Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sterling account

Sterling account

Old May 26th 2007, 6:04 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Sterling account

Hi everyone,
I am sure someone out there can help with a bit of info. We obviously have a spanish bank account, which is used for paying bills, saving , taxes etc, we have internet banking and everything is great with it, no probs at all. We are sure we have heard of sterling accounts where you can transfer from Uk in sterling and the spanish bank changes the amount to euros when the rate is doing well therefore getting a good deal and also doesn't charge. It sounds too good to be true. I know our bank doesn't have this facility. Does anyone know of such a thing or even what I am talking about. I know there are offshore accounts but they have to be started with quite large amounts.
Oh well will leave it in your capable hands, i am sure someone will reply, even if it is only to say that I am completely nuts, which actually isn't far off the truth!!
Luv Eve
xx
Old May 26th 2007, 6:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sterling account

Originally Posted by Eve
Hi everyone,
I am sure someone out there can help with a bit of info. We obviously have a spanish bank account, which is used for paying bills, saving , taxes etc, we have internet banking and everything is great with it, no probs at all. We are sure we have heard of sterling accounts where you can transfer from Uk in sterling and the spanish bank changes the amount to euros when the rate is doing well therefore getting a good deal and also doesn't charge. It sounds too good to be true. I know our bank doesn't have this facility. Does anyone know of such a thing or even what I am talking about. I know there are offshore accounts but they have to be started with quite large amounts.
Oh well will leave it in your capable hands, i am sure someone will reply, even if it is only to say that I am completely nuts, which actually isn't far off the truth!!
Luv Eve
xx
www.sun-pay.com
Been using it for ages and it works really well. YOU control when you change it ... its a go between bank account where you pay in from your UK account, change to euros, and then transfer to your Spanish one.
Old May 26th 2007, 8:13 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Cheers Mitzy, will definately look into it. Off to Spain in the morning, to see some sun I hope!!
Luv Eve
Old May 27th 2007, 8:02 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve
Hi everyone,
Luv Eve
xx
We have a Banca March Sterling account. We transfer money from UK bank to it, in Sterling, then change it when the rate is good. We also get the commercial rate when changing into Euros
JJ
Old May 27th 2007, 9:23 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Hi , ta for that. is it a bank that covers the whole of Spain, or is it regional. looking into ther other link as well.
Thank you
Eve
Old May 27th 2007, 10:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve
Hi , ta for that. is it a bank that covers the whole of Spain, or is it regional. looking into ther other link as well.
Thank you
Eve
as far as SOL Bank is concerned, its part of Banco Sabadell which is one of the biggest banks in Spain
Old May 28th 2007, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eve
Thank you
Eve
Banca March is local just to Majorca and the Chiclana area down as far as Barbate but not national.