Spanish Will

Old Apr 4th 2019, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish Will

Hi Guys,

I recently made an Irish will but the lawyer, in spite of EU mutual recognition of Member State probate, advised that, in his experience, a separate Spanish will (covering just Spanish assets) should be made to make the inevitable process easier. Can anyone point me to information on the key aspects of Spanish probate and cost of making a Spanish will? Can anyone PM me the contact details for a good local Spanish lawyer? I recall a Gloria Crespo was previously recommended.

thanks,
George
Old Apr 4th 2019, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spanish Will

Hi, We used Ana Villamar ( AA solicitors) to both purchase our property and do the Spanish will. We were very pleased with her services. I would recommend you try her without hesitation. The cost of doing the will I recall was very fair, however I don't recall exactly how much it was now. Their website is Página Fuera de Servicio Their location is the ugly tower block almost opposite the PT ferry. Go inside the lobby to the back and turn right up the stairs to the mezzanine floor. Door is on the right. Official address is Calle muelle de Portugal 39 - Ent D, Ayamonte. Ana speaks fluent English and the staff speak fair english as well. She has completed the legal work for lots of properties on Marina esuri.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again, It looks like the website is blocked by THIS site. Just google aa solicitors.

regards

Keith
Old Apr 4th 2019, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
Hi Guys,

I recently made an Irish will but the lawyer, in spite of EU mutual recognition of Member State probate, advised that, in his experience, a separate Spanish will (covering just Spanish assets) should be made to make the inevitable process easier. Can anyone point me to information on the key aspects of Spanish probate and cost of making a Spanish will? Can anyone PM me the contact details for a good local Spanish lawyer? I recall a Gloria Crespo was previously recommended.

thanks,
George
We were similarly advised by our UK solicitor, although in theory your Irish wills should be valid but there may be some extra delays achieving probate .
Also be sure to declare the existence of the other will(s) on each will and vice versa.
Another vote for Ana at A&A . The office is on the mezzanine floor of the office whose entrance is next to the leather shop in the building mentioned above. If the gates are open just go up one flight and knock on the leftmost door. There is an entry phone beside the main gate but I've never found it working.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Keith and Mike. Sounds like Ana may be the one.
best regards
George
Old Apr 5th 2019, 5:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You will pay up to €200 for each will - or less if you are lucky. If it’s a very simple will the Notary’s office might do it for less. Make sure it specifies that Irish law applies, rather than Spanish law. Google Brussels IV

Old Apr 5th 2019, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

casey948 is an unknown quantity at this point

We got simple 'mirror' wills created and notarised by the Notary when we were in Ayamonte last month. They created the wills in two columns, one in Spanish and one in English, we went in and had the wills read to us and then signed them off. They then got them registered. All pretty painless and about 30 minutes out of our lives.
As previously mentioned, it is important that they state that the wills only apply to Spanish assets. Our UK wills state that we have separate wills covering our Spanish assets.
Cost for creation, notarisation and registration of the wills - €67,96 each, bargain for the peace of mind.
Old Apr 6th 2019, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casey948
We got simple 'mirror' wills created and notarised by the Notary when we were in Ayamonte last month. They created the wills in two columns, one in Spanish and onEnglish, we went in and had the wills read to us and then signed them off. They then got them registered. All pretty painless and about 30 minutes out of our lives.
As previously mentioned, it is important that they state that the wills only apply to Spanish assets. Our UK wills state that we have separate wills covering our Spanish assets.
Cost for creation, notarisation and registration of the wills - €67,96 each, bargain for the peace of mind.
Which abogado did you use?
Old Apr 6th 2019, 7:07 am
Just Joined

casey948 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

Which abogado did you use?
We did everything through the Notary by the taxi rank in Calle Medico Rey Garcia. No separate abogado was involved.
Old Apr 6th 2019, 9:15 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Thought this might help also, nearly all my clients get their wills done with Doña Mercedes in Ayamonte and this is the information that will be required.Your full name

Address

Date & Place of Birth

Name of your parents in full (Deceased or not)

Your Marital Status

Previous marriages (with or without children)

Passport Number, Date of Issue and date of Expiry

NIE

And finally, what you want to do with your assets in Spain
Old Apr 6th 2019, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Thought this might help also, nearly all my clients get their wills done with Doña Mercedes in Ayamonte and this is the information that will be required.Your full name

Address

Date & Place of Birth

Name of your parents in full (Deceased or not)

Your Marital Status

Previous marriages (with or without children)

Passport Number, Date of Issue and date of Expiry

NIE

And finally, what you want to do with your assets in Spain
Is Dona Mercedes still in the office opposite the taxi rank at Vintage restaurant?
Old Apr 7th 2019, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the additional info guys. We are heading to Ayamonte next week. If you could PM the contact details I would be obliged.
Best regards
George