Stray dog

Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stray dog

An irresponsible neighbour of ours owns a very cute but scruffy little dog which is truffed out on a morning and left to run the streets and gardens.

I am really annoyed about this as I own three pedigree dogs two of which are breading bitches. I take great care with them and they are well kept and always secure within my property.

However, over the last few day the neighbours dog has found a way into my garden by getting into our nextdoor neighbours garden and the jumping down a level into ours and is bothering the bitches. He can jump down okay but he can't actually jump back out as it is too high for him to jump up. As we don't actually know where the dog lives the only thing we can do is put him out of our garden, which is getting quite annoying now, but sure enough he finds his way back in.

Should I take him to the police?
Does anyone have any advice.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:15 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stray dog

Tie a note to his collar the next time and raise the height of your fences/walls so he can't get in?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Wink Re: Stray dog

Originally Posted by polly.walker
An irresponsible neighbour of ours owns a very cute but scruffy little dog which is truffed out on a morning and left to run the streets and gardens.

I am really annoyed about this as I own three pedigree dogs two of which are breading bitches. I take great care with them and they are well kept and always secure within my property.

However, over the last few day the neighbours dog has found a way into my garden by getting into our nextdoor neighbours garden and the jumping down a level into ours and is bothering the bitches. He can jump down okay but he can't actually jump back out as it is too high for him to jump up. As we don't actually know where the dog lives the only thing we can do is put him out of our garden, which is getting quite annoying now, but sure enough he finds his way back in.

it would only get in my garden once would not be seen again
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Would you take it on a long walk
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:45 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

You mean spanish practice and dump it somewhere to starve
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

I certainly wouldn't do that Jacktoo. I'm too much of a dog lover. That's why I asked the question should I take him to the police. I don't know how to deal with it so the dog doesn't suffer. It's not his fault. I really want to teach the owner a lesson though.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Wink Re: Stray dog

Originally Posted by jackytoo
You mean spanish practice and dump it somewhere to starve
there's always the vets but a bullet is cheaper.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In a cardboard box soon if I dont find anywhere to rent!
sparkplug will become famous soon enoughsparkplug will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by billymacker
there's always the vets but a bullet is cheaper.
or feeding it some starfish off the beach.......
((BTW this is not a nice way to do it but for feral animals sometimes the only way)
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is not a ferrel dog, It's someones pet. I don't want to punish the animal for it's owners shortcomings.

Does anyone know what the police will do if I take it there.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

report the matter to your town hall as most have a concejal protectora de animales. Elspeth
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:53 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
report the matter to your town hall as most have a concejal protectora de animales. Elspeth
Aren't there bye-laws against stray dogs in Spanish towns? In France you can indeed complain to the Town Hall and they deal with the matter.
(In France, the police and gendarmerie don't want to know, unless it's a dangerous dog, and I imagine the Spanish Police would be the same).
Good luck, anyway!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps the thread is misleading people.
It is not a stray dog but has an owner, not a very responsible one clearly and it must be a real nuisance especially if your dogs come into season.

Some of the suggestions on here sound rather drastic, pity you couldn't take it to a vet and get it 'fixed' so he couldn't bother any other female dogs.

The owner may think he's gone walkabout for a day or so and would be none the wiser!

but of course, it will cost! Plus the fact, he could just be one of many!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Yes thank Casita, you are quite correct, sorry for misleading people.

The dog isn't actually a stray it is staying, it does have an owner. I wish I knew how it was as the dog is regularly spotted on the streets on our urbanisation. I would gladly report him to the authorities.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

I would gladly report him to the authorities.
Complain to your Town Hall, if possible naming the owner! Can't your immediate neighbours add their complaint, or does he just make a bee-line for your bitches and they aren't bothered by him?
That's all you can do, apart from putting some sort of barrier to stop him jumping into your garden... When our neighbour's dog is on heat, there are inevitably at least 5 village dogs standing guard outside her gate and I have to make sure ours doesn't join them!
This is one of the drawbacks of having female dogs, I'm afraid...

Last edited by dmu; Feb 28th 2010 at 6:13 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

tbh dont think the town hall would be interested but you coudl try

in our village dogs often wander the streets during the day and no one bats an eye ..............suppose they just accept it happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.