Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stanstead - Central London

Stanstead - Central London

Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stanstead - Central London

I am flying out next week from Jerez to stay at an hotel near Regents Park/Lord´s Cricket Ground. Never flown into Stanstead before. Any tips as to how I get into central London and then to the hotel?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stanstead - Central London

Originally Posted by glynis
I am flying out next week from Jerez to stay at an hotel near Regents Park/Lord´s Cricket Ground. Never flown into Stanstead before. Any tips as to how I get into central London and then to the hotel?
Hi Glynis
I believe Ryanair sell tickets on their flights for a rail ticket from Stanstead to London. They are also advertised around stanstead, there is is stand in the arrivals hall to purchase them as well. there is also a taxi firm called checkers who are also in the arrivals hall. You just go to the desk and they book it for you and tell you the price. Usually galaxy cars, so very comfy!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Masey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Glynis

You can get the Stanstead Express train from the airport to Liverpool St station which i think is about £35 pounds so I'm told but have never used it, from there a black taxi will cost you about £20 or you can get the tube to St Johns Wood, Central Line, change at Bond st then Jubilee Line. Alternatively you can get a coach to Victoria from there a cab will cost you about £15 or tube to green park and change onto jubilee line.

If you need anymore info feel free to PM me as I'm a Licensed London Taxi Driver and could proberly help.

Actually I’ve just remembered I picked some people up the other week from opposite Lords who had just got off of a coach after returning from holiday, they proberly came from Stanstead although it could have been Luton, try National coaches or Victoria coach station.

Steve
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Agnes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Masey
Hi Glynis

You can get the Stanstead Express train from the airport to Liverpool St station which i think is about £35 pounds so I'm told but have never used it, from there a black taxi will cost you about £20 or you can get the tube to St Johns Wood, Central Line, change at Bond st then Jubilee Line. Alternatively you can get a coach to Victoria from there a cab will cost you about £15 or tube to green park and change onto jubilee line.

If you need anymore info feel free to PM me as I'm a Licensed London Taxi Driver and could proberly help.

Actually I’ve just remembered I picked some people up the other week from opposite Lords who had just got off of a coach after returning from holiday, they proberly came from Stanstead although it could have been Luton, try National coaches or Victoria coach station.

Steve
Hi Glynnis

Stanstead Express to Liverpool Street runs every 15 minutes. Take the Stanstead Express to Tottenham Hale, usually 2nd stop, 35 minute journey time, and pick up the Victoria Line, you will probably have to change on to another line.

Hopefull you are travelling on the morning flight, otherwise connections could be difficult. If you are travelling on the late flight try and fly with hand luggage only. I have waited over an 90 minutes for my baggage when travelling on the late flight. If you are only travelling with hand luggage you can now check in on line and avoid all the queues.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Agnes
Hi Glynnis

Stanstead Express to Liverpool Street runs every 15 minutes. Take the Stanstead Express to Tottenham Hale, usually 2nd stop, 35 minute journey time, and pick up the Victoria Line, you will probably have to change on to another line.

Hopefull you are travelling on the morning flight, otherwise connections could be difficult. If you are travelling on the late flight try and fly with hand luggage only. I have waited over an 90 minutes for my baggage when travelling on the late flight. If you are only travelling with hand luggage you can now check in on line and avoid all the queues.
On the morning flight. Could not possibly take hand luggage only. I am going to London and plan to do just a wee bit of shopping! So will need a large empty suitcase.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stansted - Central London

It is worth checking your Itinerary using the London Journey Planner as well. http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk
There are plenty of options. If your hotel is anywhere near Lord's then input the exact address of your destination from Stansted Airport. There is an option of the AIRPORT A6 Bus that finishes at Victoria that stops in the area look at timings (frequent) on http://www.nationalexpress.com. Takes ages but gets you from A to B.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 9:53 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Black cabs are horrendously expensive....sorry Masey. The train to Liverpool street is probably fastest but expensive, but I believe they sell the tickets on the plane at a discounted rate. You then have a tube or taxi journey. If the coach goes to Victoria it could be quicker for the onward connection and cheaper if it's a taxi ride. If you are really economising then take a bus or two. A one day travel card is the best way to get around and allows you to use the buses and tubes, buy it at the station as they don't usually sell them on the buses.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:46 am
Just Joined

I had a look last night an d the National Express coach from Stansted stops in Wellington Road opposite Lords, about 50yards from the Danubius Regents Park Hotel where I suspect you are staying. You can see the Hotel from the bus stop. Black Cabs are not cheap, I have given you rough prices but they are the safest and best way of getting through London, especially if your not sure where you are going or are carrying luggage
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:47 am
Just Joined

It said on the back of the coach prices from £8
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

We flew from Jerez to Stanstead a couple of months ago. Its was really good.

If you want a magazine or paper though buy before you go through the security check. Theres just 1 little duty free shop and a cafe.

If you are driving there, the parking was about 9 euros a day which is alot more than Malaga, but its right in front of the terminal. Alternatively there is a car park a few minutes before which is about 15 euros for the week.

We timed it...the difference from the moment we landed in Malaga to arriving in Marbella was just 20 minutes quicker than when we landed in Jerez and got back to Marbella. When prices can be a third of the price at malaga, its worth it.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I had a look last night an d the National Express coach from Stansted stops in Wellington Road opposite Lords, about 50yards from the Danubius Regents Park Hotel where I suspect you are staying. You can see the Hotel from the bus stop. Black Cabs are not cheap, I have given you rough prices but they are the safest and best way of getting through London, especially if your not sure where you are going or are carrying luggage
That is fantastic, yes I am staying at the Danubius Regent. Which National Express coach do I take? Do you know the hotel?
Old Sep 8th 2006, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

That is fantastic, yes I am staying at the Danubius Regent. Which National Express coach do I take? Do you know the hotel?

The bus stop had coach No.758 on it but I also saw an A4 to Victoria which may make stops, I think there are proberly several better to check with National Express.
I have been inside the Hotel several times and it is very nice indeed, large reception area, very large bar with plenty of cricket memorabilia and an American style restaurant. The loos are spotless and plush. I haven't been in any rooms though.

Have a good shop
Steve
Old Sep 8th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

The bus stop had coach No.758 on it but I also saw an A4 to Victoria which may make stops, I think there are proberly several better to check with National Express.
I have been inside the Hotel several times and it is very nice indeed, large reception area, very large bar with plenty of cricket memorabilia and an American style restaurant. The loos are spotless and plush. I haven't been in any rooms though.

Have a good shop
Steve
I feel a lot better now. Again thanks.