Reload this Page >

State Schools in Estepona

State Schools in Estepona

Old Sep 29th 2014, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

natalief19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Schools in Estepona

Hi all,

My husband will be starting work in Gibraltar at the beginning of next year and we are trying to decide on where to live. The obvious would be Gib, but as is quite expensive we are thinking of Estepona instead.

We have two boys one will be nearly 9 and the other will be 4.

We've done an internet search and know that there are a lot of schools in Estepona and it's surrounding areas, so I'm hoping you could give me a more personal insight about the schools.

Does anyone have children who attend state school in Estepona? Did they settle in well? Were they accepted by the spanish children? Were they given the help they needed to learn spanish? Are there any schools you would recommend or any that should be avoided? Anything else you think I should know?

Also, if anyone sends their child/ren to international school, same questions as above, but also, do you think it's value for money, would my children be better off going to international school so that they don't have the added pressure of learning spanish as well (although in the long term, I'd like the whole family to learn the language).

We are in a fortunate position that we haven't found a property yet, so we can find a good school first and find somewhere close by.

We all can't wait to move, but are worried about the kids schooling, so any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Nat
Old Sep 29th 2014, 8:52 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Schools in Estepona

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary