speeding fine

Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice
Default speeding fine

Just got a speeding fine that the rental car company passed on:
113 km in an 80 zone
300 euros or 150 if I pay within 20 days.
I think this is the camera just on the exit of a tunnel from Malaga to Motril.

They dont provide a site to pay it on and the camera picture is pretty poor. It just shows the licence plate, everything else is dark.
They don't even have passport info. on the letter so do I have any options for appeal?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: speeding fine

It depends whether you were speeding or not. You obviously were renting the car for the car hire company to pass the fine onto you. The camera obviously caught you. What would you appeal about? I'd just pay the fine or the next time you come to Spain you might find you can't hire a car!!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely it must have time and date on? if you were driving can't see what there is to appeal against? If someone else was driving tell them. The camera surely doesn't have to show you driving you either were or were not. Could just get more expensive and awkward for you to dispute i.e. if someone else driving were they covered by insurance?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice

Originally Posted by rspltd
It depends whether you were speeding or not. You obviously were renting the car for the car hire company to pass the fine onto you. The camera obviously caught you. What would you appeal about? I'd just pay the fine or the next time you come to Spain you might find you can't hire a car!!
How would that happen? Only that particular car hire company would stop it.
You can appeal base don the fact that the picture isn't clear I think.
But all that aside, how am I supposed to pay it anyway if there's no info on the form?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: speeding fine

Originally Posted by qwertyjjj
But all that aside, how am I supposed to pay it anyway if there's no info on the form?
Cut the waffle 'qwerty'. Does the photo show the licence plate and identify the car? Did you rent it or what? Were you the regular driver and did you hire it? Did you drive it through the tunnel during the rental period?
You are 'cleverly' only saying it shows the plate. Are you saying the number is showing clearly or not? You also say 'the' rental car company and not 'a' suggesting you know the company and did hire it from them.
Stop wriggling. Either you're caught 'bang to rights' or it's a potential miscarriage of justice.
The 'information' in your OP is mysteriously devoid of any facts that might answer these questions. I wonder why?
Finally, why not telephone the rental company and ask them how to pay it? Or is that too easy?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

There are signs telling you there is a radar or camera and it is on the gantry. you are not the first and am sure wont be the last to be caught.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:04 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You should see the huge hole he has dug for himself on another forum.

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/view...p?f=41&t=29178
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
You should see the huge hole he has dug for himself on another forum.

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/view...p?f=41&t=29178
I like this bit :- Look, I saw the signs but it was late and I immediately forgot.

Good job there wasn't a breathalyser involved
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps the smoke from his joint was responsible for the short term memory loss and the hazy picture
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:00 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qwertyjjj
Go to the DGT site and enter your case number at top, simple, might need to use google translate?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm disappointed, Just found the thread here and expected a much more aggressive response.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203
I'm disappointed, Just found the thread here and expected a much more aggressive response.
about what ?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I don't speed read I see he has reworded it, on the other forum he asks if, now he is back in the UK it would be OK to ignoere and not pay.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

I wondered if it was a troll on the other forum, now I am sure.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:19 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203
Now I don't speed read I see he has reworded it, on the other forum he asks if, now he is back in the UK it would be OK to ignoere and not pay.
Well if you don't like him, hope that he does ignore it, his posts then may be much more interesting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.