state g.p

Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

EDDIE SPARROW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default state g.p

Please can anyone explain what i need to join a state's g.p practice in spain many thanks.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:40 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: state g.p

Originally Posted by EDDIE SPARROW View Post
Please can anyone explain what i need to join a state's g.p practice in spain many thanks.
do you mean which pieces of paper to take with you, or which circumstances entitle you to state healthcare?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

If you are under pension age you have to contribute for healthcare ,at least 250 euro a month for a "self employed" stamp ,this will cover you.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
If you are under pension age you have to contribute for healthcare ,at least 250 euro a month for a "self employed" stamp ,this will cover you.
Private health care is about half of that!
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
Private health care is about half of that!
For a family of six , one with a heart condition and the other with a dibiltating disease? show me where.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
For a family of six , one with a heart condition and the other with a dibiltating disease? show me where.
Do you know something about the OP that we don't?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
Do you know something about the OP that we don't?
No ,but Im not assuming everyones circumstances are the same either,paying NI covers you whatever you and your families health situation unlike private healthcare.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

EDDIE SPARROW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa View Post
do you mean which pieces of paper to take with you, or which circumstances entitle you to state healthcare?
Which circumstances entitle both my wife and myself to state healthcare many thanks.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which circumstances entitle both my wife and myself to state healthcare many thanks.
"state" healthcare equals pay NI if under pension age, to do this get ajob or go self employed .
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:52 pm
Senior Moment

You havent been very specific.

If you are leaving the UK and you are not of pensionable age then you may be entitled to up to 18 months to 2 years under spanish state system if you apply to DWP Newcastle before yoiu leave

If either one of you is of pensionable age then you are both entitled to Spanish state health care. You need to apply to DWP Newcastle

If you are on disability benefit then you may qualify for Spanish State care

If you are on low income you may be able to apply in certain Spanish areas

If you are working and contributing to the system then you will qualify

If you live in the Valencia region there is a system where you can contribute towards the health system if you dont qualify in any other way, but you have to pay per quarter

Other than that you will need private care here, which is considerably cheaper than in the UK

It has been said that you can register as autonomo (self employed) even if you are not and pay the monthly stamp fee. I have heard that the Spanish Government are very unhappy about people doing this to get around the system

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Oct 14th 2010 at 4:34 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:28 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

To pay autonomo at 250 a month, normally per person, is not really suitable to obtain health cover. Further, as a self-employed person you will need to submit returns for your tax bill. If you submit a nil return, the authorities will want to know why and can quite easily present you with a tax bill representative of what other self employed persons in your field pay. They are also highly likely to pay you a visit.

Some people who think they are clever have opted to pay the 250 a month, and submit fictitious returns, in order to collect the ‘pension’ after at least 15 years, albeit with health cover along the way.

It can work if you have needed a lot of medical attention during the 15 years, if you haven’t and paid the extra money into a normal pension fund you would be much better off and wouldn’t have a sore neck from looking over your shoulder.

If either you or your partner is of pension age it’s all free, after filling out the right forms. And also under the circumstances explained by Mitz above.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG View Post
To pay autonomo at 250 a month, normally per person, is not really suitable to obtain health cover. Further, as a self-employed person you will need to submit returns for your tax bill. If you submit a nil return, the authorities will want to know why and can quite easily present you with a tax bill representative of what other self employed persons in your field pay. They are also highly likely to pay you a visit.

Some people who think they are clever have opted to pay the 250 a month, and submit fictitious returns, in order to collect the ‘pension’ after at least 15 years, albeit with health cover along the way.

It can work if you have needed a lot of medical attention during the 15 years, if you haven’t and paid the extra money into a normal pension fund you would be much better off and wouldn’t have a sore neck from looking over your shoulder.

If either you or your partner is of pension age it’s all free, after filling out the right forms. And also under the circumstances explained by Mitz above.
if you are self-employed, making the autonomo payments, paying tax etc. etc.

not ficticiously that is

then your dependants are also covered for healthcare
Old Oct 15th 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HBG View Post

Most of this is hearsay ,I know at least 3 ex pats who have been doing this for several years without problem.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa View Post
if you are self-employed, making the autonomo payments, paying tax etc. etc.

not ficticiously that is

then your dependants are also covered for healthcare
I've been paying social security for 6 months but my husband is unemployed. Is he considered to be my dependant?
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by angiescarr View Post
I've been paying social security for 6 months but my husband is unemployed. Is he considered to be my dependant?
he should be

see your gestor & declare him as a dependant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.