Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Start your own Navy........

Start your own Navy........

Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:04 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Start your own Navy........

.........for 27,000 euro and up.

http://www.thelocal.es/page/view/spa...g#.UV9Hj6I3vSs

Doesn't say how seaworthy she is or if the guns are thrown in with the deal.
Cheaper than a Seat Alhambra.

Could be just the job for Dom or Rotor.
There again maybe FredB could put her to good use.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:07 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start your own Navy........

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
.........for 27,000 euro and up.

http://www.thelocal.es/page/view/spa...g#.UV9Hj6I3vSs

Doesn't say how seaworthy she is or if the guns are thrown in with the deal.
Cheaper than a Seat Alhambra.

Could be just the job for Dom or Rotor.
There again maybe FredB could put her to good use.
well with a welded (rather than rivetted) steel hull and aluminium superstructure there may be problems with cathodic reaction between the dissimilar metals which causes the aluminium to corrode where they join (the RN had a similar problem with this construction) I would think they are a better buy than a SEAT - and who would consider paying €27k for any SEAT
Although the gun will come off, understand they got a job lot of second hand units from the US, and the propulsion may need a major overhaul it could give an interesting live aboard home as there was space for a crew of 27.

However, this is the new order of the day
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ose-joint.html
Old Apr 7th 2013, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start your own Navy........

I did have the pleasure of taking some money off Roman back in 2003 for some work onboard Pelorus, then the largest in the world I believe.

Mind you I never met him, only the skipper and agent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelorus_%28yacht%29