Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stolen bag on Costa Del Sol

Stolen bag on Costa Del Sol

Old May 14th 2006, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

catsrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stolen bag on Costa Del Sol

Lost my bag on thurs with my walleta nd cards, passport, driving licence etc in it, not exactly sure but i last had it at the Repsol garage near La Conception gardens, thought i had put it in the car when i got token for the car wash, might have left it on the counter , not sure. Went straight home and unloaded the car.

Went back later and they said no body had handed it in, would have cctv footage of me in the garage getting served?
And can i ask to see it.?

The main thing was i phoned and cancelled all my cards straight away on Thurs.
Now i see that on my statement i checked tonight there has been 3 transactions for a total of 1,000 euros all to the same person.
Does anybody recognise the name ROY COCKTELS as being a shop or business?
Old May 15th 2006, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stolen bag on Costa Del Sol

Sorry to hear that.

Last edited by un-mundo; May 15th 2006 at 1:54 am.
Old May 15th 2006, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the name of a person. If the bank has the bank details of the Roy Cocktel, and most places I go to if you use a credit card you have to show a photo id and the bank makes it do a pin number in most cases now. I would have thought your bank could re credit your account from those transactions?

Originally Posted by catsrus
Lost my bag on thurs with my walleta nd cards, passport, driving licence etc in it, not exactly sure but i last had it at the Repsol garage near La Conception gardens, thought i had put it in the car when i got token for the car wash, might have left it on the counter , not sure. Went straight home and unloaded the car.

Went back later and they said no body had handed it in, would have cctv footage of me in the garage getting served?
And can i ask to see it.?

The main thing was i phoned and cancelled all my cards straight away on Thurs.
Now i see that on my statement i checked tonight there has been 3 transactions for a total of 1,000 euros all to the same person.
Does anybody recognise the name ROY COCKTELS as being a shop or business?
Old May 15th 2006, 9:05 am
Just Joined

catsrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been in touch with my UK bank and they tell me it is a restaurant in Puerto Banus.
Nowhere near me. i live north of Malaga.
How can someone spend 1,000 euros in a retaurant?

My bank will give me the money back.

It shows how casual they are in Sapin, I have noticed they only glance at any ID and never check the signatures, you always get card back before you sign receipt.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just been in touch with my UK bank and they tell me it is a restaurant in Puerto Banus.

It shows how casual they are in Sapin, I have noticed they only glance at any ID and never check the signatures, you always get card back before you sign receipt.
They haven't got to grips with pin numbers yet have they. Producing a pin card in Carrefour recently caused a great deal of confusion and I had to go to the enquiries desk to pay.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
They haven't got to grips with pin numbers yet have they. Producing a pin card in Carrefour recently caused a great deal of confusion and I had to go to the enquiries desk to pay.
They are waiting to implement it properly, unlike the UK where the chip and track PINs are the same, thus allowing the recent phishing and cloning frauds that Shell UK (to the tune of half a billion I believe) and others have suffered.

Actually, it's not that simple; the simplistic ATMs found abroad generally, contribute to this problem.
Old May 15th 2006, 8:06 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Bet they really thought you just looked dodgy
Old May 16th 2006, 7:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevray
Bet they really thought you just looked dodgy
I was mesmerised by the Carrefour skate babes
Old May 18th 2006, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

In Puerto Banus...if you choose the wrong restaurant...quite easily!

My friend just left the costa del sol and found that somebody had tried to take money from his card.

Be very careful in Petrol Stations...we think this is where the card was was cloned! we did also go to a restaurant in Puerto Banus too where the card was taken out of sight!
Old May 19th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

He probably owns or works at the restuarant, it would be easy then to do that way. Probably didn't eat there.