the car seems to be growing bigger and bigger. There is alot more stuff i can't bear to leave behind than i originally thought. Husband has only his clothes, why do i have about 10 boxes of 'treasures'
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:26 pm

Husband is driving over with all our stuff, me and daughter to join him a week or so later. The pile of boxes he is taking with him in the car seems to be growing bigger and bigger. There is alot more stuff i can't bear to leave behind than i originally thought. Husband has only his clothes, why do i have about 10 boxes of 'treasures'

I know what you mean I had boxes and boxes of brand new shoes some of them I had at the back of the cupboard for years, and nic-nacs by the score, the secret is you have to be iron willed about this I still have boxes in the garage that have not been unpacked and cupboard full of stuff that I am never going to use. We are thinking of moving to another area so I will use that opportunity to clear my clutter again. There is a really handy little book called "Clear your Clutter" it works on the basis of if you clear your home of all your clutter then the house will open up to allow the kama to flow through your house more freely hence your life too will be cleared of it's clutter. I know some people thing that is a load of rubbish but believe me it does work, for example if you have something that has brought you joy in the pass then think what joy it will bring to someone else now that it has served it purpose for you. Also works if you have something that you don't like but can't get rid of it because you will feel guilty just think that it may bring someone else joy to have. Here i go again of in my own little world away with the fairy's as the kids say. It has taken me about 8 years to clear away over 30 years of hoarding I'm nearly there and I feel so much better for it.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

bear in mind the weight limits - our vehicle was stopped at the French border and we were fined 700 euros for being over weight
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:58 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you are feeling, we are close to moving now and keep opening the garden shed, looking at everything and then closing the door without clearing anything out because hubby can't bear to part with anything "in case it's needed" I say CHUCK IT if it hasn't been used in months (some things years) then do we really need it? I will get him motivated when we get the date to move....then he will HAVE to do something because it isn't going with us
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:30 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

I did the same 12 years ago - only I sold my house with all furniture included and in those days there were no limits on luggage! So we flew out with all we needed including hubbys tool boxes and the quilts! Then drove an estate car over with dog and remainder of rubbish which got mainly thrown out as hardly anything was relevant to living here!

Oh the good old days!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
I know what you mean I had boxes and boxes of brand new shoes some of them I had at the back of the cupboard for years, and nic-nacs by the score, the secret is you have to be iron willed about this I still have boxes in the garage that have not been unpacked and cupboard full of stuff that I am never going to use. We are thinking of moving to another area so I will use that opportunity to clear my clutter again. There is a really handy little book called "Clear your Clutter" it works on the basis of if you clear your home of all your clutter then the house will open up to allow the kama to flow through your house more freely hence your life too will be cleared of it's clutter. I know some people thing that is a load of rubbish but believe me it does work, for example if you have something that has brought you joy in the pass then think what joy it will bring to someone else now that it has served it purpose for you. Also works if you have something that you don't like but can't get rid of it because you will feel guilty just think that it may bring someone else joy to have. Here i go again of in my own little world away with the fairy's as the kids say. It has taken me about 8 years to clear away over 30 years of hoarding I'm nearly there and I feel so much better for it.
Where are you thinking of moving to? I threw too much out and wished I had kept it, like really nice dining room chairs and could use them now.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spain
bear in mind the weight limits - our vehicle was stopped at the French border and we were fined 700 euros for being over weight
Oh no, i had no idea there were weight limits.................................another reason to stress
Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:35 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, i had no idea there were weight limits.................................another reason to stress
Better have another look through those boxes
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There are weight and passenger limits on all vehicles, otherwise they wouldn`t sell bigger vehicles. lol ;-)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Where are you thinking of moving to? I threw too much out and wished I had kept it, like really nice dining room chairs and could use them now.

We had a beautiful table and chairs my mum gave me she bought it second hand back in the early 30's, at christmas time there used to be 22 adults round and the children where at a small table (kids had to wait until an adult passed away before they could take there place at the main table. We had to get rid of it when we down sized from a Victorian terrace that was over four floors into a 2 bdr flat really miss that table now and have been on the look out for something simular since we moved here.

As for where we are thinking of going, well we are off to Portugal on Saturday on a fact finding mission, we have been doing some research for a few months now and plan to look north of Lisbon.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

To Crispygirl & Lionda, know how you feel girls as I am in the same boat, busy clearing out all the cupboards, have told ourselves we're only taking personal stuff and already the little bedroom is half full with boxes. Keep telling his nibs that we're going to need help with it all, but he say no, it will all go in is Toyota Previa, I don't think so!!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jdr
There are weight and passenger limits on all vehicles, otherwise they wouldn`t sell bigger vehicles. lol ;-)

Me neither do you know what the weight limits are jdr
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunlover27
Me neither do you know what the weight limits are jdr
No but if its a car you could work it out by roughly calculating the weight of passengers allowed (boxes) and don`t forget rear vision or they might get you for that.
Commercials should have it stamped somewhere. 1 ton, 2 ton, etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.