squatters

Old Dec 1st 2015, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default squatters

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but our next door neighbors rented out their flat and the tenants haven't paid rent since before summer and refuse to leave. They are also very noisy and have caused many problems. Here in Spain it's almost impossible to evict them if they claim to be unemployed or financially insolvent. Complaints have been filed by the community and of course the owners. I won't mention the exact part of Esuri where it's happenning (anyone interested can send a private e-mail.) but it affects everyone in a global way. Thoughts?
Old Dec 1st 2015, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: squatters

I am not on Esuri, squatters are a problem apparently all over Ayamonte. Rumour has it someone was selling keys. One house here was taken over, denuncia made, judge signed papers to evict and eventually they left well kinda of maybe ..... The house has not been secured, the bank does not seem to care about it. Perhaps there is more to the story and it will come out in the wash as they say. Living free of mortgage or rent and free utilities seems not be a concern here. I wish mine were all free !
Old Dec 1st 2015, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by -cordoba-
Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but our next door neighbors rented out their flat and the tenants haven't paid rent since before summer and refuse to leave. They are also very noisy and have caused many problems. Here in Spain it's almost impossible to evict them if they claim to be unemployed or financially insolvent. Complaints have been filed by the community and of course the owners. I won't mention the exact part of Esuri where it's happenning (anyone interested can send a private e-mail.) but it affects everyone in a global way. Thoughts?
Not on Esuri but in exactly the same position you have my sympathy. Its common practice to blag their way into getting a contract pay one month and a deposit then nothing more. My understanding is they are not squatters. Just non payers. I would be interested to know if at the end of the contract when presumably the owner can have the flat back do they become squatters if they don't leave? I believe squatters have to have broken in. Interesting thread.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

After three monthes without paying, you can put them out, using court if necessary. They are not systematically non payers, some have just the problem of not working or waiting for their incomes. Do not blame all of them. I have passed through this difficult situation, because I could not get paid in time by my boss and I had no choice. I do not think I should have been living in the street fot that!... The worse in that case is that people were cheating on me but not on my boss...