Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Speed Camera Churriana-Cartama Road

Speed Camera Churriana-Cartama Road

Old May 17th 2011, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speed Camera Churriana-Cartama Road

This may be old news to some, but not having driven along this road (A7052)for some time, I now see a camera has been installed when driving towards Cartama from the airport direction between marker post KM3 and the traffic lights. May be useful info for those who use the 'back route' for airport pick ups/drop offs.
Old May 17th 2011, 8:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speed Camera Churriana-Cartama Road

Originally Posted by malagaman
This may be old news to some, but not having driven along this road (A7052)for some time, I now see a camera has been installed when driving towards Cartama from the airport direction between marker post KM3 and the traffic lights. May be useful info for those who use the 'back route' for airport pick ups/drop offs.
Are you trying to say that the Brits in that area normally "speed" going to an fro the airport. Surely not.

Rosemary
Old May 17th 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Perish the thought the trouble is that I was struggling to decide what the actual limit is on that particular stretch of road as it displays 4 different speed limits in in the space of about 1km
Old May 18th 2011, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Once you are past those 4 speed limits, I think the only way you can tell, is to check the limits on the posts going the other way and memorise where they are on your side of the road A GPS would tell you.

John.
Old May 18th 2011, 6:30 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There are details of all fixed cameras on the Trafico site.

http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/informac...ente=siguiente
Old May 18th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Where I live, we have a long road that as you come on to it, the limit is 60km. There are no further signs to show any change of limit, so some people stick to 60km all the way down the road (there are quite often cop cars with cameras parked nearby). About 300 meters along this road there is a change to 80km,
but the only way you would know, is by looking at the sign going in the other direction. Very frustrating for those in the know, and appears to be standard practice in Spain, at least in my area.

John.